Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-03-20, 06:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello Secret Santa!

I have gotten into downloads as shipping to Canada can be pricey. But I’m open to dvds too and used is great. Here is my list & please don’t feel like you have to spend a lot of $ on me. I’m grateful to participate in the exchange again this year!

Download or dvd:
Barlates:
~Barre Ball Blast
~Fit Ball Series
~Ball & Loop Series

Download only:
Jessica Smith:
~Yoga Fusion Fix

DVDs:
~Body Groove HIIT set - only if you can find a deal on it used as I know it is pricey. Again, please don’t feel you need to spend a lot of $ on me!

Other things I like.....

~I walk outside all winter weather permitting so I love colourful scarves, headbands, gloves, and cosy socks for hiking (I am a size 7.5 shoe).
~Cute baseball caps
~Journal, I’ve kept a daily workout journal for about 15 years
~love all things lavender
~handmade artisan soap bars
ETA I love Penzey’s spices too

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 07:48 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Space Saver Santa list

I'm excited to be participating after skipping Christmas the past couple of years.

A bit about me. I'm a mail lady, BUT for the past couple of months and for the next 3 months (hopefully not more) I'm on a "detail" which means indoors, and living in a hotel. I've re-acquired the Firm cardio weight set because of the portability and I need workouts that are short and don't require much space or much equipment. I work pretty long days at the moment and it's only going to get worse as we move into the holiday season.

So wish list...

I love anything with penguins, Wonder Woman or Cinderella.
Dark chocolate (just no raspberry please)
Peppermint bark

Cheap reading glasses from the Dollar Tree in strength 1.5 You can't have to many of these. I have them everywhere and take them everywhere so the more the better. 😁 And they're only $1

Hungry Girl cookbooks. I have the fall 2020 magazine and really like it so if you can find any of the cookbooks at thriftbooks.com or something, I'd love it.

A sleep mask. (Living in a hotel)

Lavender scented anything. Room spray, lotion, whatever.

Workouts- please feel free to surprise me.
Digital is great, I have a purple player account.
DVDs are good too. I travel with my laptop and my hotel room has a DVD player. I love step but really don't have space but something that uses my mini step is great. One that I have and like is Jessica Smith's step and stride.

Firm parts workouts like 5 day abs, 5 day stretch, etc.
Firm 10 in 10
Cathe Perfect Flow
Month of Bulldog Yoga online

I've owned so many over the years and have no idea what's currently out there but I'm in a nostalgic stage. My #1 go to is Firm Volume 4, if that helps. I used to teach PiYo. I like some barre workouts and Callanetics. I enjoy yoga. As with all, shorter workouts are going to get the most use (like 20-30 minutes) longer workouts are fine but I'm afraid I just won't make myself so them after a 10+ hr day.

My Moms know me well... Cheryl, Leslie, CheriMac, Maria, Leela, Elyse, Beth... I'll find their VF names and update. We've been friends for going on 2 decades and my kids even know them as "the Moms"

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 08:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I am excited to participate in this exchange again this year. I’m sorry if I’m a hard person. I tend to just do YouTube videos these days and don’t do DVDs much. I also get outside for walks in the neighborhood. I’ll try to give some ideas. The good news is that I don’t even have to get DVDs and be happy. Please minimize what you spend – used DVDs, and other ideas below.

OK. A little about me. My husband and I moved to the Raleigh, NC area from the Maryland suburbs of DC 3 years ago when my husband retired from the federal government. It hasn’t been the best retirement because he has had all kinds of health issues since we moved here. Before the pandemic, we didn’t do much outside of the house, so it hasn’t been as big of a change for us as a lot of people. I do a little bit of work these days; I train people on software programs, mainly Excel, via Zoom. My career was in training and development, so it’s an easy thing for me to do.

My husband has many allergies and is very sensitive to smells, even if he’s not allergic to them. So, I don’t wear anything with scents. We have no candles sitting around, etc. So, scents are bad in my house.

OK. So here are ideas and wishes:

Fitness stuff

Like I said, I don’t do DVDs much these days, but when I do, they are often by Kelly Coffey Meyers. A couple that I don’t have are:

30 Minutes to Fitness One on One Cardio Sculpt Overload
30 Minutes to Fitness Strong and Lean

I love band workouts. I’ve had most of the DVDs out there that are at my fitness level. I wouldn’t mind a book with band moves/workouts that I can do while watching TV with DH. Below is one. If you know of any, I’d be happy to try them. I’m not fixed on the book below:

Resistance Band Workbook: Illustrated Step-by-Step Guide to Stretching, Strengthening and Rehabilitative Techniques

Links to YouTube band workouts. I am an intermediate exerciser although I’m really good at modifying workouts, so more advanced workouts could be good for me. I prefer standing workouts.

I could use a new band. I’ve had the one I’ve had for a long time. I use tubing with handles due to arthritic hands. I have trouble grasping the ends of flat bands for a long time. I like medium resistance, maybe light. I’d have trouble with heavy resistance.

This year, I have been playing with intermittent fasting. The best book I have read is the one below. I got it from the library and I have it on a wish list to get at some point for my own copy.

Fast. Feast. Repeat.: The Comprehensive Guide to Delay, Don't Deny® Intermittent Fasting--Including the 28-Day FAST Start

Other stuff

I love chocolate. I’ve love some chocolate of any kind. Dark and white are my favorites, but I’m not really picky about chocolate. Ha! As long as it doesn’t have coconut in it.

If you are a cook and have favorite recipes, I’d love some. I have a bunch of kitchen toys I use – crockpots and an Instant Pot. I’d especially enjoy any Instant Pot recipes (if you use one, of course).

I am a paper crafter and spend a lot of time doing creative journaling and making my own cards. I send out a lot of notes to people, so this is a natural thing for me. Anyway, I would love to get some things I could for this. And, you very well might already have stuff in your house. Some things I could use include:

Napkins – Do you have any leftover napkins with pictures or patterns on them, the fancy kind people get for holiday meals or parties? I’d love to get some, even if it’s only 1 or 2 of one. I can usually make four cards or journal entries with one napkin.

Buttons – Have you saved every extra button you’ve ever seen? I could use some of those. The size or shape doesn’t matter.

Maps – Do you have any old maps you don’t use any more? I could cut them up and use them.

Notepaper – Do you have any notepads with pretty/interesting patterns on it. I don’t need a whole notepad – 1-5 sheets would be great.

Freebies in the mail – Do you get free cards, stickers, or other paper things in the mail that you never use? I could use them.

Magazines – Do you have any old magazines with pictures in them that I could use? If you’re ready to get rid of them, I could use them.

Anyway, those are some ideas. Whatever you do is great. I’ve always enjoyed seeing what people come up with. And, like I said above, don’t spend a lot of money. Used is great. Stuff out of your house would be wonderful. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Sherry, the holiday elf, knows me really well, so if you have any questios, either ask her or have her pass me a message.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 10:50 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
That's Finley. He's quite a character! He's 7 months old. He's the first black cat I've ever had. I also have a black/grey tiger striped one named Rudy. I am a cat lover through and through.
I love your cats name-so cute! I am also a cat lover

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 02:54 AM  
JENILU

To my Dear Sweet SANTA,

Bless you! I don't even know what to put. You can probably tell by my Amazon WL.
Just know, I am a total thrifty tightwad & I wouldn't think or want any different for anyone else. Anything that is not skin or food based can of course, be used, and I am open to your creativity as well.
I am gonna give way too much info about myself, and maybe you can have some fun within your budget. If u hate this format, tell Sherry and I will take it down and I will totally be fine with trying to make a short bullet list of things I like. There are so many different personalities and different things overwhelm different people. I have OCD and my own list would overwhelm me, lol, but I type stream of consciousness, so it probably looks obnoxious to some. Thankyou and I love you either way!!

I have been married to my amazing hubby for 4 years. Between us, we have 2 adult sons, mine still living with us. Hubby and I LOVE animals of all kinds (me more than him, lol) and we have 1 dog (love of my life) Lucy, one cat Scottie, and a Quaker parrot, George. My son has a cat, Blackjack, which I mention because all are indoors. I love my babies and am the person that has to love on everyone's pets at the park. They all love treats and toys, but mostly Lucy. (she is a 15 lb toy fox terrier chihuahua mix and loves the squeakies)

I move every day but have a LOT of health issues which hinder energy levels and some movements. I use the recumbent bike a lot, but I love Jessica Smith style workouts, weights, kettlebells, and yoga when my ankle lets me. A few subscriptions I have thought of when looking here and elsewhere are Yoga with Adrienne, possibly boho beautiful, possibly Yoga TX, forgot about DoYogaWithMe!!, adding a possible month of Essentrics, but not sure my ankle will cooperate. I love them!
I have brittle blood sugar issues and a lot of food allergies (some of which are sneaky in products like black pepper, all forms of yeast and pineapple, plus others, but I see those even in teas sometimes). Speaking of, I LOVE holiday teas and chai teas (without black pepper)- not loose, and I LOVE the tins they sometimes come in, along with any tins!! Would also love something to hold my teas in (tea bag organizer?) I also love flavored coffee, including holiday flavors (I love mocha mint). One of the few treats I can get away with a few bites of here and there is the truffle dark chocolate bar from Russell Stover (sugar free) . Otherwise, probably not safe to give food or drink - Oh, I LOVE the MIO orchard apple squeezie electrolyte drink enhancers if your store sells them. I cannot find them at mine, so just use grape when I can even find that. I have to keep my electrolytes up, Dr's orders and its hard to find flavors that I can handle and don't have too many bad ingredients. (I have tried green Thunder because it is supposed to be apple, but it tastes like melted popsicle.

I'm not exactly a hoarder, but I am a sucker for tins and pretty boxes - especially to hold jewelry - which I also love, especially from small businesses or homemade., shot glasses, coffee cups, notebooks (I don't know what my thing with that is since I don't write in them enough, but i am supposed to keep a symptom journal, etc.. and meds and goals and Dr appts, so something helpful with all that would be nice..back to subject.. funko pop dolls!!, steampunk gears etc (esp on jewelry), old gothic scary movies and books (and distopian books and shows for some reason), Turtles!!!!- on anything!!, little coffee cups on things, butterflies, sloths, lizards, birds, (ok, all animals but mostly turtles)

Things I like: Fave colors: turquoise - and all tropical or sea colors, all shades of purple, silver, grungy green- a new one for me..and if you add in mauve, which I don't love, but its one of my more flattering colors, those are mostly the colors I wear, including blue and grey. I LOVE rocks and pretty stones - in jewelry or as a standing piece. I am a notorious soft fabric toucher and would love something soft for face and head and gloves (I have really wanted one of those baseball cap type tobogans I have seen. so cute!! I can always use cheap yoga pants and tops (I love thumbhole tops and usually wear 1x or 2x depending on brand). Size 8 in shoes and socks if you like buying in that direction. Can always use nice cozy ones or thinner workout ones. I love lip gloss, I would love a natural based clean perfume, but struggle to find a safe one. I usually end up wearing my own mixture of oils and would love to stock up on more. Probably my fave scent in ready made products is coconut hibiscus in sheamoisture, but it rarely lingers, except maybe the body scrub - cheaper in store than online. i like cerave and derma E when I can afford them (and the Ordinary), or cheaper brands with same ingredients for my skin care. They are the cleanest I can afford. I am sure TJ maxx or marshalls sells similar. I also love peppermint and cinnamon scents and tropical scents. I use a lot of that kind of stuff for my hair. I LOVE fun eyeshadows and am addicted to colourpop, even tho I am not much of a makeup person, eyeshadows give me some fun.

Practical: - an audio book subscription??, - Giftcards: Amazon, Totalfitness, Ccolor cosmetics, Colourpop, Ulta, Aldi (?), Walmart, Marshall's(?), - An online program to help people with autoimmune diseases.- love books on that topic too; makeup remover cloths, dust catchers, small bed light, I know there are several fun subscription boxes in the world, and several you can just try one (I think) Fab Fit Fun is one, but I think they are high, there are jerky ones, books, funko pop, coffee, stationary, makeup, stuff from other countries, shave clubs, perfume boxes, etc.. they all sound fun!!! (that could be an easy gift too if you want to "one and done". - saying this to give others ideas too, lol.

Adding: would like to find a way to do some container organic gardening, but especially want to learn to sprout broccoli, etc..

This is a starter. I may get some help with editing, and I also add as i go, but doesn't mean you have to keep looking
Thankyou Santa and all the blessings to you!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 12:28 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi Santa,

I wanted to post this as soon as I could come up with a list. I may add if I think of anything else. I have so many DVDs, but am looking for the following:

From Gilad: (please, no step. Hopelessly uncoordinated here).

Gilad:
30th Anniversary Volume 1 or 4 (I have the others)
Total Body Sculpt Volume 2,4,5 or 6 (I have the others)
Sculpt and Tone (2005)

From Jessica Smith: Gentle Yoga (on Amazon)

A gift certificate for totalfitnessdvds.com would also be great!

Other items:

I am an artist, so I love all sorts of arts supplies. Most of these are on Amazon, or available at Michael's or Blick. A gift card from Amazon, Blick or Michaels would also be great.

I always like: kneaded erasers, sketching pencils, pads, gel markers, a Moo eraser, colored pencils, pencil holder, brush holder, etc. If you want to see my artwork, check out my profile picture.

I also like coffee--but, no Starbucks, please! I love Dunkin Donuts medium roast, decaf and hazelnut. I like most medium blend coffees, but no French roast or other stronger blends. I also like Dunkin gift cards.

I like milk chocolate covered nuts. I enjoy college-themed mugs and gear, particularly University of Pennsylvania or UConn.

Thank you so much, and I hope I have not made it too difficult for Santa.

Happy Holidays!

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 12:08 AM  
ots

Hi santa –

Sorry for the delay --- I'm behind on everything! Used or new - anything is appreciated. I hope this gives you enough information that you can have fun participating in the exchange. The length of this list is to give you some choices.

DVDs

Ellen Barrett -
Suzanne Bowen –
Cathe – any of the Perfect 30's, Revved up rumble,
Lauren Brooks - Revelation
KCM - Body design, Total body kickbox, Cardio pump
Amy Dixon - Raise some bell, Give me 10 core cuts
Patrick Goudeau - BeFit in 90, BodyWeight Blast
Angie Miller – Crave results
Ilaria – Bodystrike V. 2 or 3, Powerstrike Kickboxing V. 7
Jennifer Galardi - Barre break thru
Sadie Lincoln - Barre3 Standing slim, Barre3 Studio shape, Barre3 burner
Janet Stone – Ananda Vinyasa Bliss in Motion – I think it’s out of print ☹
Pure Barre - Mile High 1 & 2, Studio Series 1,2,3,4
Michael Olajide - Savage and Serene or Aero jump sculpt - http://www.aerospacenyc.com/shop.html
Mark Lauren – EFX
Lawrence Biscontini – instant downloads --- Yo-step, mind-body bento, or shake your Buddha

General Stuff

I am not crafty but appreciate others that are – so, if you are, I would love anything that is homemade. As far as food is concerned, I’m not allergic to anything - I love coconut and dark chocolate – milk chocolate too – and nuts. I love ornament to remember this year’s exchange! I live with my husband and two black mutts. Before Covid, I was walking/biking everywhere – so, I needed sunscreen all year round and I always need lip balm. I’ve been riding my bike in my Keens and I think I’ll try to keep going – but, I need socks that will work with them.

Since Covid, I actually have to set an alarm to walk my dog to make myself leave the house (my husband usually walks them). Other things: fuzzy socks, black tea (not flavored) and toffee (love toffee – chocolate covered!). I do teach at the Y and we have to wear face masks even while we teach --- if you have found a good one that's nice and breathable, I'd love that --- if not, I'm still collecting them...what other year would that make a good gift?

I wish you a very happy and healthy holiday season!!!

Anne
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 06:17 PM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

Dear Santa...

Hello! I thought I would list a few items that I am interested in:

From my trade list:
Cathe: Rockout Knockout (traded for it)
Kimberly Spreen:, CIA 2605: Cardio Camp Workout, Triple Threat, Kickbutt Fast Cheetah
Kelsie Daniels: Fitprime - Steaming Cardio
Jamie King: Rock Your Body
ANY UNUSUAL Kickboxing. I have Ilaria Montagnani Body Strikes Vol. 1, but I'm not sure I have the energy for any more of hers. I'm pretty much an intermediate exerciser and have most of Cathe and Kelly's kickboxing.

I like dancy workouts as well.

ADDED: a classical stretch or essentric workout. I am looking for shortish stretching workouts.

I LOVE "Stress Relief" Eucalyptus/Spearmint from Bath and Body Works and would LOVE a body scrub for it.

Gift certificates to Starbucks, Trader Joes, Kohls, Bath and Body Works.

An exercise journal for me to keep notes on my workouts.

I hope that is enough. I haven't been crafting for a while, so I don't need any of those items.

Happy holiday season! So grateful for Video Fitness.
Joanne
Old 11-07-20, 06:43 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks to everyone who posted wishlists already! I hope more will go up over the weekend so Santas can start shopping. Mail delivery is slower, so we need more time to order things. Thank you!

Old 11-08-20, 01:06 PM  
sherry7899

We are missing a few wishlists ! Please post when you can.

Tags
2020 holiday wish list, gift exchange, holiday gift exchange