Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-09-21, 04:44 PM  
gladgirl

I have been sick, so no workouts for me. No work, either.
I have a really bad cold, but it's affecting my eyes so they actually hurt.
No tv. no reading....but I am getting my rest.

Can't wait for this to pass, so I can get back to it.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 08:57 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post

Sorry you aren't feeling well. It is so weird that you commented on your eyes hurting because I had a cold a month or so ago and my eyes HURT. I have never experienced that before and it was weird. It even prompted me to buy vitamins for eye health. Luckily I got over it in a few days but it was the strangest cold I ever had. Hope it passes for you soon!
Old 11-10-21, 08:15 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 11-10-21, 11:11 AM  
Karla25

Today was going to be Cardio Sculpt Fusion. I didn't want to spend a lot of time working out today as I need to pressure wash my driveway and have a bunch of other chores to do.

I opted for the 25 minute express version. However, I got frustrated because the cuing was off. I stopped after 8 minutes and put in an Unplugged Margaret Richard, and followed that with some quick Yoga Burn stretching.

The Cardio Sculpt Fusion workout was disappointing, especially since it was a new purchase.
Old 11-10-21, 06:12 PM  
wendug

The Firm- Tough Cardio Mix

This is my most used Firm workout. I had it on VHS initially and now on DVD. Sure it is kinda cheesy, but it makes me smile whenever I do the workout. Also, I think they did a great job of putting this parts workout together. All of the step sections are together so you don't have to put the step away and pull it back out again multiple times.
Old 11-10-21, 06:19 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
The Firm- Tough Cardio Mix

This is my most used Firm workout. I had it on VHS initially and now on DVD. Sure it is kinda cheesy, but it makes me smile whenever I do the workout. Also, I think they did a great job of putting this parts workout together. All of the step sections are together so you don't have to put the step away and pull it back out again multiple times.
I agree! Tough Cardio mix is nicely put together, and it is a fun cardio routine. I don’t think it’s cheesy at all.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 06:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I spent the last couple of days doing yard work, and had gone on a long hike on Monday. So, picked up again with PowerFit, though this week from the Harmony set. Today I did Sculpt-Strong Pull, and enjoyed it! It was just as good as some of the other strength workouts from the original set, I thought. I generally like to add a walk with these also, but did plenty outdoors the last few days.

gladgirl, so sorry you've been sick. I was sick in September, and then again in October with terrible colds...one right on top of the other. I hope you feel better soon, and it's good you're resting well!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 12:38 AM  
Venus

Today's workout:

The Firm: Tight Buns & Killer Legs with Kelsie Daniels

Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Chronic Pain 25 min

Yoga with Adriene: 7 Minute Yoga Boost

gladgirl, I hope you're feeling better soon!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 12:00 PM  
Karla25

Today was TheFIRMBasics: Abs, Buns and Thighs. I've had this one for years and haven't done it for at least 5 of those years. So thought it needed some dusting off. I will do it again on those days when I want some cardio and light toning

It's a 45 minute beginner workout. Good for those wanting a gentle workout. There are no tall box climbs. The most difficult exercise is hover-squats. The cardio is basic, with no high impact moves, and can be safely done with bare feet. A dowel is used throughout the workout. Stacey Milner-Collins did an outstanding job as lead instructor.
Old 11-11-21, 01:30 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Sorry you aren't feeling well. It is so weird that you commented on your eyes hurting because I had a cold a month or so ago and my eyes HURT. I have never experienced that before and it was weird. It even prompted me to buy vitamins for eye health. Luckily I got over it in a few days but it was the strangest cold I ever had. Hope it passes for you soon!
Thank you, Wendy. Wow...I thought it was the strangest thing with the eyes hurting. I do have some early eye issues and am on eye supplements. This goes down in my book as the strangest cold ever, too.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm