Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-26-22, 09:53 AM  
Scorpio6

Barre3 Streaming

Anybody had experience w this? What's it like? What are the offerings in their barre section vs their strength/weights section?
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 10:00 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I had it for 2 years and decided to let it go. There's a lot of content and I really did like the short workouts as add-ons.

I think that Barre3 has really morphed into something other than true barre. There's "mndfullness" yoga, heavy lifting circuit, AWT, or tabata style, and very little barre.

I did like a lot of their instructors. I think that for me, I just wasn't utilizing the membership enough to justify the cost.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 10:27 AM  
diggerholliday

I just cancelled my subscription because my tastes have changed. The newer classes are more fusion rather than traditional barre. You can choose what equipment you want to use: sliders, loops, bands, etc. Like with anything, some of the instructors are better than others at incorporating equipment and choreography to make a great class.
Now they have strength classes with deadlifts, they put in RDLs into every strength class. My problem is that the classes are mostly comprised of compound movements. I know there are benefits to this but at this time I want more of strength not just endurance focus.
They also have more yoga inspired classes at 30 minutes, as well as 10-15 minute focused classes ranging from core to foam rolling.
I also wanted to mention that you should wait until they have the $99 a year sale because otherwise it's too pricey.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 11:11 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerholliday View Post
I also wanted to mention that you should wait until they have the $99 a year sale because otherwise it's too pricey.
For sure, wait for a sale.
I bought my sub on Black Friday.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 11:48 AM  
momofcha

I still like the. And use them often, but they have definitely morphed. I don’t use their strength classes and agree - they are huge fans of RDL and they are in every single strength workout I have viewed.

I like their signature classes best and use them as cardio days with other heavy lifting that I do.

Definitely get it on sale. Don’t ever pay full price

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 11:59 AM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerholliday View Post
Their $99/yr subscription sale has been going on the past couple of weeks. I thought it ended up it’s still active!

https://online.barre3.com/subscription
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 12:08 PM  
prettyinpink

I still have it, have for years, but am using it less.

They have more new workouts than ever, so that’s a plus.
They have changed a lot. In past years, it seemed like the emphasis was a fusion functional fitness type of workout that you would use to supplement an active lifestyle. Instructors would talk about running and biking etc. outside of class.
Now they seem to be trying to have more variety of workouts to be all things to everyone.

The newer cardio workouts are circuits and actually have some (optional) impact, which I do appreciate. It’s still moderate cardio, nothing intense, but solid for 30 minutes. At first I liked the change, but am now getting bored with them because every cardio feels identical, no matter who the instructor is.

The signature workouts are still enjoyable to me, but as others said, they aren’t classic barre. They have never been that, but even less so over time. I use the 30 minute ones, or the 30 minute cardio, as my moderate cardio activity after my weight workouts.

I tried a couple of the strength workouts. I do think it’s good they are acknowledging benefits of using slightly heavier weights. But, they are super boring, not for me.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 07:00 PM  
Scorpio6

Thanks a bunch everyone! I think I will pass on this for now.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 09:57 AM  
ruthular

I have been a barre3 member since the beginning. I’ve had a general sense that it’s not what it used to be, but didn’t think too much about it until this week. I’m doing an experiment trying to get off all of my streaming subscriptions and tried my old b3 dvds. OMG! They are soooooo much better than the streaming content. Much harder, more efficient, and I have DOMS!
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 10:42 AM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthular View Post
I have been a barre3 member since the beginning. I’ve had a general sense that it’s not what it used to be, but didn’t think too much about it until this week. I’m doing an experiment trying to get off all of my streaming subscriptions and tried my old b3 dvds. OMG! They are soooooo much better than the streaming content. Much harder, more efficient, and I have DOMS!
You have inspired me to try this next week. Great idea!
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming