Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-04, 04:40 PM  
roseschoff

Pilates tape recommendation

Can anyone recommend a good intermediate pilates tape? I had the Method Precision Toning with Jennifer Kries but I can't find one and wanted to see what else was out there before buying it again.
roseschoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-04, 10:47 PM  
hapiness2005

Breakthrough Pilates Plus

I have heard good things about Breakthrough Pilates. It has Michelle Doizois and Tracy York. They have combination of floor work and standing. They also use weights. Feedback on it has been good.
hapiness2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-04, 02:24 PM  
KickDancer

several intermediate Pilates recommendations

I second the recommendation on Breakthru Pilates, specifically Breakthru Pilates Plus. I wasn't as thrilled with their Core Conditioning Pilates video-- too much talk, not enough exercise. One note on the Breakthru Pilates Plus workout is that it's "pilates-influenced", which means it isn't pure pilates but includes more variety in the exercises. I happen to like this for the sake of challenging my muscles in a different way that's still pilates-like. For example, they include some great exercises for the sides of the oblique muscles. This is also true of the floor section of Method's Standing Pilates Blend.

I would also suggest Classical Pilates Technique: The Complete Matwork Series for true pilates. They have several levels of routines which progress in real time (unlike Jennifer Kries's Method Precision Toning, which is very similar to the intermediate-level routine from Classical Pilates but gets slowed down by the interspersed instruction). I enjoy being able to go through a complete and challenging pilates workout in 15 minutes. And maybe someday I'll be able to progress to the advanced level!
KickDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-04, 03:58 PM  
Karyn
VF Supporter

I'd like to recommend Hilary Burnett's Intermediate Matwork. It's my all time favorite 'under 1/2 hr.' pilates routine. Her sequencing & form are classic pilates, comes in VHS & DVD. I also like Breakthru Pilates Plus but be aware it's a fusion workout (pilates, ballet & yoga), not straight pilates.
Karyn
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-04, 06:26 PM  
hannahsmom

Pilates tape

I would recommend Winsor pilates. I bought the basic set a month 1/2 ago but jsut started using it 10 days ago and already see a definition. I am adding more cardio now to my routine to kick it up a notch. I really like her Bun and Thigh Sculpting tape. It is only 22 minutes and it is a great workout. You feel so good after your done too. I like the power sculpting with band resistance one as well. It's only 1/2 hour and it controls your moves better. I am going to try Michelle Dozois pilates next. I ordered it and the tape was broke which never happened before. They are sending me another one. SHould get it soon and am anxious to try it too.
hannahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-04, 04:16 PM  
Megmoves

Pilates

I absolutely LOVE the Beginning Pilates floor/matt workout from Gaim/Living Arts. The intermediate is excellent too. Instructor Ana Corbin is great! And there are level specific modifications.

Last edited by Megmoves; 12-07-04 at 04:16 PM. Reason: forgot maker
Megmoves is offline   Reply With Quote