Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-04-22, 10:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Endurance Check-in April-June 2022 Run Hike Row Bike!

Starting the new thread!

Today I did 10k trainer wk3 day3 run intervals for 2.19 miles, some PT stuff and foam/ball rolling.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 12:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I did more ball massage yesterday (racquetballs rock!) and today I did wk4 day1 for I think 2.35 mi of intervals. I need to stretch and roll still.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-07-22, 10:04 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Happy Spring! Even though it’s cold and rainy here.

I’ve been on the fitness rollercoaster lately. But this week has been good, so I’m feeling a little better about it. Last time I made it 4 days and fell apart again, so here’s to doing better this time!

My workouts are alternating days of upper body and lower body strength in the morning and then Peloton rides at lunchtime. I’m trying the keep it simple approach. Once that works consistently, I will expand a little more.

I haven’t run since December 16. Which makes sense since December 17 is when DD brought home Covid, and stress levels hit the roof. I don’t feel like I’m done with running, so I want to work it back into the rotation too.

That’s about it. I have a date on the bike with Bradley for some intervals and hills.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 03:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I did wk4 day2 of the 10k trainer. Haven't stretched or rolled yet.

Old 04-17-22, 09:25 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy Easter!

Old 04-21-22, 08:22 AM  
Vantreesta

I got home Tuesday night after being away for three weeks (including time on the road). I spent a couple weeks in AZ with my family. On April 2 we finally got to have a celebration of life for my mom. It went really well and was nice despite being very tough. When we started planning it we didn't think it would be as hard since it has been two years, but we still had a hard time. It was too much for my dad so my aunt actually did the majority of the work with my brother and me helping. And actually, long before Mom got sick she had written out what she wanted for her funeral and then after she was sick she wrote out smthg she wanted read at it. My brother did an amazing job reading it exactly as she wrote it and saying his own thing before he read it. A few people got up and shared stories, memories or what she meant to them. I wasn't going to speak and then I thought of things I wanted to say so I got up there and then got too emotional to finish. As soon as I said my mom was my best friend it was all over for me. We ended with a photo slideshow set to music and then had some time in the fellowship hall where we had set up photos on posterboards. We laid out suncatchers she had painted and pictures she had colored as well as Christmas trees my aunt and I had crocheted for people to take whatever they wanted as a remembrance of her. Her favorite day of the year was Christmas and she actively celebrated it all year so I wanted the trees for people to put up every year if they want. The following Saturday we buried her ashes. It was all very emotional but we are thankful to have that part finished now and feel we honored her wishes as best we could. I was able to be there with my dad for the two-year anniversary and also stayed for Easter with the family on Saturday and then church with Dad on Sunday before leaving that afternoon to come home. It was a good trip.

Old 04-24-22, 06:12 PM  
Vantreesta

We spent the wknd with my father-in-law, got home a little bit ago. I have my workouts planned for the week and need to get back on track with my routines. Last night I chose some trail races I hope to do this year.

Old 05-03-22, 08:37 AM  
Vantreesta

Finally got out there and did it yesterday! I made myself just start, and yoga is a good place for me to do that. My calf plyo warmup seemed to flip the "let's do this thing!" switch and I had a really good run. It was about 44 degrees so perfect for me.

Mon 5/2 137 minutes
5 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -5 Min Morning Yoga Full Body Stretch (DAY 1) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge, YT) 1st time
15 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -15 Min Morning Yoga Stretch (DAY 2) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge, YT) 1st time
13 minutes (from J Miller YTU QuickfixRx KneeHab -KneeHab 1)
5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
32 minutes (from 2.57 mi run for 10k trainer wk4 day3)
21 minutes (from CVG Murph Training day 1 The Prequel Stretch, YT) 1st time
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.08 mi)

Old 05-10-22, 11:54 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did wk5 day1 of the 10k trainer. I stupidly waited till after 4 PM when the real feel was 88 and the wind was still 25 mph. It was rough but I finished. Also did some yoga afterwards and later PT.

Saturday we spent about 4 hours at the Nebraska Ren Fest. It was a great day and the weather was pretty much perfect. We had planned to go to the Des Moines one Sunday but the predicted rain made us just come on home.

Hope everyone is doing okay!

Old 05-13-22, 09:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue 5/10 69 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 5)
5 minutes (from Yoga With Bird - 5 Min Beginner Friendly Morning Yoga to Start Your Day! (DAY 5) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge, YT) 1st time
11 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 5 Legs at the Barre, YT) 1st time
8 minutes (from CVG Murph: Train Like a Hero day 3 core challenge 8 min AMRAP)
00 minutes (from CVG Murph: Train Like a Hero day 4 mobility challenge "Look Ma no hands!" AKA The Broomstick Challenge) SUCCESS!
2 minutes (from CVG Murph: Train Like a Hero day 6 -40 pike pushups FT -done in 2:28:14)
7 minutes (from PT stretches)
29 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.95 mi)

Wed 5/11 20 minutes
20 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.32 mi) stormy out and not feeling great, too hot for afternoon walk

Thu 5/12 84 minutes
39 minutes (from 2.35 mi walk home with Cyric from auto shop)
31 minutes (from 2.39 mi run for 10k trainer wk5 day2) still 93 degrees and 96 real feel at 6 PM!
14 minutes (from 1 dog walks 1.06 mi) too miserably hot for an afternoon walk again

Fri 5/13 0 minutes FRIDAY THE 13TH!!
8 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge days 6)
9 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -10 Min Morning Yoga DAY 6 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge, YT) 1st time
18 minutes (from PT strength exercises)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
13 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 6 Core Workout, YT) 1st time
18 minutes (from Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 5-butterfly pose + day 6-half dragonfly, YT) 1st time
0 minutes (from foam roll/ball massage + PT stretches)
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.76 mi)