Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-21-21, 12:16 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Let's see...I've been to a number of get-togethers, hosted 2 at my house. Both times, a lurker who'd never posted on VF showed up; one was a local mom whose daughter went to the same school as my kids. I went on 2 Christi Taylor filming trips and it was so cool to see how her videos were made. Firmdancer and I went to a couple of CF workouts together and I went to a spinning class taught by Aline, who I don't think comes here anymore. Been to DCAC several times with Wendy and other VFers and met Cathe, Keli Roberts, Mindy Mylrea and others; they were all wonderful. I'm probably forgetting a lot of things but I'm made so many memories with VF over the years. Thank you Wendy for starting and keeping it going!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 10:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sue - The get-togethers at your house were fun. You went to a lot of different places and met many VFers!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-21, 09:45 AM  
TonyaK

In 2014, six of us met up in Loveland, Colorado to spend the day doing yoga with Travis Eliot. It was so fun to meet VFers! I don't have the messages anymore, and I can't remember anyone's name, but it was a great day. I think it was the first time I had spent that much time away from my kids since my second baby was born, so it was extra wonderful!

I have met Pratima and her family and they are wonderful! We have been in a check-in together for ~11 years, so it felt like I already knew her.
TonyaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-21, 10:15 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

As mentioned further up this thread, I’ve met Gale K, bzar & JackieB in person. I’ve also met Pat58, toaster, Cyana, Paine, & JustSandra virtually when we had a check in video chat last year. It’s been fun to connect with vfers, we come from all far and wide and from walks of life, but we “get” each other’s love of working out at home.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-21, 08:33 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

So, this is waaaay back in maybe 1997 or 1998 in Boston. We had a get-together at Jeanne Loo’s apartment in the Back Bay and I got to meet her, Katie F., Leela, Denise B., and Michelle Spina. Any other old timers remember those names? We had so much fun watching videos together. I remember Jeanne had a fabulous workout room in her apartment. I saw her and Katie F. a few more times after that. It was such a joy to talk unselfconsciously together about our shared passion.
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-21, 09:04 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah O. View Post
So, this is waaaay back in maybe 1997 or 1998 in Boston. We had a get-together at Jeanne Loo’s apartment in the Back Bay and I got to meet her, Katie F., Leela, Denise B., and Michelle Spina. Any other old timers remember those names? We had so much fun watching videos together. I remember Jeanne had a fabulous workout room in her apartment. I saw her and Katie F. a few more times after that. It was such a joy to talk unselfconsciously together about our shared passion.
I remember those names and I'm friends with Michelle on Facebook.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-21, 09:20 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I remember those names and I'm friends with Michelle on Facebook.
Oh, it makes me so happy that you remember those names, especially Jeanne and Katie. They left VF so long ago but they were really special people. Also, they got me to try my first Firm when I was still afraid of working out with weights. ��
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 09:38 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I met Cleda for lunch a few times. She is so easy to talk to.
Sherry: You are too kind!!! We probably should meet again for lunch!

I have met many, many VF'ers over the years. From CIA conferences, Christi filming, Cathe road trips, Cape Cod conventions, FIRM get togethers, cycling events, to meeting up in Alaska during a cruise - when we landed in Fairbanks! I'm sure there's other gatherings too. FARRRRR too many people to mention.

Many of the people I have met have become my closest friends. I talk to them on a daily basis via chat or text or facebook.

As a matter-of-fact - I just met 2 VFers for dinner last week!
Yep - we're a great community!!!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 02:49 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Our morning madness checkin met all at one time years ago in Pennsylvania. We’ve recently hooked up again through Facebook and started up our checkin again that way.

It’s wonderful having connections like these ….. I am so thankful to Jennifer for having brought us back together again.

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 12:58 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Let's see...I've been to a number of get-togethers, hosted 2 at my house. Both times, a lurker who'd never posted on VF showed up; one was a local mom whose daughter went to the same school as my kids. I went on 2 Christi Taylor filming trips and it was so cool to see how her videos were made. Firmdancer and I went to a couple of CF workouts together and I went to a spinning class taught by Aline, who I don't think comes here anymore. Been to DCAC several times with Wendy and other VFers and met Cathe, Keli Roberts, Mindy Mylrea and others; they were all wonderful. I'm probably forgetting a lot of things but I'm made so many memories with VF over the years. Thank you Wendy for starting and keeping it going!
Sue, I remember meeting you at lunch (I think we sat next to each other), at DCAC, nearly 20 years ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
Sherry: You are too kind!!! We probably should meet again for lunch!

I have met many, many VF'ers over the years. From CIA conferences, Christi filming, Cathe road trips, Cape Cod conventions, FIRM get togethers, cycling events, to meeting up in Alaska during a cruise - when we landed in Fairbanks! I'm sure there's other gatherings too. FARRRRR too many people to mention.

Many of the people I have met have become my closest friends. I talk to them on a daily basis via chat or text or facebook.

As a matter-of-fact - I just met 2 VFers for dinner last week!
Yep - we're a great community!!!

Cleda
Cleda, we had fun at CIA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri1222 View Post
Our morning madness checkin met all at one time years ago in Pennsylvania. We’ve recently hooked up again through Facebook and started up our checkin again that way.

It’s wonderful having connections like these ….. I am so thankful to Jennifer for having brought us back together again.

Terri
Terri, I hope we’ll meet again one day. It was great hanging out with you at all the NYC get-togethers, and having you attend my concert (I saved your kind review).
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf get-together, vf love