Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-22, 11:57 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I agree with Jackie, the younger Essentrics instructors are better teachers. I rarely do Classical Stretch episodes, always go for the Essentrics workouts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 03:46 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I Joni-O'd last week's This is Us.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 03:55 PM  
donnamp

On the Classical Stretch front, I have to agree, Miranda is not the best instructor, but I am used to her so her quirks don't bother me, but for someone who is interested in learning the method, I'd recommend going with Sahra (Miranda's daughter) or one of the new instructors - I like Gail Garceau, Meg Feeney, Jenny Bertrand, etc. they are fabulous. The only downside is to workout with them regularly you need to subscribe to the ETV site since these instructors mainly do Live workouts. Sahra is on DVD for sure, and I think some of the other instructors are as well - but the majority of their content is either Live on ETV or an ETV exclusive.

CS/Essentrics really works wonders for my back, hip, etc. and I'm lucky that I do enjoy it so it isn't a chore for me to do.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 09:48 AM  
carolyn jane

I gave up on a You Tube workout site - Cardio Party Mash Up Fitness. I am always looking for new, intermediate/advanced cardio workouts and thought these looked great. But I could not STAND all the commercials. I started one last week and it was interrupted four times in the first 15 minutes! You can hit "skip ads" after a few seconds, but that means I have to stop working out, walk over and change it. I know it's because of the music she is using but there are other instructors (yay for cdornerfitness!) who use music that doesn't trigger commercials. I was so frustrated I unsubscribed to her channel.
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 10:12 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
On the Classical Stretch front, I have to agree, Miranda is not the best instructor, but I am used to her so her quirks don't bother me, but for someone who is interested in learning the method, I'd recommend going with Sahra (Miranda's daughter) or one of the new instructors - I like Gail Garceau, Meg Feeney, Jenny Bertrand, etc. they are fabulous. The only downside is to workout with them regularly you need to subscribe to the ETV site since these instructors mainly do Live workouts. Sahra is on DVD for sure, and I think some of the other instructors are as well - but the majority of their content is either Live on ETV or an ETV exclusive.

CS/Essentrics really works wonders for my back, hip, etc. and I'm lucky that I do enjoy it so it isn't a chore for me to do.

Donna
I agree with this. Miranda doesn't bother me much because mostly I know what I am supposed to do, so if she messes up when she is chatting, I am already there doing it. She is very knowledgeable and she has helped a lot of people who have specific issues. I like the younger instructors as well and the ETV variety is excellent. They are doing so many live classes. I prefer DVD's and over the years have purchased them all. Last week I was having internet issues and could not log in...no worries, I have my DVD's.
Old 05-23-22, 11:16 AM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
LOL
Me, too!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 11:51 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I thought it was a beautiful episode.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 07:53 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I did a half Joni O on Michelle Dozois' Cardio Strength 2 from her Peak 10 series. The strength segments move too fast to use heavy weights, and some of the exercises move too fast to be safe (IMHO), and I didn't really feel a cardio effect either. So, what was the point of using dumbbells? Additionally, the only time the "modifier" did any modification at all was when Michelle said her name. Funny but I've had this workout for years, did the Peak 10 rotation, and these things didn't bother me. Now I need to modify and have to figure it out on my own which would be fine if I knew it in advance. I was disappointed but made it halfway through and said something colorful and yanked out the DVD. I do like Michelle but her version of 'cardio strength' doesn't seem to work for me.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 01:35 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
... I was disappointed but made it halfway through and said something colorful and yanked out the DVD. ...
Yes. The colorful language is often an integral part of Joni'Oing a video!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 02:33 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
LOL
Me, too!
I did a lot of fast forwarding. I usually start crying about 5 minutes into each of the latest episodes. There were a few things I didn't like about this episode, but I did like the whole train setting and loved the last frame of the episode.

The last workout I Joni O'd was Jessica's latest 5K walk but that's because Purple Player wasn't cooperating with Roku. I need to just get Purple Player on my Roku instead of streaming from my iPad.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joni o, joni-o, joni-o a video, jonio a workout