Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-14, 10:20 AM  
Sollamyn

Question Looking for Cardio/Strength Circuit with an Upper Body Focus

Hi. As the title says, I am looking for circuit workouts that have low-impact cardio (or mixed, with a modifier shown) and upper body strength moves. I have Barry's Bootcamp (with that greenish pill-shaped stability ball) and Chris Freytag's 10 Pounds Down single DVD with the 20-min. workouts on it. I used to have 10 Days to a Better Body but didn't care for all the high-impact and all the moves with hands supporting my weight on the floor. I really don't want to buy a set or system, so if you know of any single DVDs with this type of workout, I'd appreciate it if you'd share it with me. Would any of Jessica's Youtube workouts work?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I know it's not a very common type of workout.

Donna
Old 04-29-14, 10:30 AM  
upperwside

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Sear...ch=jen+edwards

Both of these are good.. you can make all the cardio low Impact and there is a modifier.. I think both are fun... and have an upper body focus along with lower...
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 11:58 AM  
Tugger31

I think Cathe's Athletic Training is an option as well as her Cardio & Weights (if you like step, I do the step all low impact). Cathe's Low Impact Circuit has also an Upper Body Circuit Premix.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 12:13 PM  
edensmom

Jessica's Better Body Blast dvd has an upper body circuit workout.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 12:34 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post

Both of these are good.. you can make all the cardio low Impact and there is a modifier.. I think both are fun... and have an upper body focus along with lower...
I looked at the previews of these and they look like they're right up my alley. I especially love the modifier she has and I also like that you could do these workouts with no weights and get in a pretty good cardio effect.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 12:41 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post

Thanks! Those workouts look good and I will put them on my wishlist when I need some total body circuits. From my point of view, though, there is too much lower body work on these. I was hoping to find workouts that had more of an 'upper body only' focus.

Quote:
I think Cathe's Athletic Training is an option as well as her Cardio & Weights (if you like step, I do the step all low impact). Cathe's Low Impact Circuit has also an Upper Body Circuit Premix.
Did I mention I have a bad knee? I can't do step workouts any more, although I once loved them. Honestly, Cathe's choreography and barbells with bands sort of intimidate me, too! I'm not exactly advanced in my fitness level. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Donna
Old 04-29-14, 12:42 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Jessica's Better Body Blast dvd has an upper body circuit workout.
I have that one, but I didn't think it had much cardio in it. I will take another look. Thanks!

Donna
Old 04-29-14, 03:58 PM  
Tugger31

I forgot about this one. The clip is about 4 minutes long and has more upper body moves toward the end of the clip. For some of the compound movements you could also just do the upper body component.

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Ang...val-p/1077.htm
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 05:51 PM  
cherimac

Debbie Seibers Cardio Sculpt Express, if you like intermediate level workouts that are high rep.
Old 04-29-14, 06:40 PM  
joyfulnana

Fit Prime Upper Body Burn with Keli Roberts has cardio, upper body weights, but also has core & yoga sections which I sometimes skip when short on time, since the whole workout is about 55 minutes. It's well chaptered, and Keli shows low impact modifications. She does use a stick/dowel type tool for one cardio section though; I use my light body bar.

The only other one that comes to mind is The Firm Jiggle Free Arms with Stephanie Huckabee, but that one does use the Transfirmer for a weight bench & some of the cardio sections, so probably wouldn't work for you.

I wish there were more workouts with intervals of upper body & cardio!
joyfulnana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit workouts, upper body