Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-16-22, 09:57 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Love's Get Ripped & Chiseled (Upper Body weight lifting workout, 25 minutes)
Deep Stretch Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire DVD (Neck and Shoulders practice, 20 minutes)

Today I'll also be walking with my 3 year old grandson to the park.

Pam, I hope all of your lingering covid symptoms resolve soon. Did your DH come down with covid too?

Pat, I'm so glad you are OK! I feared you might have covid. How nice that you spent time with your DS.
I love Attenborough too.
Thanks for your Kassandra book review!
With the lockdown in March 2020, I completely stopped coloring my hair. So far it's not too bad and I've decided not to color it anymore. I love not going to the salon for 2-3 hours every couple months and love saving the money!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 02:08 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Today's Workout: It is going to be a toasty one here -- high about 107 -- so I elected to do my workout early and keep it short. I did various upper body exercises from Margaret Richard's Good N Strong.

Yogapam: I'm so sorry you got Covid, but happy to hear you are over the worst of it. Take care!

Pat58: I'm excited about my new gym as well! Looking forward to shaking things up, and since I'll be retired by the time it opens I'll have a lot of flexibility as to when I go there. The gym is also in a major shopping area so I'll be able to run my errands, too.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 05:09 PM  
cyana

OMG (where's the puking guy when you need him???)!

So you know that I still eat across the aisle, LOL, I purchased a box of Upton's Bar-B-Que Jackfruit (vegan). It was on sale at the Whole Wallet and I thought I'd give it a try. Here's a picture of the box: https://www.uptonsnaturals.com/produ...-que-jackfruit .

I personally thought this stuff was disgusting (sorry Upton's, this just wasn't my cup of tea). I would try jackfruit again, but out of a can and prepared using a recipe so I could control the ingredients.

Pat - I know you'd mentioned some time ago that you didn't care for jackfruit. I'm almost queasy! I also love a good grilled Portabella mushroom. We had an Italian restaurant that would grill the cap and top it with marinara sauce and cheese and it was so good.

Sandra - Yikes you had a toasty day! We're still having quite decent weather for August. You're retirement is getting so close!

Beth - I'm the poster child for Covid Hair!

I did HIIT with Cubii earlier today (10 cycles/60 second intervals). I may try heading out for a walk or some qi gong later if I don't barf.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 10:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I'm having a couple of funky days here. Yesterday was low key:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 11
~ 15 minute Kassandra evening yin
~ 3,905 steps

DH called me yesterday afternoon that he sold his old LeSabre to the tow truck driver who rescued him from rush hour traffic. It needed a new fuel pump and gas tank but the only ones he could find in junkyards were rotted through, and they don't make parts for that model. That project almost didn't justify the cost, so he's on the hunt for a used car. And we are floored at the price people are asking for a used heap!

Beth and Paine - you both have beautiful hair, I'm sure gray will look/looks beautiful on you.

Sandra, wow that's hot for your part of the state. Is the drought affecting you? The news has been so scary.

Cyana, jackfruit is gross. I can't even get passed how it looks. Trypophobia

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 10:50 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You: Volume 2 Program B: Abs, Outer Thigh, Inner Thigh and Stretch/Cool Down
Volume 2 Program C: Calves, Quadriceps, Hamstrings and Gluteals
Bendy Body: Stretching the Legs and Hips practice

Pat, good luck with the car search. Now that my DH is retired, we only need one car. We are hoping that our Subaru Forrester will last us the rest of our lives. Time will tell...
Aw, thank you for the compliment about my hair. I look better without the gray in my hair but I'm OK with it as it is for now. I reserve the right to change my mind though!

Cyana and Pat, I have never eaten cooked jackfruit. I tried fresh raw jackfruit for the first time a few weeks ago when our younger son brought some over. In my opinion, it was just OK, but I don't like it enough to buy it fresh and go through the mess of cutting it up and taking the seeds out (very cumbersome!). Yes Pat, it looks ugly!
Old 08-17-22, 10:05 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: I did Core & Legs from Essentrics Strength & Stretch In Motion. It is not balanced enough for me to do as a regular lower body workout, but today it made a nice change from Margaret.

Pat58: Apparently California is in a continuing multi-year drought, exacerbated by climate change. In fact, our local paper had a lengthy article today laying it all out. Ironically, there was also a major study that came out a few days ago showing we are also at risk for a major flood event! These are strange times, for sure. Good luck with your used car hunt. Not sure what I'll do if/when my 10-year-old car bites the dust -- maybe I'll just take the bus!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 10:18 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Just a quick hello since I'm at work (actually in the office, haha). I have some inner thigh DOMS from Hamelin yesterday! I am enjoying doing the HDM workouts - they are tough, but I don't have any dread factor before and don't feel exhausted after like when I was doing Cee's routines.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 10:26 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga Practice with Donna Helm-Yost, 60 minutes

I have DOMS today so Yin Yoga felt good this morning.

Beth, how nice that you are enjoying Hamelin. I need to do his Armatics Taster. Which inner thigh workout did you do yesterday?
Old 08-18-22, 11:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Greetings all! I didn't get much done in my funk yesterday other than day 1 of Lee's Qi Challenge. I had a nice massage in the evening and slept like a rock, and feel much better today.

Sandra, I sure hope you don't end up from one extreme to the other. Crazy times we live in. All the denial and fighting over it only prolonged the inevitable. I saw Nevada is tearing out lawns and prohibiting sprinklers. I never understood why people feel the need to put lawns in the deserts. We lived in Phoenix in the 1980s and it just seemed so stupid when you have have beautifully xeriscaped properties with local plants.

I have to say on the flip side of all this tragedy, it's a hoot how all the Mafia Las Vegas dumps in Lake Mead are turning up. Maybe some cold cases will be solved.

Sending healing miso soup vibes to Pam.

I'm in the middle of a boring transcript [roll eyes] and have to scoot - best to one and all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 12:20 PM  
cyana

Quick fly by.

LOL, Pat - you taught me a new word this week. And gave me a good chuckle in the process! I did a few minutes of breath work after I laid down last evening and slept better than average, so I'll try it for a week or so to see if it was a fluke or whether I should incorporate this into my daily rituals. Glad you enjoyed your massage. Interesting thought about Lake Mead and getting cold cases solved.

Sandra - While we're having a milder/wetter than normal August, I read something this week about 2050 regional weather projections and how many days over 100 degrees this area should expect. It was quite sobering. Don't you have a Honda? DH has a 2001 CRV with around 200K miles on it and it still runs like a champ. DS has a 2003 Civic, much lower mileage, but was involved in an accident some years back (oops - excellent body shop to the rescue!), and still runs great.

Beth - Wow, haven't done Armatics Taster in years. I think that may be the only Hamelin that I've done. Hope all is well at work.

Paine - We did our on-line shopping at Whole Wallet this AM and I saw the Native Forest jackfruit in cans for over $5 each. Holy crap!!! I'm off next week and hoping to work on some veggie burgers. I'll keep you posted.

Pam - I hope you're seeing improvement every day. Sending (((hugs))). Hope the rest of your family is well.

Waves to Margot, Carolyn and anyone else peeking in.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, kassandra reinhardt