Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-28-21, 05:18 PM  
kat999

Today was Maximum Body Sculpting with Tracie. Love this one! Another with limited cardio, although the cardio there is is plyometrics, but I did all of that as prescribed and managed not to modify beyond only using the blue portion of the FL for tall box climb.
Old 12-30-21, 10:19 AM  
Venus

I did The Firm BSS2 Maximum Cardio Burn Plus Abs with Allie Del Rio yesterday. I enjoyed this one, too! They used the Fanny Lifter and sculpting stick; I used only dumbbells for the workout.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 11:18 AM  
Venus

My last workout of 2021 was The Firm BSS2 Complete Aerobics & Weight Training with Emily Welsh. I only used dumbbells and got a good workout
Old 01-01-22, 11:44 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
My last workout of 2021 was The Firm BSS2 Complete Aerobics & Weight Training with Emily Welsh. I only used dumbbells and got a good workout
It's a good workout either way. Probably flows better just using the dumbelss too :-)

My last workout of the year was Tracie Long's Leaning Out. Technically not TheFIRM, but since she was a former instructor, I'm counting it lol. She's not always the best at cuing, but it's different and fun

Happy New Year! Thank you for checking-in. We can do another Firm check-in in the future if you wish :-) I noticed an increase in energy and my migraines haven't been as frequent. I was mostly doing Margaret Richard's workouts before with walking/stretching.
Old 01-02-22, 05:49 PM  
kat999

My first FIRM-style workout of 2022 was Kick Butt Fast Cheetah, with Kimberly and Heidi. This one is great, a perfect 45-minute workout with a good mix of cardio and floor work. It's very light on sculpting, and the cardio is almost entirely low impact. The only things I modified were not doing full tall box climbs and skipping the cobra segment, because lately cobras and upward-facing dogs have bothered my back a little. Otherwise, this was fantastic, and only required the use of 5-pound weights.
Old 01-03-22, 09:44 AM  
Venus

Karla - I think Tracie Long counts. Happy New Year to you! I really enjoyed the check-in, so I'd be up for another Firm check-in. I'm glad you noticed improvements; my energy level improved as well. Both the check-in and having a rotation helped me stay consistent and motivated. It was nice knowing what I was doing each week. I only struggled a bit when I switched from 3 to 2 Firm workouts. I switched from 3 Firm days/2 cardio & Pilates days to 3 cardio & Pilates days/2 Firm days, which I didn't like as much.

I enjoyed the BSS2 workouts so much, I'll be repeating them this month. I may stop posting here, though, since I'll be doing the same 3 workouts each week and I think others have moved on.

kat999 - Hi! I thought I was the only one continuing with Firm workouts. I haven't been doing tall box climbs either.
Old 01-03-22, 04:27 PM  
psupam

Yesterday was FIRM Strength with Pam. Tonight Zumba.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 02:24 PM  
kat999

Today was FitPrime Metaboost with Heidi. For some reason this one was really tough today, even though I don't feel like it is usually. I hope I'm not getting sick.
Old 02-24-22, 05:13 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Today was The Firm Basics Sculpting with Weights to ease myself back into The Firm workouts!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 04:38 PM  
Karla25

Tired of flabby thighs and my pooch (not my dogs) which hangs around even though it's unwanted.

Obviously, it (the unwanted pooch) doesn't take hints well, so am pulling out the big guns and attacking with TheFirm workouts.

Going to try to stick with the Firm for a month or so. Hopefully, Jessica and Margaret won't call out to me. I'm setting my phone on ignore lol.

Today was From the Ground Up. I really felt those step-ups. I'm sure that they will be paying me back tomorrow. It was my first time doing the workout. I had a hard time following Heidi in a couple of spots but liked the workout overall.

Note: The first post on this thread has lots of good links about TheFirm.

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm