Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-11, 12:40 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
Slim Series Mix it Up or Tear it Up
Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Fit Body
Valerie Waters - any
I did Tear It Up last Tuesday (a week ago). Yesterday was the first that that my hamstrings were not sore from that workout. You get a lotta bang for your buck on this one.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 12:52 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Project You: Full Body Circuit - Kathy is one of the few instructors that can still cue. You can go fairly heavy as she doesn't rep you to death.

Cindy Whitmarsh Results 10 Days to a Better Body - This one is divided into an Upper Body and Lower Body sections. You could do both as they are fairly short, about half an hour each. You can't go very heavy on most of the moves. She does some fun balance work. This video has NO dread factor for me.

Leslie Sansone Walk Strong - It's Leslie! She has two workouts called Walk Strong. I like them both for days when you need a circuit, but don't want to die. It is easy to use heavy weights to make them harder.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 12:54 PM  
Hoodone

Cathe's Terminator DVD, particularly the Gauntlet workout
Hoodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 12:57 PM  
roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Kathy Smith Project You: Full Body Circuit - Kathy is one of the few instructors that can still cue. You can go fairly heavy as she doesn't rep you to death.
Alta-- lookin' good!

I like the Kathy Smith Project:You circuit workout too. I agree, you can go fairly heavy. It hits everything and just seems, well, logical. I don't know if that makes sense, but sometimes with circuit workouts I think "why'd they put that in there?" or the order of exercises seems off.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 01:18 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Patrick Goudeau's HWC & LHB.

For a differing opinion on KCM's Circuit Burn -- I did it a few times but sold it as it didn't have much back or chest work in it. The few moves she did have torqued my shoulder. I got rid of her Bootcamp & NYC workouts as they also had questionable moves for shoulder work.

I know Kelly is considered to walk on water here at VF and I do think she does a good job running her presales but I don't think her weight work is that safe. She uses a lot of momentum & twisting moves which are a bad combination. Her combination/compound moves frequently mismatch weight for body parts--especially for shoulders.

(I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but it's my opinion & I'm entitled to state it however many times I want. )

Joan
You won't get any flames from me. I like Circuit Burn even though it is one of the easier circuits. It's fun to do. However, I sold NYC because of questionable shoulder moves. I only did Bootcamp once so I don't remember if it had risky moves. But I know some of her older workouts had risky shoulder moves too. I also have to sometimes use different weights than Kelley does. She uses really heavy weights for some of the shoulder moves.

Some of my other favorite circuit workouts are Paul's 4x4 BootCamp, Patrick's LHB, Jillian's Shred & Ripped In 30, Cindy's Results (the one Alta mentioned), the Rip:60 workouts, and Cathe's original BootCamp. Cindy's and Circuit Burn are good for days when I don't want a really tough workout.
Old 10-26-11, 02:40 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roz View Post
Alta-- lookin' good!
Why, thank you, Roz!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 02:41 PM  
Elise7

Joan,

I do agree with you to some extent.

I like Kelley's personality a lot. I like how she runs her business. She seems like a nice, down to earth person.

That being said, the only dvd I've gotten from her with any weight work is Circuit Burn. I really like it! I don't do one of the last circuits with the bicep/chest combo.

I do think she tries to be too unique in her weight work which is why I've never gotten nyc, split sessions, muscle definition, etc. The moves look unsafe and awkward.

I like her better for cardio.
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 04:53 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise7 View Post
I do think she tries to be too unique in her weight work which is why I've never gotten nyc, split sessions, muscle definition, etc. The moves look unsafe and awkward.

I like her better for cardio.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 10-26-11, 09:30 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

The Janis/Gilleurmo Kickbox Circuit

Breakthru Body Circuit, only circuit I know with complex choreo in a circuit

Gin Miller's Step Circuit Challenge--great short one

Patrick's Dumb Training--nice length, not too crazy

Cathe's Circuit Blast

Cathe's Intensity series Terminator workouts (just do as much as I want)

to name a few. I LOVE circuits!

Donna
Old 10-26-11, 11:08 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Cathe's Cardio & Weights is my very favorite. I also love her Supersets.

Although it's not advanced, I also love pulling out Karen Voight's Your Personal Best with Elle Macpherson. The music, scenery, and flow of that one is just fabulous!

Looks like I need to do KCM's Circuit Burn some more. I remember liking it when I tried it, but I think I must have only done it once or twice.

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit, circuit training