Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-17-15, 06:21 AM  
DeepSeaSue

Question for those who have completed 21 Day Fix

I've had 21 Day Fix for a while and finally decided to do a rotation and today I did Upper Fix. I noticed that there is no tricep isolation work (ie., there are no tricep kickbacks, dips, overhead presses, etc). I know that the triceps get worked indirectly in moves like chest press but I'm worried about losing the great tricep definition I've gotten from Jari (who does a lot of tricep isolation work).

So for those of you who have completed a 21DF rotation, do you think it has enough tricep work? Are you happy with the tricep definition (and overall upper body definition) you got from 21DF? Or do you think I should add in a few Jari tracks on the days I do Upper Fix? TIA!
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-15, 10:11 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

See how your triceps feel after the bonus round, up & down planks, of Cardio Fix. Also, if you search youtube for Autumn and triceps, there's a 9:46 triceps workout. I always sub french press for upright rows.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-15, 02:36 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I agree there isn't enough triceps work in Upper Body fix but I always substitute some tricep work in, like Cynthia said. Also, I think Dirty 30 has some good tricep work. If you're doing the whole rotation, you should get plenty of tricep exercises overall.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-15, 05:01 PM  
NorthernStar

I agree there is not very much triceps isolation work, but the overall tone of the program is compound movements that focus on larger muscle groups. Your triceps are are still getting worked.

That said, triceps are my #1 problem area, both aesthetically and strength-wise. I add in extra push ups, dips and overhead extensions at the end of my workouts a few times per week to get the extra triceps work I need.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-15, 07:01 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Thank you for the replies I'll wait and try all the workouts first and see how I feel after my first week and then see if I need to add in any extra tricep work. I didn't realize that Autumn sneaks in some upper body work in some of the other workouts. Monterey Vidiot, thanks for mentioning the YouTube video. I didn't know that Autumn had YT videos!
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-15, 07:43 PM  
violingal3

Yup, you'll get some tricep kickbacks in Dirty 30 and your upper body will get worked in sneaky ways in the cardio workouts, don't worry!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day fix