Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-20, 11:36 PM  
Genevieve M

t-bar or stabilizer bar for a rebounder?

Hi,

Happy Plandemic,everyone! I am a VF'er from way back, flying in for a visit. Like many, I notice that the Search feature does not work as expected.

That being said, I have decided to dust off a beautiful 49" Bellicon that I bought from a small gym many years ago. I didn't take to rebounding, because I needed a support bar to do more advanced exercises. Now, I notice that Bellicon offers a stabilizer bar set of two. Even though they don't offer a t-bar as a separate product, I found a t-bar offered on ebay that is vendor neutral.

So any of you rebounders out there - do you have either t-bar or curved stabiliizer bar? Which do you prefer?

Also, I'm seeing that the Cellerciser seems to be having a moment. Anyone out there with this product? I can't believe that there is anything that is as lovely as the Bellicon.

Finally, has WWEndy abandoned us? How can we get a movement together to chip in for a software upgrade to improve performance?

Thank you for any info you can give. And stay safe!
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 06:15 AM  
Demeris

I have a Cellercizer, and I love it. I had an Urban Rebounder before. They are as different as butter and margarine.

I chose the Cellercizer because it has metal coils (or whatever those things are called), and I wanted the tension they provide to maintain bone density.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 12:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
I needed a support bar to do more advanced exercises.
is this the t-bar you're referring to? it looks really cool and usable by any type of rebounder since it has a heavy base and is separate from the rebounder. the woman in the video does more "aerial" type moves vs. using it like a ballet barre (although i think you could use the t-bar like a ballet barre).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eNw6AVHD7I

question - are there more youtube videos showing "aerial" type moves with the rebounder and barre?

i have a Jumpsmart that i love and it came with the type of barre that attaches to the rebounder. i haven't used it, in fact i leave it off because it's easier to store the rebounder itself without the barre attached.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 03:20 PM  
Genevieve M

Hi Bzar,

The one you are referencing is close...I think that woman's site is in Australia or someplace. Shipping would be pricey!

This one is close to the one you referenced:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-...97.m4902.l9144

And to answer your question - maybe it's time for you to dust off your Jumpsport. There are a lot of YT vids where they jump pretty high, with the help of a stabilizing bar like this.

Thanks for your input and hope that this info helps as well.
Old 10-29-20, 04:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Genevieve - I’d love a T bar for my 44” Bellicon! I bought it used and it didn’t have one so I also wish they’d sell the T bar separately. Did you buy the ebay one? If so, you’ll have to give us a review.

Jeannine - That freestanding one looks great, but I wonder what the price point is & how easy it is to move around.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 01:50 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Hi Bzar,

The one you are referencing is close...I think that woman's site is in Australia or someplace. Shipping would be pricey!

This one is close to the one you referenced:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-...97.m4902.l9144

And to answer your question - maybe it's time for you to dust off your Jumpsport. There are a lot of YT vids where they jump pretty high, with the help of a stabilizing bar like this.

Thanks for your input and hope that this info helps as well.
that ebay link product is better!

we use our rebounder 1-2x/week but i rarely use the barre it came with. i have the Suzanne Bowen video that i used maybe 1x with the barre attached, but hers doesn't have any aerial moves, in fact, her workout is mostly barre work and very little bouncing. if i'm going to do barre, i have a Fluidity barre that i use for regular barre work.

if anyone has youtube links to "aerial" moves with a stabilizing barre with a rebounder, please post!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 09:20 PM  
Genevieve M

Demeris,

Which Cellercizer do you have - bi-fold or tri-fold? The Cellercizer site seems to think that the folds make a big difference.

Thanks.
Old 10-31-20, 07:02 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Demeris,

Which Cellercizer do you have - bi-fold or tri-fold? The Cellercizer site seems to think that the folds make a big difference.

Thanks.
I have the bi-fold. From what I could determine, the tri-fold would be better for travel.
Old 11-12-20, 03:40 PM  
Genevieve M

HI Demeris,

How often do you use your Cellerciser?

Have you found that it has helped with weight management, melting fat, etc.

To hear the founder, Dave Hall, talk about the device, it is a game-changer for keeping in shape.

Very interested in hearing of your experience. Thanks.
Old 11-12-20, 04:32 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
HI Demeris,

How often do you use your Cellerciser?

Have you found that it has helped with weight management, melting fat, etc.

To hear the founder, Dave Hall, talk about the device, it is a game-changer for keeping in shape.

Very interested in hearing of your experience. Thanks.
I use it 4-6 times a week. Sometimes I'll do a few Leslie miles on it, and sometimes I'll just do five mins of a gentle bounce after I do my workout.

I don't use it for weight management/melting fat. At 63, I've reconciled myself to the fact that my weight and % of fat is related more to what I eat than how or how much I exercise.

I like the rebounder for moving lymph, for getting some gentle cardio (it's almost NO impact), and for stressing my bones. I can tell a difference in how I feel all day when I get some rebounding in.

Tags
bellicon, cellerciser, rebounder, rebounders, t-bar