Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-15-22, 08:43 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I did a 30 min hill workout on the mill tonight. I always dread and hate hill workouts but they are never as bad as I fear they will be. I walked when I got too breathless.

Jbliff those walks sound wonderful! Isn’t it great to be outside? Those toe exercises are hard indeed. I have never tried PiYo but I like what I have seen.

Hi Gibbee!! Glad you and your BF are well and able to do some walking. I know you must be excited about seeing Kelley and hopefully Cathe. How long are KCM road trips? How is your DD and her hubs? Did you have night sweats with Covid?

Waves to Vannie and Cher.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 09:26 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a 60-minute walk + 42 minutes of strength training mixed with some cardio + 15 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - I have been just loving this weather. It was actually a little chilly yesterday with some sprinkles of rain.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 07:10 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I just did a quick upper body workout on my own today, using my Cathe band. Was feeling uninspired to go to Burn for some reason.

Yes Jbliff I am envious of your wonderful weather! Wish you could ship it my way.

Waves to all.
Old 08-17-22, 08:09 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 30 minutes of PiYo (trying 3 different workouts on Youtube) + 30 minutes of Body Combat.

Karjoy - I've decided PiYo is not for me. When I do pilates or yoga I want to be in a Zen state, and PiYo is way too much rapid movement and puts a fair amount of stress on your wrists. I'd send the good weather your way if I could!

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
Old 08-17-22, 08:28 AM  
Vantreesta

We spent the wknd with my FIL and stayed an extra day bc Saturday we went to a new Ren fest in ND. It was fun. Very small and very few vendors so I didn't buy anything, which is pretty much unheard of. No workouts Fri-Mon except toe yoga and some dog walks on Fri and Mon. Back at it yesterday. I'm starting to work on Halloween crafts!

Tue 8/16 170 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga)
10 minutes (from J. Reppel 10 Min. Shoulder & Thoracic Spine Mobility | Follow Along, No Equipment | Back Pain Relief, YT)
24 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
22 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 4)
38 minutes (from C. Johnson ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 2)
17 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -Beginner's Everyday Yoga Full Body Stretch | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 12, YT) 1st time
47 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.97 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 12:11 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk with DH in the morning + total body strength training mixed with some cardio in the afternoon.

Vannie - Good mix of workouts Tuesday!

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 08-18-22, 04:59 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Didn’t get around to checking in yesterday. Today I had my second cataract surgery which went very well. Vision is still a little blurry of course. No exercise today but tomorrow I can start some mild walking which I can do daily for 5-6 days, and then start slow running and light ish lifting. I ran about 52 min on mill last night. I actually finished Better Call Saul a day or 2 ago, and there was some taking of responsibility and some moves toward justice at the end. I don’ t think I will watch Breaking Bad though. I have heard it is more violent Nope. At least BCSaul explored character development.

Jbliff Beach Body PiYo with Chalean does look too fast for me, though it looks like a good workout. I took a PiYo class years ago that moved more slowly and felt good. I know you do Les Mills stuff and one of the best Yoga classes I have ever taken was at Cathe trips, done by Cathe herself, and it was a licensed Les Mills class. I think you would have loved it. Neither too fast or too slow with some Pilates moves. And Cathe was an awesome teacher.

Vannie your Ren fest sounds like fun. Always nice to try new things. I love your workouts this week! Full of variety. What’s the challenge to reform your running workout? We runners are always looking for “the answer “! 🤣

I will still be checking in daily with walks. I am actually looking forward to mild walking outdoors.
Old 08-19-22, 07:04 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a 60-minute walk with DH in the morning and 35 minutes of yoga in the afternoon. Our weather continues to be really nice and cool in the morning and warm up to mid 80s in the afternoon.

Karjoy - Wishing you great eyesight in a day or so. Thanks for the tip on Les Mills yoga. I will see if I can find a workout on Youtube to try. Looks like it's a mix of yoga, tai chi and pilates, which sound right up my alley. That Cathe workout sounds awesome.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 08-19-22, 11:56 AM  
Vantreesta

https://www.kinetic-revolution.com/3...dc_new_email_2

Karen, I'm not sure if this link takes you to the screen I see if you haven't registered. The challenge is James Dunne on Kinetic Revolution, which I found through his YouTube channel.

I got on the computer to post personals but got sucked down the rabbit hole of YouTube Halloween DIYs and now have to hurry to run before it rains again!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 04:39 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey Jbliff I think that Les Mills Yoga is called Bodyflow. It was great! Yeah I seem to remember some Pilates moves in there too. Best of all, it moved at a reasonable pace.

Resting again today. Gonna walk a couple miles with some runner friends in am who will run and then do a cooldown walk and I will join at that point. My vision is already doing great. I worked a few hours today and could see the computer just fine but still needed readers to see printed documents. And it should keep getting better!

Vannie I will check out that kinetic revolution. I can just imagine the DIY Halloween stuff on the net. You could get lost down that hole indeed!

Waves to Gibbee and Cher.