Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-21, 05:35 PM  
gladgirl

[QUOTE=kat999;2948909]I've been feeling kind of drained and exhausted lately, so today I pulled out FIRM Basics Abs, Buns, & Thighs (the red tape with Stacy MC). This is probably my favorite of the Basics. I actually burned well over 200 calories and felt really rejuvenated. I have been doing that tape since it came out (and yes, still on VHS!), and I have basically all the music and cues memorized. I like that this one has lots of familiar faces as backgrounders: Jen Carman, Allie, Tina, and Christa. Great light workout that you can make harder just by increasing your weight sizes. [/QUOTE

Hope you regain some energy.
This is one of my all time favorite ones. Don't have it memorized like you, but I do think this is a great workout.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 02:59 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Hope you regain some energy.
This is one of my all time favorite ones. Don't have it memorized like you, but I do think this is a great workout.
Yes, feeling much better today! It's such a nice one, good length, good mild-to-moderate intensity, just lovely.

Today I did a four-mile Leslie Sansone while listening to an audiobook.
Old 12-07-21, 06:11 PM  
Karla25

Tonight was Defining Shape w/Tracie Long. I did most of the 2 premixes for about a 30-minute workout. The times of the 2 workouts are reversed. Also, there's no warmup or stretch. The same leg lift series is included in both premixes, so I skipped it the second time.

**Note to self: abstain from liquids for about an hour or so before the Hour Glass workout.**

Overall, I liked the workouts. I love balance work and these had some good balance moves
Old 12-08-21, 06:21 PM  
Karla25

Janet Brooks leads in TheFIRM Fast & Firm Series Upper Body Sculpt. This is a 35-minute workout with some fun and unique moves. The time went quickly. My triceps are feeling the love
Old 12-09-21, 01:14 AM  
Venus

I took a rest day on Monday, but my workout for Wednesday was The Firm: Target Toning Zero-in-Ten with Rebekah Sturkie and Emily Welsh. I think I did this too soon after eating; I waited a couple hours but probably should have waited a bit more. My heart rate got really high and I felt a little nauseous after the first section with plyo moves. I took a little break after the first section, then took it easy and skipped the jumping for the rest of the workout. They did build the moves, so I stuck with the lower impact option when they jumped.

It is similar to the 10 Minute Solution DVDs; each 10-minute workout has a few warm-up moves and a few brief cool-down stretches. You can also customize your workout and choose the section(s) you want in the order you want. It might be nice to do the two lower body sections or the cardio, upper body, and core together. They would be good for add-ons, but I think I would prefer to do the entire workout and just program the workouts in a different order than the default.

I did this yoga practice after:
Yoga with Adriene: Gentle, Relaxing, Cozy Flow 21 min
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 11:16 PM  
Venus

I did The Firm: Cardio Party today. I enjoyed it! It was fun and all the instructors seemed laid back and supportive in this one. The 40 minutes went by quickly with the instructors switching out every 8 minutes.

I did yoga after. I started a new challenge called Yoga Strong and today was Day 1. I also did my usual Yoga with Adriene practice. I'll link them in case anyone is interested

Yoga Strong 10-Day Challenge
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Digestion - Holiday Meal Digestion 17 min
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 04:45 PM  
Karla25

Today was hi-def sculpt with Annie as lead. I chose the 25-minute express option. I pressed play, blinked my eyes and the workout was over. Time flew I liked the triceps + ab crunch.
Old 12-11-21, 04:51 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I took a rest day on Monday, but my workout for Wednesday was The Firm: Target Toning Zero-in-Ten with Rebekah Sturkie and Emily Welsh. I think I did this too soon after eating; I waited a couple hours but probably should have waited a bit more. My heart rate got really high and I felt a little nauseous after the first section with plyo moves.[/URL]
I also have to be careful about eating and drinking before a workout. I think that's one reason (amongst many) I liked Margaret Richard workouts. I could eat/drink something fairly close to doing her workouts that didn't have push-ups.
Old 12-13-21, 06:12 PM  
Karla25

Tonight's workout was from one of the cross-trainer series. FIRM Cardio was led by Heidi Tanner. It has some challenging tall-box work and a nice ab section.

Whilst I've tried to do a different FIRM workout and not repeat during this check-in, The Classics and Cross-Trainers will always be my favorites. I enjoy the challenge, but nothing is hectic, nor are there any crazy moves. They're safe and effective workouts which are easily followed.

I'm now off to do Lotus Pose Padmasana with Erich Schiffmann. I find his yoga workouts very relaxing.
Old 12-19-21, 06:19 PM  
wendug

On YT today I found that Mystique Mylene has uploaded a lot of Firm workouts to her channel- Tough Tape, Better Body & Buns, and Tough Aerobic Mix to name a few. I was going to do one of them today, but I just wasn't up for tall box climbs today. Maybe later this week.

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm