Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-01-20, 12:14 PM  
sherry7899

2020 Holiday Gift Exchange wish list thread

I am starting the thread in case anyone has a wishlist ready.

Some tips: (thank you!)

Please include your size if you ask for socks or clothing

Please include any allergies if you ask for food items

If you ask for anything fragrance related, please include which scents you like and do not like.

It can be helpful to list favorite and least favorite colors.

If you need help with ideas, need someone's email for streaming, or need any elf help, please pm me. I am good at finding gift ideas online.

Thank you so much for joining us! I think we can all use some extra holiday cheer this year !

eta: from Anne's post:

Gifts must be mailed out (postmarked) by December 7th. Please make sure that you can postmark your gift by December 7th --- some people have had to wait until after Christmas for their gifts and that isn't fair to them. Obviously, things happen -- but, let's stick with the holiday spirit!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 05:30 PM  
sherry7899

I always get my list ready early since I do elf duties Here goes...hopefully someone else will post one soon also (no pressure) so I am not here alone for long!

This is my twelfth year participating.
Thank you so much for reading my wish list! I understand about being on a tight budget, and I will be very grateful for anything that is sent to me. I know this was a really difficult year for many of us. My family does not really exchange gifts, so I absolutely love being part of the VF exchange and being surprised. It makes my holiday season! Thank you in advance for being my Santa.

Please do not be put off by the length of my list. I only included a lot to increase the element of surprise and give my Santa more to work with. Hopefully that will make things easy. I will be thrilled with anything I receive.
I have been married for twenty seven years to a real sweetie, and we have a wonderful twenty one year old son, and three black cats who we treat like additional children.

I have chronic pain issues, so I cannot do anything with high impact. My favorite workouts are, non-complicated dance, kickboxing, yoga (including kundalini, hatha, and yin and restorative, and anything to help with low back/neck and hip opening). I’m a music snob/geek, so I love workouts with great music. I do not do any Firm, pilates, step or complex cardio. I love anything “woo woo” and hippy dippy (have them all, but workouts like Misty Tripoli, Soul Sweat, Yoga Booty Ballet, NIA, Bellyfit, etc)

Please do check back. I may add more ideas after seeing other people's lists
I am VERY happy with my current dvd collection, and to be honest I am more interested in trying the streaming sites listed below. However, anything you pick will be gratefully used <3

I am only listing dvds as a guide. I know the Cathe ones are expensive, so please don't go over your budget. I am totally fine with not receiving any dvds, and instead being gifted a month of streaming to any of the sites below.
DVD Wish Listt: ( I am fine with gently used dvds, especially Cathe since I know they can be pricey. If they are too expensive, I am happy with absolutely anything from the list below) I will see if I can come up with a few more cheaper options.
- Cathe Freidrich Rockout Knockout (Amazon, Collage, Total Fitness)
-Cathe Freidrich Push Pull (Amazon, Collage, Total Fitness)
- Shaun T CIZE Weight Loss workokuts ( I have the original set) if you happen to have found them cheap somewhere. Please do not buy these at full price! I was fortunate to find the original set for $3.00 new!
-Shaun T Hip Hop Abs Ultimate Results (I have the original set) if you happen to have found them cheaply
-mimi kuo deemer Yoga and QiGong (single cheaper dvd, not the two dvd set, which I have already-Amazon)
-Yoga Emergency 12 minute back workout-Collage

I would love to try any of these streaming sites. Please ask Anne or fanofladyvols for my e-mail address. If I messed up any links and you can’t find the site, please ask fanofladyvols for me to search and I’ll send her the link.
-one month Body Project streaming
https://teambodyproject.com/
-one month Yoga Ranger streaming
https://theyogaranger.vhx.tv/checkou...be/gift?gift=1
-one month for Yoga with Adriene streaming:
https://fwfg.com/
-booya fitness one month:
https://www.booyafitness.com/pricing
-one month yoga tx streaming:
https://yogavida.vhx.tv/help/subscri...a-subscription

Other things that may be helpful about me:
-I love psychological suspense, and British/Irish authors, and books about being an empath (Judith Orloff “Thriving as an Empath.”)
-books to get me into the holiday spirit, which is tough this year! Christmas fiction would be enjoyable.(recent holiday books by Donna Van Liere, Sheila Roberts, Debbie Macomber, Raeanne Thayne)
-anything with Peanuts characters, especially Snoopy –I adore Snoopy! A mini desk calendar would be wonderful (Amazon)
-my favorite colors are purple and pink (all shades), blue, turquoise, red and black. My least favorite colors are brown, orange, yellow and green.
-anything to do with Breaking Bad
- cds for relaxation and yoga nidra to help with insomnia, especially ocean or rain sounds
-anything yoga and meditation related-surprise me ! meditation oils, yoga mat cleaner, crystals/stones
-anything with cats (especially black cats) fairies, or butterflies
-warm fuzzy socks in pink, purple, or blue or black (size 10 feet) My feet are always cold!
-bookmarks
-cute notepads or blank journals (any size!) with cats, fairies, Peanuts characters, hearts , butterflies
-colored pens, especially in colors like purple, blue or pink (all shades)
-Katie Daisy 2021 planner (Amazon)

-I love to bake and cook, so if you want to share any favorite recipes (don’t really eat beef) especially for soup/stews/smoothies/healthy or unhealthy treats, I would appreciate it. I mean to share recipes, not to buy cookbooks. I am also obsessed with using my Instant Pot, so if you have found any great free recipes, please share! I also love kitchen gadgets , like cute cupcake liners, or silicone spatulas in bright colors with sayings about baking , or plain ones.

- a purse sized planner-anything with cats, flowers, etc-ones from the dollar store are fine!

Beauty products:
-burt's bees "fig shade" lip shimmer or lip tints in deep pink/rose shades or red (any brand-nothing expensive)
-I have really gotten into buying different lip colors. I love colored lip gloss/lipsticks in shades from deep pink to rose, wine, burgundy, and red with cool undertones. I can also use clear lip gloss. Flavored lip gloss in vanilla/birthday cake similar to the discontinued ones by philosophy brand are also appreciated, or fruit flavors. Cheap brands are welcome! (NYX, LA Look, Wet n Wild, etc).
-I dislike fruit scents, except for coconut.
-Shower gel or lotion in any scents listed below, or holiday scents :cinnamon/vanilla, warm vanilla sugar
-Body butter from Trader Joe’s in coconut, pumpkin or pomegranate, or body butter from anywhere! I am not brand picky.
-heavy duty hand cream-my hands get SO dry in the winter. I love "Working Hands" brand, but I will try any brand.
-I have long hair, and love unusual large barrettes (the size that can hold hair pulled back from both sides ) especially silver/ pewter ones shaped liked hearts, flowers, etc or coated hair rubber bands for ponytails for when I exercise, or soft cloth wideheadbands. I love prints like flowers or paisley, or solid colors.
-curly hair styling products or deep conditioner
-I wear fragrance oils as perfume, and love the scents of lilac, jasmine, gardenia,Ylang ylang, violet, pumpkin, coconut, vanilla, sweet pea,lily, honeysuckle
(the brand P & J is great and is available on Amazon and it is inexpensive. I also like the floral fragrance oils from the brand Barnhouse Blue
- I love Burt's Bees facial wash for sensitive skin
-Love, Beauty and Planet brand rose scented anything-body wash, lotions, etc.
-OGX brand shea body butter
-hair ties for thick hair-any brand

Holiday Treats: (no allergies)
I adore chocolate, (especially dark chocolate, chocolate with peanut butter, like Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups, or chocolate with peppermint or mint) and dark chocolate covered pretzels, almonds or peanuts. I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate. I LOVE peppermint bark. I also enjoy trail mix with nuts/dried fruit and bit of chocolate or mini peanut butter cups (like the "Adventure" trail mix at Aldi or anything from Trader Joe's or Target.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but please do not send any of the following. I would hate money wasted on things I cannot use or do not need. Thank you!
-candles (we have very curious cats )
-holiday decorations and ornaments –we are fully stocked! We no longer put up our tree because our cats are climbers.
-coffee/tea/hot chocolate-we have plenty
-lip balms (ones that are not tinted) I have plenty already
-cookbooks-too expensive, and I have a large collection
-mugs-we have no more space due to my huge collection of Snoopy mugs

Old 11-02-20, 07:50 AM  
Rhonda

Here is my list: (may come back and update)

DVDs: (please do not stray from list as I have gotten copies of ones I have had and so ended up with duplicates)
I already have KCM RAW

-I will accept GC from Amazon, TotalFitness
-KCM Box Fit
-KCM Super Sculpt
-Powerstrike 7
-Powerstrike Millennium 2 (can only have DVD, if this comes on VHS I cannot take it as I don't have a VCR)

Other Items:
-Harney and Sons Tea (Mint Verbena; Green Tea Cinnamon Spice; Peppermint Herbal)
-Bath and Body Works hand soap like to try any but Black Cherry; Aromatherapy Orange Ginger are really nice
-Candles (Cinnamon; blueberry; vanilla) or something without a strong scent
-Burts Bee Lip Balm
-Jigsaw puzzles - a picture from your part of the country; wolves; cats; wildlife; birds
-Foodwise - healthy stuff, like cashews; peanuts; pistachios; healthy trailmix, etc. But don't get me wrong I love chocolate (dark, milk - with caramel or peppermint; and also fruity chewy candy (like swedish fish; licorice)
-Cozy Mysteries - example I like the Leslie Meier ones and have read them all, not sure of other good ones.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 07:56 AM  
sherry7899

Rhonda, thank you for posting!

The Powestrike workout is VHS only, right?

Old 11-02-20, 08:00 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Rhonda, thank you for posting!

The Powestrike workout is VHS only, right?
I have no clue, guess I will put a note saying if on VHS, I cannot take it as I don't have a VCR.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 08:06 AM  
sherry7899

I think only Millennium 3 was released on DVD.

Old 11-02-20, 11:45 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hi there, VF Santas!!

I will share a little more about me. My home family is daily entertained with my VF family stories. They are beginning to feel like they know you guys, too! Although my DVD/VHS collection is well loved and my hobby, I rarely buy new. I was a PE flunkie who finally turned to exercise as a source of stress relief as an adult. My vidiocy is the one luxury I allow myself. I don't download or stream. I love Lady Vol powder blue and Tennessee orange. My list is meant to guide you and hope you don't see it as some exhaustive 5 year old's list to Santa So please know that anything you send will be eagerly anticipated, and thoroughly appreciated. I hope you have fun choosing something!!

Dvds:
Used is fine...even from your own collection! My intent was to give you dvd options that are easy to find inexpensively listed used on eBay or Amazon, or reasonably priced at Totalfitness or collage. If you find they are hard to find, or change to ridiculous prices, then please feel free to ignore. Also, feel free to bargain hunt elsewhere, too!

• Kristin Dowell Hi-Lo Recharge, Dressed up drills
• Erin O'brien Strong Body, Ageless body; Strong Body, Fit body
• Jill Miller Yoga Link Hip helpers, Yoga Link Shoulder shape up
• Natalie Jill Rev4, Total Body Weight Building Abs, Total Body Weight Advanced
• Kim Mullen Dance and Be Fit: Brazilian Body

Gift cards:
I LOVE DVDs, but if it's easier for you to send a gift card, then I have chosen places that allow you to choose your own amount. Please ask sherry7899 for my email address, if needed. Any denomination, at any one of these places, will be thriftily spent at:
  • Totalfitnessdvds
  • Amazon
  • Cathe

Food items:
We do have cinnamon and strawberry allergies in our home so I steer clear of that. Otherwise, I love nibbling on solid milk chocolate, popcorn, raw unsalted pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.

Recipes:
I don't need cookbooks but I would love:
  • Your favorite cookie or pie recipes that don't use cinnamon or strawberries,
  • Your favorite soup or crock pot recipes!!

Other gift ideas:
  • Blank recipe cards (love the vintage look)
  • Tin cookie cutters in cat, dog, flower shapes.( I do not have these shapes)
  • I have a kitty and we both smile when she gets new necklaces. Any pretty, inexpensive collars with bells that are breakaway please. Christmas theme would be great :-)
  • Fuzzy, soft socks,(shoe size 8) unscented please.
  • Vintage or homemade Christmas tree ornaments

Please don't purchase any soap, lotion, bath gel, bath bomb, makeup, perfume, or candles. I'm pretty sensitive to certain scents and become nauseous or get terrible headaches. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason so hard to explain which are fine..sorry.

THANK YOU for participating in the Gift Exchange and for being my VF Santa!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 12:30 PM  
Demeris

Here's my list (but I may come back and add things later, if I get inspired by someone else):

So I'm retired and have been decluttering and minimalizing for a couple of years now. I state that because I have simple and rather spartan tastes.

OK:

DVDS--I DO NOT stream, so if your workout gift will be a workout, I'd prefer DVDs. Please don't spend much money on these. Maybe you can find them cheap somewhere, or maybe they're in your discard pile. Thank you.

I don't do yoga.
I'm interested in 10 minute trainer type workouts, but non-pilates, non-Jessica Smith versions (because I have all those already).
I'd love to have Jill Miller's Yoga Tune Up Quick Fix Lower Body (it's not really yoga)
I'd love to have any of Gilad's Bodies in Motion TV program workouts.
I'd love to have any of Margaret Richard's Unplugged dvds (yeah, I know—I'm reaching for the stars).

Fitness books (again, only if you find them really cheap somewhere):

Any book by Bob Anderson.
Any book on the Melt Method
Any book by Jill Miller
Any book on anatomy
Any book you think I might like that you found for free or really cheap

Food items:

I'll eat anything except raisins, bananas, and balut.

Miscellaneous (a little bit about me so you can come up with your own ideas):

I don't wear perfume BUT I love the scent of Lavender.
I wear a size 8-9 shoe (in case you were thinking about socks or booties)
I have a 15 pound dog.
I love tea--black, green, herbal (except for teas with rooibos or licorice, neither of which I seem to like in a tea).
I do lots of knitting, crochet, embroidery

Thank you, Elf. This is my second year participating. After last year, I wondered why I had waited so long.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 12:41 PM  
sherry7899

I am so happy to see wishlists being posted already.

Old 11-02-20, 01:01 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am so happy to see wishlists being posted already.
Yes!! Reading them is fun!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020 holiday wish list, gift exchange, holiday gift exchange