Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-23-22, 04:33 PM  
JENILU

Question Hair Extensions

Since we are all kinda sweat buddies, hair has got to be a thing to some extent..whether it is or not, I felt to silly to ask on FB, so I am asking here, lol. About 51/2 years ago, I had really (for me) long hair, and it felt like such a part of my identity. I had to get it cut off due to a fusion where i was just unable to take care of it after (funny that I am saying this when I may have to have another surgery this year for more cervical and spinal surgery, ha!)
ANYWAYS....
Have any of you gotten hair extensions/ Either the kind you do yourself (i can only do if really easy, and I'd have to be told what kind of cut to go with it, I got bad cut last time and it looks like a tent bob, she must have been busy because she knows I don't go for that) or preferably professional- but wanting to know the outrageous investment it probably is (noone ever says).
If so, please let me know all the details, would you do it again, the pros and cons in your book. I tried to look on youtube but its mostly cheerleader types that get them, not someone that is just trying to find ways to look like herself- or atleast someone semi-healthy in the mirror (i keep going with the philosophy that if I look fairly healthy in the mirror, to myself, I will feel healthier and therefore be healthier. If I can't do anything else in life I can do that and pray. So its not just vanity, lol....anyway, I just struggle to relate to most of them.

Just wanting all the info I can get. (and how does it feel and maintenance if I sweat a lot??)
Blessings!! (I feel so silly, but am hoping for thoughts)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 04:44 PM  
Gams

I bought Cashmere Hair clip on hair extensions after seeing them on Shark Tank. They are great! I don’t wear them much anymore because I’m wearing my hair much shorter lately, but I love them and no one knew I was wearing them. Even my dense boy friend at the time couldn’t tell.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 05:39 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I bought Cashmere Hair clip on hair extensions after seeing them on Shark Tank. They are great! I don’t wear them much anymore because I’m wearing my hair much shorter lately, but I love them and no one knew I was wearing them. Even my dense boy friend at the time couldn’t tell.
Ha!!!! Oh my goodness that last part got me tickled. Were they quick and easy to put in? (clip or halo?) I may have to look them up, altho I am afraid of DIY because I have little energy for things like putting clips in perfect, etc.. Thankyou!!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 05-23-22, 05:44 PM  
Gams

They are super easy to clip in and they hold tight - no chance of them falling out. I have a good picture of me wearing them. I’ll look for it and maybe I can message it to you so you can see. Color match was perfect as well.
Old 05-23-22, 06:14 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
They are super easy to clip in and they hold tight - no chance of them falling out. I have a good picture of me wearing them. I’ll look for it and maybe I can message it to you so you can see. Color match was perfect as well.
Bless you!!!

Old 05-23-22, 06:49 PM  
Gams

Sent you a private message.
Old 05-23-22, 08:04 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
my 53 YO sister got something like these and they look great on her. she bought it for the front of her hairline because she's experiencing hair loss there and a receding hairline.

i think she wears just 1 piece, small enough to blend in with her existing hair in the front of her head. it was under $20.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 03:00 AM  
JENILU

Thankyou both so much!! Maybe if a company has a try before you buy I can see if I can handle the hassle?

Old 05-24-22, 02:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Jen, try googling it and see what people suggest just to prepare you for the terminology, the brands and the sources. for example, some salons might let you try on some of the demos. i'll bet there are reviews on youtube with demos and descriptions of potential sources.

there are many sources that help people who lost hair from medical treatments or medical conditions (i.e., alopecia, cancer, eczema). adding this to your search terms might give you more credible sources and background info.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 03:32 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Jen, try googling it and see what people suggest just to prepare you for the terminology, the brands and the sources. for example, some salons might let you try on some of the demos. i'll bet there are reviews on youtube with demos and descriptions of potential sources.

there are many sources that help people who lost hair from medical treatments or medical conditions (i.e., alopecia, cancer, eczema). adding this to your search terms might give you more credible sources and background info.
Brilliant!! Thankyou so much. Sometimes I run short on the sneeky ways to actually find what you want (and it usually takes the sneaky ways, lol)

Tags
hair