Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-11, 06:12 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Difficult to decide on a favorite for me. I do like the night-shots visually. The only other workout I've ever seen that periodically had a night scene is Miranda's Classical Stretch, but it didn't have quite the same impact with the city lights down below (since she's in Jamaica or Mexico on a beach.)

The disadvantage of having that beautiful nightscape off in the distance is that you don't see Doug or Owen up close. So, there's a definite trade off.

Pam
Now I'm curious...which workouts were filmed at night? I only saw the day time workouts.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-11, 04:45 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennasis View Post
question has nothing to do with rks, just wondering what does dh stand for i keep seeing this in posts and dont know what it stands for. there are a couple of abbreviations used in posts that i dont know but now i forgot so for now just DH
Welcome to VF! There's a helpful guide to many of the abbreviations and shorthand we use here (like the Mary you probably keep reading about) on this thread: My Humble VF Lexicon. Hope that helps!

OK, back to your regularly scheduled RKS thread (which right now is far shorter than the previous ones ).

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-11, 06:23 PM  
gennasis

thank you so much for the welcome and the thread that was sweet.
gennasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 05:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Now I'm curious...which workouts were filmed at night? I only saw the day time workouts.
Sorry Sue, I missed this. That would be workouts #6 and #12.

Some of the workouts looked to be filmed when the sun was going down, because the sky has that nice golden glow, and is very pretty visually, too.

There's another night scene where the crew is not lit up, where they are just doing swings, so you only see their silhouette's. The sun is a fiery orange in the background going down below the horizon.

It's neat that they tried to make these have a different look, depending on the time of day, early morning, late afternoon, or whatever.

I guess I like how everyone sort of glows at night, with the lighting.

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinhardt, reinhardt kb system, rks