Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-21, 11:58 AM  
kat999

Happy Thanksgiving! This morning I did the 25-minute express version of Skills, Drills, and Thrills, with the new balance disc that I just got. Goodness, that makes it so much harder! I'm glad I didn't try it with the full version!
Old 11-25-21, 06:05 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I agree- Fat Blaster IS fun! I've only owned it a couple of years and I wondered why I didn't get it sooner.

Good on you getting in a workout today. I did walk my dogs and raked leaves for about an hour, so that was my exercise for the day.

Regarding indulging in fattening foods, I made snickerdoodles today with mashed sweet potato in them. They are delicious, and since they have sweet potato in them, that means they are healthy, right? LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Absolutely! Sounds very healthy to me My only exercise today (for which I am thankful, laziness can be highly rewarding) was that I took my dogs for a walk after their Thanksgiving meal -which was just some tiny bites of human food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I didn't do a Firm workout on Monday, since I had some neck and shoulder pain. I did yoga only.

Wednesday was:
The Firm: Hi-Def Sculpt with Annie Lee
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Chefs 18 min
Jen Hilman: Yoga with a Foam Roller 26 min
Jen Hilman: Yoga for neck, shoulders, and upper back 12 min
Jen Hilman: Meditation and Breathing Exercises with Essential Oils 13 min

This was my first time trying Hi-Def Sculpt. I went a little too light with my weights so I'll have to try it with heavier weights. I liked the brief stretches after each set of exercises. Annie does hamstring curls lying face down with a weight between the feet; I found the move a little awkward. I was sure the weight would fall, but it stayed put. Also, the description on the CardioWeight System case says the workout is 55 minutes, but it's 46 minutes. I know it's only a 9 minute difference, but I almost did the express version instead

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
I would be concerned about putting a weight between my feet to do hamstring curls. Matter of fact; since I'm such a klutz, I would probably chicken-out and use no weights or maybe (if I was feeling ambitious) ankle weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving! This morning I did the 25-minute express version of Skills, Drills, and Thills, with the new balance disc that I just got. Goodness, that makes it so much harder! I'm glad I didn't try it with the full version!
It also works better for me if I ease into things. I had to learn that lesson (ouch) the hard way!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone I'm looking forward to checking-in with you tomorrow
Old 11-26-21, 01:47 AM  
fatkat555

Ok, technically not Firm, but still Anna Benson workout… I did Original FitPrime From the Ground Up with Heidi Tanner! I had forgotten how much I liked this one - lots of balance work and back work.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 01:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sorry, I've had a death in the family and have had to bow out of the Firm rotation. I'll get back to it at some point, but Lee Holden is calling my name now.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 03:05 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Sorry, I've had a death in the family and have had to bow out of the Firm rotation. I'll get back to it at some point, but Lee Holden is calling my name now.
Sorry for your loss and I’ll pray for you and your family!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 03:36 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Pam, I'm sorry for your loss Thank you for joining us most of the month!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 06:24 PM  
wendug

Pam- I'm sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your insight on the Firm this past month.

Today I did Complete Aerobics and Weight Training with Emily. This clocks in at just over 60 minutes, but since I didn't work out yesterday I had the energy to do this workout and go heavy on the weight sections. This is a BSS2 workout with the stick, but I just use dumbbells throughout. Emily isn't usually my fave instructor, but she does a good job leading this one.
Old 11-26-21, 06:54 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Pam,
I'm sorry for your loss. We will miss you!
Old 11-26-21, 07:02 PM  
Karla25

Today was Sculpt-ilates with Robyn Johnson as lead. Robyn did a great job as lead. I thoroughly enjoyed this unique and fun workout.

This workout does a great job working balance and flexibility. There's a bit of strength training with the band, but this is one I will use when I just want to have a fun workout
Old 11-26-21, 11:56 PM  
Venus

Today was Cardio Overdrive with Alison Davis. This was my first time trying this workout and it was fun! I used 5 lb. weights for the strength portions. There were a couple cardio moves I didn't quite get (my arms and legs would not coordinate ). I thought the final section before the cool-down was relaxing and kind of had a barre/fusion feel.

I did these after:

FitnessBlender: The Most Effective Squat Challenge 100 Reps 8 min

Jen Hilman: Yoga for Your Butt and Thighs 19 min

Yoga with Adriene: Wind Down Yoga 12 min Bedtime Yoga
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm