Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-12-22, 02:39 PM  
ellaenchanted

MBf Chest & Triceps today. Okay, tricep push ups and chest press compund set was a killer. Then followed up by the tricep plan hold and I was DONE. Ithink my muscles are twitching just from the effort of typing this LOL
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 08:03 PM  
edensmom

Yesterday was Plateau Buster back + Shoulders week 3 day 2, and a yoga w/Kassandra back + neck quickie practice. Added on 3 x 15 skullcrushers as I never did get around to working triceps this week. Probably time to quit plan hopping but I get distracted and bored or see moves I don't like in the workout.

Susan, I have trouble doing any cardio at all unless it's my main workout or I do it first. I strongly prefer weights and I always have. Cardio is hard and I tend to prefer a bit more mellow cardio as well.

Speaking of mellow cardio, today was JS Cardio Core Flow (or Core Cardio Flow?)
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 08:41 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I did the third full body workout today. She did 30-second timed sets this time. I think I like the straight 12 reps better. Some of the exercises felt a bit rushed. I finished with Kayleigh Cohen's 15 minute stretch.

Elllaenchanted, I think Improved Health and Lifting With Cee are both like that for me.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 07:25 AM  
ellaenchanted

Yesterday was MBF Glutes & Abs and today will be Back & Biceps. Tomorrow is a rest day so I will probably do some walking cardio.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 10:41 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Red face

Hello, everyone. Week before last I was on vacation, so no workouts.

This past week I did 2 Cee workouts, both full body ones. I really enjoy her lifting style.

I am planning to attend KCM's roadtrip.in October, so will have to start working on my conditioning to handle the two or three live classes. I am so deconditioned, due in large part to my own lackadaisical approach and in part to covid recovery
I do realize that the extreme heat combined with grief leaves me feeling low.
The heat did let up some, so I did get in 4 20 minute walks with a friend laat week.

So my goal this week is at least 2 Cee weight workouts and a box and pump from RAW to start improving things.

Waves to all. Have a fantastic week!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 01:09 PM  
edensmom

Gibbee, the KCM road trip sounds so fun! It's great to have a goal to work toward. I went to visit a friend in Mexico last spring and I was never so disciplined as that month leading up to my trip. I wish i could say something eloquent about grief that would help...My partner was killed in a car crash 7 years ago so believe me when i say I understand how difficult it is. It never gets easier, but you get better at living with it. Hugs to you.

Today was MBF Day 1 (taking a page from ellaenchanted's book ). My body doesn't love close stance squats so I used a book to elevate my heels a bit and held one dumbbell at my chest as that also felt better given the narrow stance. I tried to add on a shoulders +cardio from fitness with PJ but I loathed the cardio moves so that was that.
Old 08-15-22, 09:16 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Edensmom: I am so very sorry for your loss. I remember how my husband struggled after his brother died in a car accident many years ago. He always said it doesn’t get better, but it does get different and you can start to live again even if you don’t want to keep going. After I lost DH, I lost my FIL and then my MIL lost her home to a fire. The upside is in middle of all of that my DD bought a home and got married. So there are always moments to treasure even in the midst of loss. I am close to finalizing my FIL estate and cleaning out and selling his home. I am so ready to be out from under that burden.

I can’t wait to see Kelly again. She is such a fun person. We become friends several years ago.

Check in: Today I did RAW Box & Pump 6. Hope to get in a Cee workout tomorrow.

Waves to all.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 11:48 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I started with a 10-minute warm-up with Caroline Jordan. It consists of dynamic stretches done 30 seconds each. Then, I did the fourth full body workout with Cee. She packed quite a punch in this 28 minute workout. I do have to modify some, particularly any exercises that stress my hip flexors. I ended by stretching with Caroline.

Gibbee, the Kelly roadtrip sounds like lots of fun!

Best wishes, all!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

Old 08-16-22, 07:10 PM  
edensmom

Gibbee, all of that is a lot to go through at once. My daughters and I did grief support groups for maybe 4 years? It helped tremendously.

I managed to get a pretty good sunburn in the region where my low back and hips/butt meet so I skipped yesterday. Today was MBF Week 1 day 2, chest + triceps. Those laying down moves were no fun with my burn but I got it done. Another strange move today, some kind of scoop I wasn't wild about. This is how I end up jumping from series to series.
Old 08-16-22, 08:50 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I did a 39 minute beginner tabata workout from Improved Health.

I hope everyone is having a good week!