Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-10-21, 07:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Blast from the past - very first share the wealth

as Unofficial Chief Research Director of VF, i stumbled across this "Share the Wealth" (STW) which appears to be the very first STW from 2004, started by our beloved Joanna:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=42532

....or maybe the first STW was titled "SASE"?

what's also cool is that many of the posters on that thread are still VF supporters.

enjoy!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 07:55 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I hope Joanna is doing well these days. I remember she was going through a very difficult time many years ago, and I have not heard from her here since. She was a great contributor to VF and added a lot to this community.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 08:41 PM  
fanofladyvols

That was fun! Thanks

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 10:44 PM  
SEV

Thanks for posting! I love looking back. Wow 2004, I was at my peak physically, but looking back, I should have requested one of the yoga tapes.
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 10:47 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I was wondering when share the wealth got started, thanks for the research!
Old 07-10-21, 11:34 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
I hope Joanna is doing well these days. I remember she was going through a very difficult time many years ago, and I have not heard from her here since. She was a great contributor to VF and added a lot to this community.
Was she the person that taught French in Canada or somewhere? Didn't she get married and then later she was pregnant and then I think after that kind of stopped posting? I had always assumed it was happy/busy life stuff that kept her from remaining an active member. I'm sad if it was life difficulties instead.

Wherever she is now, like you, I also hope Joanna is doing well.

Speaking of members who are no longer active, I miss paideiamom and her sense of humor. It always struck my funny bone just right. I may have been a lurker back then. Not sure.

ETA: I just realized after the fact that I could have garnered all that info about Joanna from her profile--but I swear it was from memory. Some people you just remember.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 08:00 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
as Unofficial Chief Research Director of VF, i stumbled across this "Share the Wealth" (STW) which appears to be the very first STW from 2004, started by our beloved Joanna:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=42532

....or maybe the first STW was titled "SASE"?

what's also cool is that many of the posters on that thread are still VF supporters.

enjoy!
I’m going to post a dvd with no strings attached in honor of Joanna :-)
Old 07-11-21, 09:49 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Was she the person that taught French in Canada or somewhere? Didn't she get married and then later she was pregnant and then I think after that kind of stopped posting? I had always assumed it was happy/busy life stuff that kept her from remaining an active member. I'm sad if it was life difficulties instead.
Yes, she was a teacher in Canada, and close to my age. I remember that her husband became very ill not long after their child was born and passed away. So understandably VF was insignificant with everything she was dealing with. I just hope she has found happiness and is doing well. She seemed like such a generous and sweet person.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 12:08 PM  
jusca

awesome history lesson!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 12:11 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Yes, she was a teacher in Canada, and close to my age. I remember that her husband became very ill not long after their child was born and passed away. So understandably VF was insignificant with everything she was dealing with. I just hope she has found happiness and is doing well. She seemed like such a generous and sweet person.
Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear about her husband (even though it's probably now long after the fact). I truly wish her the best.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
share the wealth, vf history