Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-18, 03:41 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Dear SS.
Thank you for taking the time to 'shop' for me! I hope this will give you a few ideas. I'm sure not picky and will be grateful for your gifts.
I am totally good with used books or dvds.

DVDs I am interested in:
Bob Harper Inside out Method Bob's Workout
KCM 30 MTF Sculpting Rx
RIPT 90 Fit Set
Cathe Intensity Series The Terminator
Cathe Intensity Series Pyramid Lower And Upper Body
Or surprise me. I like kickboxing, kettlebells, Tabata and HiiT.

Things I like:
Green tea
Coffee
Chocolate
Fun Hair ties (I have long hair)
Scented body lotion or body spray
Fun lip balms/glosses, tinted or plain
Homemade items
Scented candles
Healing crystals any type
Amazon/Totalfitness/Beachbody gift certificate
Kiehl's Skincare anything for dry skin: https://www.kiehls.com/
Favorite color: Green
Favorite scents: Lavender, citrus, jasmine, rose
Very interested in Yoga and Meditation

Thank you, thank you! Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 11:03 PM  
sherry7899

Bumping

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 08:51 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

I added my list up thread! Hoping some more get posted today!

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 09:41 AM  
Sidlynn

Hi Santa!

I’m so glad you signed up for this exchange and I’m looking forward to whatever you are able to send. This is my 8th year participating and the surprises are always my favorite part, perhaps with a bit of local flavor from wherever you are added to the mix.

I enjoy kickboxing and hi/lo and step with complex choreography. I love trying new things, but belly dance and I do not mix! Best workout length for me tends to be 30-45 minutes, although I have longer workouts on my list.

Here are some ideas, in no particular order. Used DVDs would be great, and I also warmly welcome VHS tapes. Any one of them would be a wonderful addition to my collection, but feel free to improvise!

Powerstrike Millenium Series #1, 2, 3
Powerstrike – Impact
Powerstrike Advanced Series #1
Powerstrike - Choreography 1
Forza: Samurai Sword Workout by Powerstrike (daughter has a sword from her karate class, ha!)
RapidFire 3: Rock Steady, Rock Hard, 2012
Kristin Dowell’s Dressed Up Drills
Kickbox Jam: CIA 2K03 (Sherri Jacquelyn)
Jessica Smith – I’ve been enjoying her YouTube walking workouts and would like to try any of her DVD walking workouts

I could also use a small calendar to use to keep track of workouts, something spiral bound so it stays open to the week that I’m on.

Other facts/interests/likes/dislikes:

I have a thing for llamas and alpacas. Major understatement. Anything vaguely llama or alpaca related will get me to squee. Hee!
I almost always start the day with black tea – ginger or sweet flavors like Tazo’s butterscotch or vanilla bean macaron or the Downton Abbey blends
I also enjoy fun socks (shoe size 9.5/10) – either ankle socks for workouts or longer socks to wear with dress pants that have a fun design.
I’m not a fan of coffee, coconut, or white chocolate.
I’m on Weight Watchers so any of their products would be welcome, especially hot chocolate and pasta
Anything homemade would also be appreciated (if it’s food and not point-friendly, I can still work it in, plus I have a husband and children who aren’t counting!)

Hope that helps get you started - whatever you come up with will be greatly appreciated - thanks so much in advance!

"This is good for us!" ~Gilad
Sidlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 06:29 PM  
lorajc

Hi - I Participate every year and love the fun!!!!!

Here are some ideas's for my Secret Santa: I will appreciate any little item!

Kundalini Yoga....which I am addicted to. I also love other yoga and fusion workouts. (Ravi/Ana - but I have all unless they have new before Xmas) -

KY for Health & Happiness Hermijot Kaur - Total Fitness

Ballet Fitness - Nicky McGinty - collage

Gillade Xcellerate - Strengthen (something - can't read my writing) and Tone Every Inch

Zumba tone Up set --- want --can you get cheap??? Ebay?? Amazon??

I love Barre 3 online but they are expensieve -- is there anything similar?

Essentrics -- Anything Newer -- Aging Backwards (definitely)
Anything - that has half hour sessions that is newer

Be back for other stuff. I think that may be enough video's unless something new pops up.

i do need good hand cream for aged hands. I like natural soaps. I also like workout socks with slight padding in the heel and ball and socks for jeans -- the kind that are comfie around your calf and don't have the full elastic. Not sure how to explain it. I'm 59. Most everyone around here knows my story.....but I had a severe car accident 3 years ago and I'm making a come back.....however, I don't think I'll ever be able to do all of these "Extreme" and "Hardcore" dvds I have around again. I love variety and I love bellydance, Kundalini, weights, kettlebells, Pilates on the Reformer mostly, Ballet and fusion workouts, Barre, Yoga....most anything. I also love dance. I love all animals and share my home with cats!! They are angels!! They are my children. Happy Holidays....and I am appreciative of any little item you can share!!! Also I love surprises....so you can get me anything not on my list and surprise me....but it should be newer, as I was an avid collector when I worked and was younger!

Lora

Also....I will appreciate anything at all....please don't worry if you can't buy much!! I love the exchange and have participated for years. It's so much fun!!!!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 08:25 PM  
Garrie A.

Hi Secret Santa! This is my third year participating in the VF Holiday Gift Exchange, and it is so much fun every year!

I am a 22 year old male and work at a community college bookstore. In August of last year I became licensed to teach Zumba Fitness, and in July of this year I took Basic Steps Level 2 (the optional second part).

I enjoy a wide variety of workouts. My all-time favorites are BBH Firms, Tracie Long, Kelly Coffey-Meyer, Gilad, Christi Taylor, Kari Anderson, and Cathe. But I also enjoy Pilates, barre, fusion, and yoga workouts for variety. I would consider myself intermediate/advanced in fitness level (it fluctuates from time to time). My wish list is long only to give you ideas, plus a wide range to choose from. I also like surprises, so feel free to surprise me with something not on my list. Used DVDs are also great. I will be happy with whatever I receive!

Gilad:
Power & Grace
Interval Training (aka Interval Training For Men)
Core & More (or the Core workout in the Ultimate Body Sculpt series)

Tracie Long:
Studio Series Metabolic Strength 3/4

Kelly Coffey-Meyer:
Sculpting RX
Lean Body Circuits
Cardio Blast
Body Training

Barre/Ballet:
Suzanne Bowen BarreAmped Fire Extreme Sculpt
Suzanne Bowen BarreAmped Boot Camp
Beyond Balletone
Dailey Method No Excuses

Pilates/Yoga/Fusion:
Tracey Mallett Pilates Super Sculpt
Kari Anderson Center Floor
Kari Anderson Reach
Jennifer Galardi Flowetry
Karen Voight Pilates Core Power Abdominals & Back
Exhale Core Fusion Power Sculpt

Some other workouts I may be interested in:
The two new Steve SanSoucie (sp?) DVDs
Exhale Core Fusion Pure Abs & Arms
Hilliard Studio Method Beautiful Bride
Margaret Richard Muscle & Grace
Katina Hunter Circuit Party
Katina Hunter Interval Party (also interested in the second one)
Karen Voight Quick & Slim Cardio
Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

Check back, as I may add other DVDs to my wish list.

Non-fitness related items:
-I love to knit and crochet. Pattern books (especially hats, socks, and books that focus on patterns for men), one skein of sock/fingering weight yarn (400 or more yards will make one pair of socks), and small circular needles (bamboo or wood, no metal please) are some ideas.
-Anything dark chocolate
-All natural body washes and soaps
-Barre grippy socks to fit a man's shoe size
-I also love coffee, and use my Keurig daily.

Thanks for reading my wish list!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 10:31 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Dear Santa,

Thank you so much for participating in this fun event! I have participated several times and it is always great fun. Please know that I will appreciate anything you choose to share.

About me:
I am a long-time Cathe and Kelly Coffey-Meyer fan. I love both ladies’ workouts and really enjoy KCM’s RAW channel. I love, love, love boxing and boxing cardio intervals. I mean ! I enjoy kickboxing, too. I love weights – a lot. I use kettlebells occasionally and enjoy them as well for the different challenge they offer. I have and enjoy workouts by other instructors, including Leslie Sansone, Jessica Smith, Tracie Long, Lauren Brooks, and a few others, but Cathe and KCM are my main stay workouts.

I also use HASfit on YouTube and have considered becoming a patreon supporter because they have some great workouts that I have grown to enjoy. Patreon supporters can access additional workouts and programs although their free app and rotations and YouTube videos are amazing as is. I enjoy their weighted leg workouts a lot. Solid, basic weight training that is effective.

I am still recovering from a bad round of tennis and golfer’s elbow (on both elbows but one worse than the other) ... along with some bursitis. So I am reintroducing weights and trying to exercise some restraint in my workouts. It is a struggle for me as working out is my favorite thing.

I love Cathe’s ICE Metabolic Total Body. The past couple of years I have found that I enjoy metabolic workouts more than I ever thought I would. I am not a huge stepper, though, and do limit impact because my joints talk back to me more now.

I haven’t really developed a wish list per se, but here are a few things I have been looking at recently:
Jessica Smith Total Stretch
Jessica Smith Feel Good Fusion
Jari Love Ripped and Jacked
KCM’s Body Design (I have this one but I would love one to use at the office.)
KCM’s Slim Sculpting (I have this one but I would love one to use at the office.)

ETA:
Leslie Sansone: 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
Leslie Sansone Burn to the Beat
Kristin Dowell's Dressed Up Drills

Some things I like:
Clean scented lotions
Blistex medicated lip balm (green tube)
Mint tea
Goody hair ties
M&M’s and cashews mixed together
Purples and blues
I am a huge fan of Tim Allen and am thrilled Last Man Standing is back on TV.
I enjoy James Rollins novels but I need to find another author for those gaps between novels.
I enjoy cats and currently have an approx 8 year old male and a nearly 4 month old male. So the Christmas tree will likely have few special ornaments on it.

ETA:
I also use Bath & Body Works wall flower plug ins and my favorite scents are Fresh Balsam and Eucalyptus and Spearmint.
I like the watermelon lip shimmer from Burt's Bees.

I will try to expand this a bit this weekend to give you some other ideas.
Please know that gently used DVD's are perfectly fine by me.

Thank you again!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 12:53 AM  
Katri

I promise to post my list later today
Old 11-09-18, 07:07 AM  
sherry7899

I thought I could not be an elf helper this year due to family circumstances, but I think I will have the time. If anyone needs help, please feel free to message me, but it might take longer than previous years for me to get back to you.

Anne sent me the list of matchups, so I have everyone's names/addresses. However, I do not have anyone's email address, so if you need that for a gift subscription, please contact Anne.

Thank you,
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 11:50 AM  
Katri

Hi Secret Santa, here is my wish list

DVDs: (used are absolutely fine)
Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 3
Jari Love Ripped And Jacked
Tamilee Webb Weight Loss Walk 3 Miles Walk
Leslie Just Walk 5 Boosted Miles

I try to add more later to give you more options.

Other ideas
-tinted lipgloss, body lotion, nail polish, body wash ( I love scented products)
- coffee, tea, hot chocolate
- coffee mug
- homemade things
- a case for eyeglasses
- hair ties or headband
- chocolate, candy, cookies ( We don’t have any food allergies)
- a Christmas ornament
- soccer-related things
- socks (size small)
- I love reading romance novels
- we don’t have a pet, but I love cats

I hope this gives you enough ideas. Please know I will appreciate anything you send.

Thank You for being my Santa!

Tags
2018 holiday wish, holiday gift exchange