Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-13, 07:16 AM  
geojill

Question Looking for a good circuit

I have been struggling to get back into a workout routine and doing it the frequency I would like to do is mentally stressing me out right now. I'd like to get the most bang for my buck and go with a circuit just a few times a week.

I am looking for some good suggestions. I have a few but am looking to add one or two to my list for variety. I've got some Jillian, but don't always like her, and I"m looking for something closer to 45-60 minutes.

The ones I currently have that will fit my bill:

Cathe's High Step Circuit
Firm BSS1 Cardio Sculpt
Billy Blanks' Bootcamp workouts with the blank bands - they always were effective for me.

I guess that's it, I thought I had more...no wonder why I'm looking for others!
Old 03-28-13, 07:30 AM  
JanaK

What about Brooke Burke's Strengthen and Condition and Tone and Tighten?
Old 03-28-13, 07:56 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Some of the ones I like include:

Circuit Burn - Kelly Coffey Meye - This DVD gives you lots of options with the premixes it includes.

Your Best Body Circuit - Michelle Dozois - I think this workout is just fun.

Functionally Fit Fat Burning Workout - This is an oldie, but a goodie by Kathy Smith. It's on the DVD titled Super Slimdown Circuit.

Leaning Out and Defined Lines - Tracie Long - These aren't formally classified as circuit workouts, but they have a little bit of everything in them and I use them as circuit workouts.

Good luck with your search. I hope you find something you like!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 11:05 AM  
PrairieGem

Thumbs up

I love circuit training, too. Hands down, alltime favorite workout DVD ever: Women's Health Ultimate Fat Burn with Amy Dixon. I think it rounds out at 38 minutes, which is shorter than you want--you could add on something for your abs after. You have to not mind TIFTT, though, as the routines repeat within each circuit. She has a longer workout with (I think?) a similar format, Super Fit Bod, but I haven't ever done it. Although it's in my "to preview" stack at the moment!

I think Sharon Mann used to put out some nice circuit workouts, too. I have two of her ultra-programmable DVDs, but it's kind of hard to tell what's what with them.
Old 03-28-13, 11:25 AM  
bfit

What about Chris Freytag's 10 Pound Slimdown Extreme? There are five 40 minute workouts, 5 20 minute workouts, and a couple of short "bonus" sections. I think it's a good deal, and the workouts are good.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 11:52 AM  
SueT

I really l like Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Shape of Things to Come. It was one of the first DVDs she released, and it's still one of my favorites, along with New You Coming. Shape of Things to Come alternates strength and cardio circuits that are really easy to follow, but work the muscle groups well, and it's 50 minutes. New You Coming is 53 minutes, and it alternates upper body and lower body strength to keep the heart rate up.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 12:06 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

My favorite circuit is the BeachBody Project You one that Kathy Smith did: Full Body Circuit. Well-cued and challenging using heavier weights. This one is about 55 minutes.

I often use Cindy Whitmarsh's 10 Days To A Better Body. Doing both the upper body and lower body sections would clock in at about an hour. She uses lighter weights and more reps than in the Kathy one.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 06:03 PM  
Calistro

I love Tom Hollands total body workouts. I think It clocks in at about 42 minutes, and alternates weights, cardio, and absand it has no dread factor
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 06:07 PM  
geojill

Thanks! I'll check all of these out online tonight!
Old 03-29-13, 10:50 AM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I often use Cindy Whitmarsh's 10 Days To A Better Body. Doing both the upper body and lower body sections would clock in at about an hour.
...and that's my SECOND favorite workout ever! In addition to a circuit workout, it's also a great interval workout, because the circuits are only 1 minute long. ("Only," she laughs, as if 40 reps of low lunges is "only" anything!) I'm getting ready to do the UB segment here after I get off VF!

Tags
circuit workouts