Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-09-22, 06:47 AM  
Buzzer

KCM Body Shop workout 2... DONE!

This one I didn't like as much. She started out with like a pull-up move, using weights as you stand. So focusing on the back, focusing on pulling down instead of shoulder pressing. If that makes sense. Since it's a 30 minute workout, she doesn't do a great warm up, and having this as the first exercise was not good for my shoulders! It was like my muscles were confused what to do and not warmed up enough to do it. I dropped down in weight, and didn't focus as much as I probably should have if the exercise were later on in the workout. seems to me that was the only back exercise too, so it was kinda wasted time for me.

The rest of the workout was better. Everything was done for 3 sets of 10 reps, quite fast too. I did chest press with 20's instead of pushups, and of course on that one she barely rested (actually, looking back I don't think she rested at all!) so I did 30 chest presses with 20 pounds. It was OK, however my wrists weren't as happy as they could be.

So a few complaints with this workout, however I loved workout 1 and will probably do it again tomorrow. I think she works out just as much as many of these hour long workouts, however since she wastes zero time, she can condense it down. Still amazing to me what she fits into 30 minutes! No soreness today.

I did take out all the tack strips for the old carpet in LB's room. I had to put a wedge thing under the strip, whack it with a hammer until it wedged under, then pull up the strip. There were two walls that had two tack strip rows. So that took the better portion of a day. It was super hot too. I paused to make meals too, so it took even longer. Today I am helping DH out with the shop drama, then will probably get started on laying the floor. DH yesterday, after commenting on how well he and LB did painting, said "I hope I helped you guys out a bit on your project". I thought.... what? Our project? When did this become our project? I guess I just assumed it was all three of us working on a project together, not him helping us with "our project". Oh well. Just a strange choice of words.

Anyhow, not excited for the morning, however I will be glad when it's afternoon and we get to doing what we need to do. LB has an oral exam Saturday for Westernaires, so we are quizzing her on that stuff and getting lightly into school stuff so it isn't a huge change when we start to hit the school day hard. We are listening to an audio book "Little Britches" which is really cool because it's written about our area! It's set when this was still the Wild West, and the kid is visiting places we know. So it's really interesting. Plus I'm starting these "one minute mysteries" where she has to figure out the solution to the "mystery". Hard to believe summer is almost over and I'm starting to transition into school!!

Eventmom: I am glad you are feeling better. Better to catch covid now than when it was full swing, that's for sure! If you are feeling good enough to ride, that's great recovery!

Ebianco: I had bought these really cute heels, and intended for them to be my summer shoes. I had been looking around at women's feet, and realized the sock and sneaker look was pretty lame and it was what I sported constantly. I wanted to feel pretty, not like I could burst out into a jog at any moment. So I got these super cute heels at Walmart, and wore them for a while. I loved them! However then habit kicked in, and I am back to my sporty shoes and socks. I should wear the heels still, at least some times, however I think they will just be relegated to being fancy dinner shoes also. My feet take so much abuse, I guess I am happy I take care of them instead of wearing fancy shoes everywhere. sigh. They did make me feel prettier though.

I had a friend comment that she felt prettier once her nails were painted. mine always have dirt shoved under them I can't get rid of, and they break so easy it's insane. Maybe I should paint them and see if that helps, instead of wearing pretty shoes.

You are having all your issues taken care of! That's great. Sad that the next one will set you back so much, however good that you have a plan when you can get back into it! That's motivating!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 08:48 AM  
Buzzer

KCM Cardio Quick Fix, workout 1... DONE!

I LOVED this workout! Like, LOVED LOVED. She starts with a move, then builds on it. It was so much fun! Not a real butt kicker, but I had so much fun, I was grinning ear to ear at the end. It reminded me of something I would have taught in my classes. Just a fun workout!

I went to DH's shop in the morning, which took until about 1pm. When I got home, the kids came down here to play, and I groomed Yujin a bit and unclogged a sink. Then the people who stash their camper here came to pick it up, so I talked to them for a while. Right after that, as I was walking back to the house, DH came home and talked to me. Then the kids' Mom called. Then I finished talking to DH, started walking to the house, and the kids' Mom came to get them. Finally, LB and I made it to the house together, and it was 4:30pm. We quick ate something and had to be at karate at 5:30...

So my day was literally one thing after another! HA! It was just weird how the day was a chain of events that perfectly timed one after another. By the time we got home, we were both exhausted.

Last night she was having nightmares, so I was up for about 2 hours with her. I'm letting her sleep, however we are spending the day at Elitches with her BFF and another homeschool family, so I'm letting her sleep!! I won't be able to workout this morning, because I first have to wake myself up, then get us ready to go. I'm sad because this new rotation of KCM's is really motivating me! I love doing all these new videos, and knowing they will kick my booty in 30 minutes!

I have decided she does 60 minutes of work in that 30 minutes. I did Cathe Abs after my workout yesterday, I think it was ab circuits. I did the no equipment one, and was surprised (and kinda happy) at how much she just laid around. She paused between exercises! I never realized how relaxed Cathe's workouts are. HA!

Tomorrow I will be back to working out, and hopefully we will just have a slow day. I need a slow day! of course, a slow day with a temperature in the high 60's would be perfect so I can get some yard work done without melting.

Waves to both of you! I hope you are feeling better Eventmom, and I hope you have caught up on your sleep and maybe even have a report back, Ebianco!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-10-22, 12:33 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I'm checking in with Caroline EPIC 3 upper body today (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE5F...i4uVpN&index=5). Ive done this one a few times now, tagged as one of my favorites except I don't like the music quite as much. But I really like the layout and the staple exercise which is pushups but a different variety each time. I upped my chest weights to 25# from 22.5# so we'll see how I feel tomorrow! I'm eyeing a 54# kettlebell from https://www.onnit.com/primal-bells/ the price runs about the same as for a normal kettlebell so may as well be in style! My 45# is starting to get too easy for deadlifts which is crazy. I'm tempted to get a 72# as well (to get free shipping) but I really need to think about whether I'll be getting the use out of it. I'm optimistic I may work up to 72# eventually for deadlifts? Maybe

Edited for Thursday: Today I did Caroline EPIC Endgame lower body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afyW...i4uVpN&index=6). It was the first day of that programs so it was very basic squats, lunges, deadlifts, nothing too creative but the simplicity of 60 seconds of work, repeated once, really still had the burnout! Tomorrow I definitely want to hit abs and extended stretching. Then total body Saturday and barre on Sunday.

Edited for Friday: Well I was thinking yesterday what could I do that has some cardio, abs, and stretch and I remembered about Michelle Dozois Body 360 workouts! I have all four but I have never done the last one, in fact I never even broke the seal on it from four years ago haha. I decided to start with Volume 4 since it looked like the easiest and it was just right for today. A lot of dance cardio that can be taken higher or lower (I mixed up my intensity) and was mostly easy to follow (admittedly I have two left feet), then a brief toning section for legs, then arms, then abs, then a really good stretch, and the DVD has awesome music. So that's what I did today! I hope you are both doing well!

Well, the sleep place called me and I was so excited to hear my diagnosis, then they told me I have to wait until next Monday to have another consult with the doctor to to over the results. So fine, at least it's just a few days away. But my fatigue is real! I was borderline falling asleep at the office yesterday The fatigue is bad enough that I may tell my boss and employees that "hey my fatigue is really bad, if I'm forgetful it's not because I'm not paying attention!" I will wait to get a formal diagnosis on Monday and see what they say for treatment first before I do that, but it can't be soon enough!

Eventmom I'm glad you are feeling better!

Buzzer I'm glad you found a workout you truly love! It's always wonderful to discover a new DVD that you don't just like, you LOVE.

Some of Cathe's workouts are surprisingly slow between sets! I often miss Cathe and may end up mixing in some of her total body strength workouts again, during my upcoming Caroline rotation if I am starting to feel burned out from Caroline. I can't imagining that happening, but I KNOW it eventually could/would happen if I do her workouts enough!

I hope you had cooler weather for yard work.

Yeah, I hear you about wearing sneakers feeling kinda lame, especially when the rest of me may be more dressed up! I've been lax about walking around barefoot again a little and I've been fine, I think my foot is basically 100% again! You're right, maybe getting your fingernails painted would help feel pretty and feminine and not at the cost of achy feet! For me I try to wear a piece of jewelry or two to get that feeling back.
Old 08-12-22, 10:42 AM  
Buzzer

KCM Muscle up Lift 2B Fit back and Chest... DONE
KCM Muscle up lift 2B fit legs... DONE!

Yesterday I did the chest and back. I slept in, after being up for a few hours during the night, so I was working out in the heat of the day with just a fan to cool me off. The chest and back is only 20 minutes, so I toughed it out! I used 25's on chest, and 15's on back. I need to up my back so it's not so weak!! It was good though. The last set is pushups, so I did more chest presses. if I had more time I would have put my bench at an incline since I had already done some sets of presses, however next time I will pause it and do it.

today I did legs. I don't necessarily like doing legs, so I was happy to have a 20 minute workout! Got it over with real quick. I used 20's and 15's, although I wish I would have gone up to 20's and 25's. Next time. It was a good workout though. I think she hit the legs about as much as they get hit in a 60 minute workout, so i had considered adding on another leg burnout segment from one of her other workouts, but instead added on abs from Cathe's ab hits workouts. I did an abs that was 9 1/2 minutes, so I got about 30 minutes in again today. I am really liking the 30 minute workouts! Especially since I've been so active during the day.

we went to the amusement park Wednesday, and it was HOT. I met a new friend... someone I had met one time before a few months ago, but this was the first time I sat down with her and talked to her. She was awesome! One of those people you feel like you knew all along. It was so nice! LB and her BFF ran around the waterpark and had a blast, and my and my new friend went down some waterslides together. It was fun!

Yesterday we were so pooped, we did nothing. I literally was in my jammies all day. LB went on the "Mind Eraser" roller coaster, and said her head was down on one of the parts of it and she couldn't pull it back up. So yesterday she had a sore neck (now the Mind Eraser is a banned ride) so we just hung out and watched "Hotel Hell" with our favorite, Gordon Ramsey!!!

we played some board games and just had a chill day. Today I have to run some errands for DH, and we are going swimming this afternoon. So a bit of activity, but nothing too bad.

Ebianco: I am sorry they are making you wait so long! I don't know if that means it's good news or bad! Don't they realize you just want to sleep, like, NOW? you'd think they would have a bit more of fire under their behinds.

I always wear skorts in the summer, so I always think that should make me feel more feminine. And it does, but I still feel like I'm too sporty with my sneakers. I am not a jewelry person, although I did get some cheap, cute leather wrap bracelets from Amazon that I have been trying to wear. I think those make me feel a little more dressed up too. I don't know why I'm fixated on my footwear. I think maybe because I worked in gyms so long that I just still feel like I'm ready for the gym!

Hi Eventmom! Hope you are doing well and staying cool!! LB has her final tests in Westernaires this Saturday, so she has been studying all her information. She is an early horse expert I remembered you saying when it's hot you bring chips and I think you said gatorade, so I am getting her those for tomorrow. We have 3 more days of heat before rain and cooler temps come along, and sadly she has all this on a 95 degree day. So I am looking at how I can make it as comfortable for her as possible!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-14-22, 01:20 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I warmed up with Firm Volume 6 plus all the cardio then I did this Penny Barnshaw total body workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSAI...ndex=40&t=170s) and it was a toughie! Then an extended stretch for an 82 minute workout!

I finished my workout week today with a Grow with Jo warm up then did Pure Barre Resistance Series #4 with some rebounding cardio in between chapters (from this Michele Briehler workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOyL...MXm_p&index=40) for an overall 65 minute workout.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are planned rest days! By the time I check in tomorrow or early this week, I'll have my sleep results! Hopefully they will be helpful and have a resolution, with either a cpap or medicine? Fingers crossed.

Eventmom waves!

Buzzer I was thinking the same thing about the waiting for my sleep diagnosis (that it is bad news) but my DH suggested they are probably just trying to charge the insurance for another doctor visit, and he's probably right! So I can sleep, actually I've been sleeping fairly good lately and my fatigue isn't as bad the last couple of days, but the problem is hypersomnia, not insomnia, in that I'm always sleepy and never really feeling awake. I'm hoping they will diagnose me with sleep apnea because the cpap is a more holistic treatment than a medicine would be, but I am ready to pretty much try anything at this point. I just hope they don't decide they need to do another sleep study!

Wonderful that you met a new friend at the amusement park! Scary about LB's sore neck on the roller coaster though.

I have some pretty flashy sneakers (they're kind of rainbow colored, my sister described them as looking like a tropical bird ) which while definitely noticeable, I would like to think they look more sporty and fashionable and not just crazy LOL.
Old 08-14-22, 04:18 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hi!
we made it back Friday afternoon. We overnighted in Amarillo Thursday fortunately the place I found was a nice as it seemed. Not fancy but safe, clean, easy to get to.

I'm still so very tired.

Thursday - 2 chapters from Santa Fe stretch - CS was too energetic!
Sat - Action Jacquelyn gentle barre
today- AJ yoga she has a 7 day rotatation, I did day one, 'choice' easy, 20 min

do either of you want

The Firm Cardio Weight System - 4 dvds, if not I'll post them to swapadvd. It was a thrift store find in Taos but now that I've got other things there I cannot imagine using this set.

I'll try to get caught up on your posts - I'm so behind on work stuff now

buzzer - salty foods for sure and electrolytes of some sort when I'm out in the heat. hope it went well.

ebianco - those doctors are so slow they have to read your results and write up a report etc etc hope you get some useful news soon.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 07:45 AM  
Buzzer

KCM Lift 2B Fit shoulders and arms.. DONE!
KCM Cardio Quick Fix workout 2... DONE!

The shoulders and arms didn't seem like they were that tough, but man! My muscles are still sore, and it's been 2 days ago! I used her weights, although at the last set of biceps she pyramided down to 15's and I stayed at 20's. Other than that, I tried to stick to her weights, and she lifted heavy! I loved it!

Cardio Quick fix, I didn't like workout 2 as much as workout 1. WO1 was so much fun! WO2 was more Cathe like. She even had air jacks in it. Lots of high intensity moves, and more like drills. WO1 was more dancey and fun! It was good, but not something I will reach for much. I felt like it was kinda a cardio legs workout too, because she did squats and side lunges. Lots of them, too.

Today I am switching to Slim and Lean Jari Love, and just doing the legs. Wish me luck! HA! I've been doing KCM for a few weeks, I feel like Jari will suddenly go super slow. I am going to watch some clips after I finish this just to get myself into the mood to do it.

LB ended up with perfect scores on all her riding and tests! I am so proud of her. I told her to get to the front of the line and get in first to take her oral exam, and she said she was second in line. She was in and out pretty quick! We actually had time to go out to eat a Chick Fil A between the test and her ride, so we did that. It kept her (and her friend) cooler for sure! The ride was steaming hot, however since it was a test, only about 10 girls were in the arena at a time. So while she and her friend were waiting, I gave them water to drink. So hopefully that helped! For some reason, to add more stress onto these kids' day, they also scheduled them to sweep the indoor arenas afterwards. So that added about another 1/2 hour onto their day. Glad to have it all done though! Also so grateful LB and her friend got in to do their exams early. It gave them a longer break and us more time to stay cool.

So Saturday went well!

Yesterday we went to church, then there was a food truck that belongs to a member of the church that serves food afterward. For $3 we get a hamburger, a bag of chips, a drink and a gigantic snow cone thing (I don't remember what those things are called, but they have a special name). I just got the burger, chips and drink, however LB got the whole thing. She was sugar rushing so luckily we sat around for a while and chatted so the kids could run around!

Then LB had a birthday party to go to, so we went and got a gift and she ran around another few hours. Last night she was complaining her legs were so sore and tired! I don't doubt it. She ran about 6 hours yesterday. Today is supposed to be and 1 1/2" of RAIN. That's like 16" of snow falling in one day. I remember hearing 1" of rain equals 12" of snow, so that's what I'm going off of. It's gonna be a soggy day!

We do have a watch party tonight for CC, since we start next week already! It's hard to believe summer is almost over! the party is at least 2 hours long (the video we Mom's watch is that long) so it'll be another playing day for LB.

I am tired! Lots of activity, and not enough alone time/time to myself. Plus the house is a disaster with LB's room emptied, most of the stuff and furniture is in our tiny living room. Im sure when it's gone, the house will feel huge again! Kinda like when you take down your Christmas tree. Suddenly your house opens up for a few days.

Ebianco: Your shoe story cracked me up. I totally wonder sometimes if I look sporty or crazy! HA! Especially the times I am wearing my fuzzy socks and forget I have them on. then I am wearing a skirt (skort), sneakers and fuzzy socks. I think at that time I do look crazy. I remember one time I was wearing these super comfy shoes (like, slippers comfy) and I caught myself in the mirror at a department store. I looked homely! HA! I decided then that I needed to work on my footwear. I guess I have fallen back into that again.

Eventmom: I get being pooped for sure. Ugh. I need a vacation where I'm alone! I know are you getting geared up for your last semester... good luck! It'll go fast!
Cardio Weight system, I think I have all those workouts already! They are all fun workouts. I don't do them very often... except the cardio one. That one is dance fun!

I have been watching another "unsellable houses" show, and I have decided I'm not sure I can do this on my own. It's amazing what a designer can do with a home! I am wondering if I should start designer shopping. I painted the moulding in the dining room white, and it doesn't look right in our house. So now I am rethinking painting the kitchen. I told LB maybe just the lower cabinets and countertop? I'm not sure now. I was so sure a few weeks ago! I even bought expensive paint! Now I just don't think the fully painted look looks right in our house. Theres a mobile kitchen island at American furniture I have been eyeing, but to cut out our peninsula in the kitchen (which I HATE) looks like a big project. I'm not sure it's one I can do. So now we've been planning for next week while DH is out, and I'm not sure now what I am going to do! HA! leave it to me to suddenly have no clue.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-17-22, 05:50 AM  
Buzzer

Jari Love Slim and Lean lower body only.. DONE!
Jari Love Slim and Lean upper body only... DONE!

So the first time, I did the bent leg deadlifts and skipped the back work. I just held at the bottom when she did the back rows. The second time, I did stiff leg deadlifts and did the back work with it. So I worked my legs more the first time, and back more the second.

I misunderstood Jari's weights the first time on my legs, and when it said that she lifted 20 pounds, I grabbed 2 20's. WOW! That was heavy! I did it, but it wore me out for the rest of the workout! I ended up with a great workout, and didn't make that mistake for teh rest of it!

It's my turn for "500 internal service error" so I'll try to post the rest of my check in later
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 08-17-22, 05:35 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today was my the beginning of my workout week with Vera La Ro lower body, I mixed in this workout because it has leg press where Caroline really doesn't do that too much, plus some bridge work with the loop which was surprisingly tough (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG66...i4uVpN&index=7). It's nice to get a change from Caroline every once in a while, but I'm doing Caroline again tomorrow!

Eventmom and Buzzer My sleep doctor told me that no I didn't sleep to much BUT I did sleep enough for them to get enough data (whew!!) I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea, I stopped breathing approximately 6.2 times per hour, which is on the low end (mild sleep apnea is 5-15 times per hour), but it is enough to warrant getting a cpap! He diagnosed me with hypersomnia too, as expected, I asked about medicine but he said the cpap would be best to start with and it sounds good to me. I have a cpap sleep study (where they have you use a cpap and they calibrate it for you) tomorrow night pending my insurance approval, which may not come in that soon, in which case it will have to be next week, but crossing my fingers! At any rate I really hope the cpap will help with my fatigue! I cannot wait to try out the cpap!

Buzzer Haha that is very heavy weights for Jari Love, isn't she mostly high rep! I would have been dying with 2, 20# weights!

Haha yeah Cathe has so many air jacks in her workouts In my 20s I would have thought this was fabulous but not now LOL

Don't second guess yourself on the redesign, I'm sure the paint you chose looks great! I agree though taking out the peninsula does sound like a big project. Let us know what you decide!

Big congratulations to LB for her perfect riding scores!!
Old 08-18-22, 06:47 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hi - well I haven't been getting emails from vf!

anyway - been doing 20 min yoga practices from an Action Jacquelyn set. That's about all I can manage. Still tired by the afternoon.

buzzer - I have never used a designer. We'd be happy if you tile guy that agreed to re do our bathroom would return our calls! Great job to LB on her westernaires.

ebianco - I think it's great they will have you do a study with the cpap. They just sent me something. the head device was so painful I guess I tried to sleep without my head resting on the pillow and I got a neck strain. then it was adjusted to max I guess. One day I swallowed a huge air bubble, a few days later I ended up with a twisted intestine and emergency surgery. I'm sure the drs would say no relation but still. I think it's great they will test you out and make sure it's right for you. clearly the cpap was a huge waste of time and money for me (they company also didn't set up some of it correctly so they couldn't track it and would call me and threaten me that I'd owe big piles of money if I didn't actually use it - so overall awful experience.)
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote