Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-21, 05:53 PM  
Karla25

Today was the "Isn't this Better than Dieting?" workout.

Since I haven't done Vol. 1 in a very long time, I made the decision that yes, I really do want to be able to walk tomorrow, and ditched the ankle weights. However, I used a 5lb. dumbell for the outer/inner thigh portion.

Was pleased that I could do all the push-ups from my toes My shoulder is much better and I will be patting myself on the back for awhile.
Old 11-23-21, 06:17 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post

Since I haven't done Vol. 1 in a very long time, I made the decision that yes, I really do want to be able to walk tomorrow, and ditched the ankle weights. However, I used a 5lb. dumbell for the outer/inner thigh portion.

Was pleased that I could do all the push-ups from my toes My shoulder is much better and I will be patting myself on the back for awhile.
It has been YEARS since I've done Vol. 1. To be honest, I just can't get into the classics. But good on you for doing all the push-ups from your toes! Woo hoo!
Old 11-23-21, 06:23 PM  
wendug

Today I brought out the wave and did Speed Slimming Sculpt and Express Abs. I really enjoyed both of the workouts. And, wow, do I really feel my inner thighs using the wave! I definitely feel my core being worked, too, but it's the inner thighs that stands out as being worked in a new way.

And Allie looks really gorgeous in Speed Slimming Sculpt. I think she is wearing false eyelashes, but they look AMAZING on her!
Old 11-24-21, 11:11 AM  
gladgirl

Been sticking to the Classics and early FIRMS.
Hoping to try a pink one here and there, but prefer the Classics.
Time has been a factor for me as of late and shorter is nicer.

Well, no more workouts on the horizon till Sat...due to work, laundry and tons of cooking.

Wanting to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 01:18 PM  
kat999

Today I did two workouts from FIRM Express: Cycle 1's Cardio+Sculpt and Sculpt, both with Emily. I skipped the cooldown on the first one and proceeded to the second, and did the cooldown for that one. It's been a minute since I've done Express, even though I used to do 1-3 workouts from it every week. The length and adaptability of this set lends itself to a lot of modification, which I like.
Old 11-24-21, 06:27 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Been sticking to the Classics and early FIRMS.
Hoping to try a pink one here and there, but prefer the Classics.
Time has been a factor for me as of late and shorter is nicer.

Well, no more workouts on the horizon till Sat...due to work, laundry and tons of cooking.

Wanting to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Old 11-24-21, 06:33 PM  
Karla25

After indulging myself in some of my favorite fattening foods, and knowing what the days ahead are bringing, I decided on Total Body Fat Blaster 'cause I'm going to need some!

If you like Tough Cardio Mix you will probably like Fat Blaster since it has a lot of the same cardio routines. The ab work in Fat Blaster is fun, and the ending stretch is very nice.
Old 11-24-21, 08:38 PM  
wendug

Quote:
After indulging myself in some of my favorite fattening foods, and knowing what the days ahead are bringing, I decided on Total Body Fat Blaster 'cause I'm going to need some!

If you like Tough Cardio Mix you will probably like Fat Blaster since it has a lot of the same cardio routines. The ab work in Fat Blaster is fun, and the ending stretch is very nice.
I agree- Fat Blaster IS fun! I've only owned it a couple of years and I wondered why I didn't get it sooner.

Good on you getting in a workout today. I did walk my dogs and raked leaves for about an hour, so that was my exercise for the day.

Regarding indulging in fattening foods, I made snickerdoodles today with mashed sweet potato in them. They are delicious, and since they have sweet potato in them, that means they are healthy, right? LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-21, 12:34 AM  
Venus

I didn't do a Firm workout on Monday, since I had some neck and shoulder pain. I did yoga only.

Wednesday was:
The Firm: Hi-Def Sculpt with Annie Lee
Yoga with Adriene: Yoga for Chefs 18 min
Jen Hilman: Yoga with a Foam Roller 26 min
Jen Hilman: Yoga for neck, shoulders, and upper back 12 min
Jen Hilman: Meditation and Breathing Exercises with Essential Oils 13 min

This was my first time trying Hi-Def Sculpt. I went a little too light with my weights so I'll have to try it with heavier weights. I liked the brief stretches after each set of exercises. Annie does hamstring curls lying face down with a weight between the feet; I found the move a little awkward. I was sure the weight would fall, but it stayed put. Also, the description on the CardioWeight System case says the workout is 55 minutes, but it's 46 minutes. I know it's only a 9 minute difference, but I almost did the express version instead

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 12:41 AM  
Venus

Quote:

The wanting to walk the next day made me laugh

Great job on the push-ups!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm