Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-14-22, 10:40 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Friday: 45 min walk while reading. Evening: 30 min step while watching Downton Abbey

It's fun hearing about all of your furry workout friends.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-22, 12:24 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up....

Yesterday was:

Burpee Girl - 30 Min Low Impact HIIT workout - this was much like the other workouts I have done w/ Burpee Girl - cardio/bodyweight sculpting.

Today has been:

Ellen - Power & Balance

So far I'm really pleased w/ my Contractor for the bathroom - he tells me when he is coming, if he is going to be late, etc. It is so refreshing. I know to expect him Monday at 10...so that is nice.

I also received a job offer - it is a lateral transfer - doing pretty much what i do now but for another department. I'm on the fence about taking it - I have to think it over some to decide. I don't think it could be worse than where I am and it may possibly be better....the boss seems nice and there is no interest in returning to the office for that group. So, that is good. The only thing that stops me is I do like my current boss, but I sometimes wonder how long she'll be around and then that leaves the possibility open of getting someone really bad....anyway...gotta think it over some this weekend.

We have a wedding to go to this afternoon - I hope the weather holds up. Very humid and threatening rain.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-22, 05:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout on Friday. We had an early dismissal day and I came home and worked on my final report for the DNA class.

Today's workout was

Kelly Coffey-Meyer - 30 MTF - Cardio Quick Fix #1 - 25 minutes

Definitely worked up a sweat with this one!

Donna - Good luck with your job offer decision! I hate making those kinds of decisions that feel pretty evenly balanced. We want to see before and after pictures of the bathroom remodel.

Waves to all!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-22, 09:28 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Amy Schneider (AS) Energizing Yoga Flow Practice 1 - 22min
AS Bonus Core - 10min

Wonderful, energizing flow that moved at a good clip - just the way I like it. Amy gave good instructions and I didn't need to look up at the screen to see what she's doing. Practice 1 is for beginners and it was plenty enough for me at this point. I'll repeat this one several more times this week before I move on to Practice 2. Core was a nice bonus workout that had some planks, side planks and slow bicycles with bent legs as well as straight legs. When I was done, I felt energized and ache - free. It's good to feel good once again!

Donna, good luck with your decision! I too, would love to see pictures of bathroom reno. I need to re-do mine but I dread having strangers in my home and all that comes with it.

Hi to Carol, Linda and Brenda!
Old 05-15-22, 02:24 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm tired today! The wedding was fun - but it started late - so ended late.

All I did today, so far has been - Ellen - Peace, Love & Cardio

Maybe I'll do something else, maybe not.

At the wedding i talked to one of the guests who worked in both departments - the department I"m in now and the one where I have the opportunity to transfer, and she recommended that I transfer - she said it is much less of a headache working there. I'm inclined to take it now. She said less red tape and I'm all about that.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. I'm probably heading back to the couch shortly.

Donna
Old 05-15-22, 05:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Smith - 1 Mile Walk 'n Talk - Let's Move - 15 minutes & 10 Minute Flexibility Training - 13 minutes

I wanted a little bit of a warm up before I stretched, and Jessica's newest Walk 'n Talk was a good warm up. I like this stretch of Jessica's too - I need to do it more often, like every day these days. It's the one that is filmed on the set of her first Walk Strong set.

On Instagram yesterday Jessica said that she's hoping her newest set will be out by the end of this coming week. Woo hoo!

Donna - gosh, that's encouraging news about the new job possibility! I think I would do it!

Dana - Glad you are feeling better!

Waves to Brenda and Linda!

Carol
Old 05-15-22, 06:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I love that energized feeling after exercising! WOOT!

Donna that job transfer sounds promising!

Carol thanks for the Jessica news!

Been busy gardening and also our bathroom freshen up. We made slow progress on resurfacing and repainting my husband's vanity. It turned out great so far. Still need to decide what hardware to use. I wish ours would only take two weeks, lol.

Catching up on workouts:

F…Pure Strength Chest and Triceps, kettlebells, Stott 22 min mat workout
S …Element target toning for beginners Total body 21; Winsor Bun and thigh; CS #918 hip strengthening

S … Cardio Hits: Power max; Tamilee Beginner stretch for flexibility

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My motivation is really lagging...I'm not sure why! But, this morning I did:

Ellen - Align and Shine which is her new workout for this month. 20 min - stretch/bodyweight strength - soothing, but like most of Ellen's workouts it ends up being a little sneaky as you do feel pleasantly worked at the end.

I am going to aim to get something else in later today.

I am feeling more like I should take this job - I have been in my current department for 4 years and I have been trying to get out for about that long. I think people tend to want to stay in their comfort zone, even if it is not always the best place for them. I do like my current boss, but in thinking about the workload and demands, etc. I do want to have a better work-life balance. And, while I don't expect this other job to be easy, I think there will be less "red tape" to get stuff done and I think it will be a more balanced workload. I have been putting in so many extra hours it is ridiculous, working a day shift and then a 2nd shift until 9 or 10 p.m. I don't think that is sustainable and is probably the cause of a lot of my lack of motivation and burn out. Having to work like that consistently is really indicative that something is wrong, yet in my current department that type of extra work is looked upon as a positive thing...which tells you something about the culture.

Anyway - a rant for a Monday!

Still pleased w/ my contractor, called me to let me know what was happening today and when. It is so refreshing, we used another contractor years ago who did excellent work but you never knew when he was coming, if he was coming, etc. It was frustrating and only manageable b/c most of what he was doing for us did not involve him coming in the house (he was building a sunroom).

Take care!

Donna
Old 05-16-22, 01:54 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Sunday: step while watching Downton Abbey
Monday: 30 min. walk while reading

Donna, sounds like a good potential option! I look forward to see what you decide.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 06:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Kelly Coffey-Meyer - 30 MTF - Sculpting Rx Workout 2 - 30 minutes

This was a challenging-to-me cardio sculpt workout with lots of compound moves in the first 20 minutes or so. The last 10 minutes was tough floor work for the chest and abs, with no weights. I used 2 lb weights on the standing portion, KCM used 5 lbs. I had never done this one before.

Brenda - I really need to watch Downton Abbey.

Donna - You have been working too much! They owe you overtime...

Linda - Nice workouts ~

Carol