Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-15, 11:13 AM  
rhbrand

More workouts like Body Beast?

I wish there were more workout systems like Body Beast and STS. I know Cathe has a few, Slow and Heavy, Gym Style, Pure Strength. But those are pretty much just 3 workouts.

I really like STS and Body Beast and wish there were a couple more that were like that. Maybe I just don't know about them, so if you know of a heavy weights, with little to no cardio, system, just let me know!
Old 08-16-15, 11:17 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Heavy, controlled sets: Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Muscle Up.

Honestly, there aren't many out there. Maybe JNL or the new Edge series.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 12:14 PM  
at120

Joyce Vedral's Just... series.

Met-Rx 180 and P90X also emphasize mass building.
at120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 01:38 PM  
dela

Not sure if you like them, but there is probably more of that type of workout available in paper workouts. Of course, I'm not a huge help here, I'm not that familiar with a particular one to look at.

Sharaz may have some great suggestions if she see's this. (Sorry to call you out Sharaz! I just know you are big on the heavy lifting )
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 01:44 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I agree with Muscle Up. It's only one dvd, but it's low rep. It's divided into two 30minute sections, but has lots of premix options. May not be exactly like BB, but it's a good dvd to own.
Old 08-16-15, 01:46 PM  
rhbrand

I've got paper workouts coming out my ears. I just don't stick with them, unless I can go to a gym. Which is hard as the nearest one is 35 miles away. I keep hoping someone buys the local gym that closed after the owner got a new job and moved a few hours away.

I like dvd systems cause I will stick with them for a lot longer. Just wish there were more based simply on muscle building. P90X wasn't just muscle building, at least not for me. Joyce goes to fast for me to sling around my 50lbs dumbbells.

Now I'd about forgotten about Met-Rx 180. Might need to look into it.
Old 08-16-15, 02:23 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I've got paper workouts coming out my ears. I just don't stick with them, unless I can go to a gym. Which is hard as the nearest one is 35 miles away. I keep hoping someone buys the local gym that closed after the owner got a new job and moved a few hours away.
Oh my goodness! 35 miles away? I can't count the amount of gyms around me. Seems like an opportunity for an untapped market by you
Old 08-16-15, 02:24 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Heavy weight DVDs are a rarity, I wonder if it's that the market just isn't big enough, or people who buy systems like P90X want a mix of weights and cardio. Xtrainfit Toning goes slow enough to heavy up. I think the Triple H Power DVD is also heavy.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 02:38 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Heavy weight DVDs are a rarity, I wonder if it's that the market just isn't big enough, or people who buy systems like P90X want a mix of weights and cardio. Xtrainfit Toning goes slow enough to heavy up. I think the Triple H Power DVD is also heavy.
My theory/2 cents for what it's worth. The market for at home heavy lifting is much smaller than the "just move the coffee table, you can do this in your living room!" market. We are a bit of a unique group here.
Old 08-16-15, 02:53 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Oh my goodness! 35 miles away? I can't count the amount of gyms around me. Seems like an opportunity for an untapped market by you
Well, our entire 20 square mile county has maybe 2200 people, total. And that includes the nursing home people. So not much of an untapped market.

I do wish I had the money cause I'd buy the gym and put some upgrades in it, but alas, with putting one child through collage, and another on tap, I have no money to buy a gym.

Tags
body beast, heavy lifting, sts