Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-11, 03:43 AM  
nubiennelady

1. KCM Circuit Burn
2. Peakfit Challenge Cardio Strength 1/2
3. Your Body Breakthru Circuit (Michelle Dozois)
4. 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30
nubiennelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 07:13 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I like Circuit Burn and the older circuit workout by Michelle Dozois, Your Best Body Breakthru.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 07:20 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Kcm
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 07:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

An eighth vote for Circuit Burn! And I still have a soft spot for Kathy Smith's Full Body Circuit from the Project You set.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 07:51 AM  
JP44

Patrick Goudeau's HWC & LHB.

For a differing opinion on KCM's Circuit Burn -- I did it a few times but sold it as it didn't have much back or chest work in it. The few moves she did have torqued my shoulder. I got rid of her Bootcamp & NYC workouts as they also had questionable moves for shoulder work.

I know Kelly is considered to walk on water here at VF and I do think she does a good job running her presales but I don't think her weight work is that safe. She uses a lot of momentum & twisting moves which are a bad combination. Her combination/compound moves frequently mismatch weight for body parts--especially for shoulders.

(I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but it's my opinion & I'm entitled to state it however many times I want. )

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 08:03 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

The very old Gin Miller Reebok one.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 08:08 AM  
dela

Another KCM Circuit Burn fan, but part of why I like it is because it's "easier", however, on days when I'm so close to doing nothing, this is the DVD that I can do and still enjoy.

The hardest one for me is Patrick Goudeau Lean Hot Body, I have to be very motivated to pop this one in. And when I'm into them the Peak Fit Circuit Burn I really like (I run hot and cold on these depending on my general motivation levels).

Lately I'm in a low motivation state, so what I'm "loving" now, isn't quite the same as usual.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 08:30 AM  
Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
My favorites are Cathe's High Step Training Advanced and Paul Katami's 4x4 Bootcamp.
I love, love, love Cathe's HSTA. It's my all time favorite. So fun and so efficient!

I also like Stephanie Vitorino's high step one, Ultimate Body Shaper. This is definitely not Cathe or KCM, but there's a lot of functional corework and balance here. I finish this with a real feeling of functional fitness.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 08:51 AM  
Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Patrick Goudeau's HWC & LHB.

For a differing opinion on KCM's Circuit Burn -- I did it a few times but sold it as it didn't have much back or chest work in it. The few moves she did have torqued my shoulder. I got rid of her Bootcamp & NYC workouts as they also had questionable moves for shoulder work.

I know Kelly is considered to walk on water here at VF and I do think she does a good job running her presales but I don't think her weight work is that safe. She uses a lot of momentum & twisting moves which are a bad combination. Her combination/compound moves frequently mismatch weight for body parts--especially for shoulders.

(I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but it's my opinion & I'm entitled to state it however many times I want. )

Joan
I agree with you. She may be a "trained athlete" or "elite athlete" (apparently that's supposed to explain her form and technique issues somehow) but the fact that she doesn't mention which muscles she's working (or rather which different muscles she's recruiting through her idiosyncratic technique) leads me to suspect that she doesn't actually know much about which muscles work how during various exercises--or the possible risks involved for participants.

Breaking the received wisdom on technique with good reason is wonderful, but I expect instructors to understand THAT they're breaking it, WHY they're breaking it, and the RISKS of breaking it FOR the mass of their FOLLOWERS. I also think it's part of their job to COMMUNICATE those things during workouts, or at least somewhere on the DVD. For me, part of the professionalism involved in being a fitness instructor is educating participants, not just leading and motivating.

That said, I enjoy Kelly's personality and some of her DVDs I use a lot, e.g. RSG, 30MTF Weights, 30MTF Muscle Def. (I enjoy and use Joyce Vedral DVDs a lot too.) But I'm always very careful with my own technique and modify for their idiosyncracies in technique. I also really appreciate instructors like Cathe, Kari Anderson, and barre and pilates instructors who emphasize good form and technique.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 12:26 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Slim Series Mix it Up or Tear it Up
Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Fit Body
Valerie Waters - any

Tags
circuit, circuit training