Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-24, 10:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Margaret Richard & Friends - 2024

Hi!

Whether you workout w/ Margaret exclusively or just once in awhile - please join us! We do a variety of workouts and instructors.

Newcomers welcome!!

Let's hope for a good 2024 together!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 11:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Here's my last post from the old thread:

[I]Happy New Year!!

Yesterday:

FitbyMik - 30 Min. Dumbbell Sculpt W/O Full Body

Another winner by Mikala. Good stuff. Well so much for an early New Year's Eve. After my friend and I went out to eat we hung at her house for a little bit because it was reallllly early. LOL. Then her bil called and he was at a local pub with his wife and some friends and asked us to go. We were reluctant but told ouselves one drink and out. Long story short I got home at 2 am We did have a good time but I'm dragging today for sure.

DIANE, great workouts and walks. I'm still impressed with your steps. I have a good walking neighborhood too. The whole area I live in is nice for walking.

DONNA & PAT, rest, rest rest. Glad you're on the mend.

Hi BETH!

Have a happy and healthy New Year everyone!!

Oh I'll start a new thread for 2024! See you there!/I]
Old 01-01-24, 11:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy New Year! I'm so relieved to have awakened feeling free of that horrible feeling of swimming head, migrating aches and pains, and a force field pushing me back down in bed. I can handle the phlegmy stuff and the cough isn't too bad.

I plan to do a little puttering, but mostly rest in fresh sheets and flip between the Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy and the Godzilla marathon on TCM. They're airing the kaiju movies in Japanese with English subtitles, the way they should be. The goofy piped in American voices were what brought down the old masterpieces.

Thank you for starting our 2024 check-in Summer Breeze! Good to hear you went out for a little carousing last night.

Waves to all! Wishing health and happiness to you as we embark on the New Year.

🍷
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 12:02 PM  
donnamp

Thank you for starting the new thread, Summer Breeze!!

Pat - I'm glad you are back among the living. I am just dealing with fatigue now and some congestion. I think it is going to take some time for the fatigue to go away. I can do stuff, but I find I need to take more rest breaks. I'm planning on puttering some, on some light house things, watching Twilight Zone and reading. Back to work, tomorrow, unfortunately.

Waves, Diane and Beth

Today I did workout - I did Trifecta Pilates - Base Strength - this was a nice fairly low key workout. It started on the floor w/ a loop band for 2 rounds, then moved to standing with a looped band and weighs for 2 rounds. Finally, a nice stretch. I wasn't sure if I wold make it through the whole thing, but I did ok. I used a light weight and just took my time.

I may walk my dog today but it is the kind of damp cold that is just yuck.
So I may skip the walk. i did walk her yesterday for a bit and she was happy to get out.

Hope everyone has a lovely start to the new year!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 11:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

PAT & DONNA, glad you both are coming back to the land of the living. That fatigue lingered the longest as I remember.

DH used to enjoy that Twilight Zone Marathon each year. There was the Honeymooners and Odd Couple marathons on too. I had my DS and his fiancee over for dinner yesterday so that was a nice start to the New Year.

I hope BETH & DIANE find their way here.
They were still in the 2023 thread so I posted a link for this new one.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-02-24, 01:57 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Today's my last day off, I decided to return to the office tomorrow. I tested positive again last night, and was ready to go buy more test kits but did some research. You can be over the sickness, but the virus can be detected in your nose up to 90 days!

Per CDC, you can stop quarantine after five days so long as you haven't had a fever. Mask is recommended for 11 days unless you're near a vulnerable person then wear a mask or just stay away. I'm "coming out" but will continue wearing a mask in public until this wave of multiple viruses in my community wears itself out.

I couldn't do much, but restarted my yoga sadhana yesterday with a nice yoga nidra practice from Yoga Ranger.

Hope this goes through - VF seems to be wonking again. Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 04:54 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting the new thread! Now I'm off to find egg weights.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 06:27 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm definitely seeing improvement in my COVID recovery. I had an a.m. PCP appointment today so I didn't workout this morning - I could have - but really didn't feel like rushing.

I got a workout in this evening - a blast from the past....

Yoga Booty Ballet Live - Go Go - this is very cheesy but fun. I am just not in the mood for anything serious right now. It is hard to believe that this DVD is almost 20 years old - it came out in 2005. I guess the original YBBs came out in 2004. crazy. Anyway, this one started with some yoga, then some cheesy/fun dance, then some standing ballet, then on to the floor for bridge work and stretching. It was fun and lighthearted and what I needed today. The cardio was just enough to break a light sweat and get the blood flowing again.

I may do another one tomorrow.

I also did manage to get my dog out for a walk - it was chilly but she enjoyed it.

Pat - glad you are doing better, too. I have to get more tests to have on hand just in case. I'm still fatigued and have a bit of congestion, but definitely seeing improvement.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Donna
Old 01-03-24, 08:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

VF loaded for me this morning!

I didn't do anything this morning - I had a home maintenance appointment, and again, didn't feel like rushing. I will try to get something in at lunch today or this evening. For this week anyway, I'm just going with what I feel like doing and will see if I feel like following some sort of "plan" next week.

The whole VF situation is so odd. I can understand if Wendy doesn't want to share anything personal - but maybe a message about the future of the site or a passing of the torch. The silence from Wendy just increases the speculation. Maybe she is afraid people will ask personal questions if she posts? But she can always preface her post with a generic statement about not wanting to discuss anything other than the forum or just ignore the personal questions. The silence just increases the speculation!

Anyway - hope everyone is off to a good start today.

Pat - my co-worker also had COVID over break. Ugh.

Donna
Old 01-03-24, 08:45 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Cold and cloudy today. I’m watching the weather to see if we’re going to get a small or huge snowstorm on Sunday. So far, the weather app is saying “snow showers, less than 1 inch” – I will happily take that!

Last night we did a 31 minute after dinner walk

Steps: 13,178

Today’s workout:
  • Today is a Cyberpump Rest Day so I did Day 7 of XYZ Abs Challenge – very old school
  • My own Outer and Inner Thighs
  • Stretch

I may walk later on.

Beth: It’s always about the nutrition. Only when I really reign in my food do I see a difference. So unfair! How I wish there was a “magical workout”. I have stopped reading or clicking on any articles or videos that state, “the one exercise to lose fat!” We just have to do what makes us feel good!

Summer Breeze: Thank you for starting the new thread!

Thank you – I’m really trying to be consistent. I just love weight training but getting outdoors has been so good for my mental health. It’s so gloomy here in the winter and I’m definitely affected by the weather.

Pat: I’m so glad you’re feeling better but still take it slow. I’m sick, sick, sick of this damn virus!

DH has been watching the kaiju movies! They’re so goofy that they’re entertaining!

Good idea to stay with the mask. I had blood work done last week and I always wear a mask in a medical facility.

Donna: Glad to see you are better as well! I so hate the damp cold and that’s pretty much the weather up here in the winter. Yuck!!!!

Wow – Yoga Booty Ballet – I haven’t thought about those in a long time! It feels good to get the blood flowing after being under the weather. It’s that damn fatigue that gets you every time.

Great to see everyone back! See you all tomorrow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote