Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-24-22, 04:37 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question HASfit - Why don't I enjoy their workouts?

Over the years, I've tried quite a few HASfit workouts. They have all kinds of FREE workouts. Both of the instructors are pleasant and personable. They give good form pointers.

I rarely finish their workouts. For me HASfit is a Joni O every time. I feel like they tend to choose all the exercises I don't like. Just this week, I previewed two of their band workouts and thought, "Not for me."

Really, I'm confused.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 04:48 PM  
sherry7899

I tried one and just thought it was boring. I do not think of weight work as exciting, but the workout just dragged. Plus I hated the music. I have nothing against the instructors. I just have no desire to try any more.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 07:13 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I just quickly looked at a couple. No music at all?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 08:52 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I could swear the one I did had music, but I could be thinking of another workout. Oops!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 10:42 PM  
Leonana

I did a couple of their beginner strength workouts and I liked them. Well, not enough to do their workouts consistently, but for a change now and then. But I like Jessica Smith strength workouts too, and not everyone likes them either.

They are such a sweet personable couple. I follow their FB page and they seem to have a large following, and I’m happy for their success.
Old 03-25-22, 02:41 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
The two I checked just now had music. One was from 2017 and the other was the senior workout that came out recently.

It looks like their newer ones have an all white background, which I do not like.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-22, 08:59 PM  
Hsim

I actually like their mobility and stretch workouts quite a bit and have a bunch bookmarked. I also like their other workouts but only tend to use them when I don't see anything in my collection that I want to do.
I generally like to work from my DVDs because they are a known quantity, I have done all the workouts so I know what to expect. I tend to not enjoy searching through Youtube to find something but with Hasfit I know their workouts will be pretty decent.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 03:13 PM  
wendug

I've done a few of their workouts over the years. Nothing very memorable- not bad, but not exceptional, either. Some instructors you just don't click with and there's nothing wrong with that. Luckily there are lots of instructors putting out free content on YouTube.
Old 03-26-22, 04:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Yes, what Wendy said. I think sometimes instructors rub me the wrong way as too scripted, too teacher-y, too something! It's just my own quirk (for example, I never warmed to Cathe even though people love her). Yesterday I tried this routine with AngieFitnessTV. The workout itself was fine, but I just didn't really click with her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah4xKvxYMrg&t=2418s

I have used HasFIT a few times; I like the routines okay, but something about their personalities just doesn't draw me to do their routines very often.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 05:21 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Yes, what Wendy said. I think sometimes instructors rub me the wrong way as too scripted, too teacher-y, too something! It's just my own quirk (for example, I never warmed to Cathe even though people love her). Yesterday I tried this routine with AngieFitnessTV. The workout itself was fine, but I just didn't really click with her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah4xKvxYMrg&t=2418s

I have used HasFIT a few times; I like the routines okay, but something about their personalities just doesn't draw me to do their routines very often.
Yep. I've never warmed to Cathe, either, and I know she's a favorite instructor of many! Thank goodness we have many instructors and workout types to choose from!

Tags
hasfit