Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-20-22, 09:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Friday Funny for my Friends (at least those of a certain age!):

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 10:27 PM  
YogaGal

Yesterday I was just lazy and never did get around to a workout.

Today – Kelly Coffey Meyer’s Workout #2 from Cardio Quick Fix dvd
AND Yoga with Kassandra’s 15 min Morning Yoga for Hips WATER ELEMENT.

Happy Early Birthday to me! My birthday is a month away, but yesterday I ordered the whole set of Jessica’s new dvds. The price was good for the quantity and variety of workouts. I have only ordered TWO dvds in the past 2+ years (KCM’s newest), so I figured new strength, fusion, & cardio workouts will be good for me. The delivery date was originally Tuesday, the 24th, but I got an email today that they will be delivered tomorrow!

Beth: It’s good that your office can be painted in the summer while you’re not working. I’m sure you’ll get organized again in August. Thanks for sharing your school's TikTok link. I only got on Tik Tok to follow Kassandra, and later Bird and a few others. But I seldom think to look at it.

Pat: Yes, I’ve been doing KCMs here and there since I know I’ll be busy doing new Jessica workouts soon. LOL about “6 minutes for 60 year old plan." While I like doing regular squats, I have zero desire to do pistol squats!

Pam: I received an Amazon gift card for Christmas, and since Jessica thought her new dvds would be ready in late winter or spring, I saved it for that purchase and finally got to use it! I think your focus on strength work sounds good; I generally prefer strength to cardio. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about a couple of the new Jessica workouts. I like that she is paying some attention to joints in the walking warmup.

Paine: I think that Jessica's Stretch & Relax DVD will be good; I like that it has 5 options with times ranging from 14 to 18 minutes. You are getting in some good walks with your grandson.

cyana: Hope you have some time for sleep and doing some fun activities next week.
Old 05-20-22, 11:18 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~ETV: Dyan’s live from May 10
~Jessica’s Total Body Circuit: Workout 2, 38 min - This was just what I hoped it would be, I really liked it! It does have a fair amount of lunges & squats & some compound moves, but they were quite doable. I modified the push-ups by doing them at my barre.
~Jessica’s Stretch & Relax: Release - This was okay, but I preferred yesterday’s Recover segment.
~Supported Yin poses….quad, QL, shoulder, & hip focus. Finished with half saddle.

So far, the new Jessica set is a hit!

Carolyn - I hope you the new set!

Beth - I’m not on Tik Tok, don’t think I can do another social media platform, lol.

Paine - Aw your walk with your grandson sounds so nice!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 08:31 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I'm not on TikTok either and never will be (well, not of my own accord anyway, haha) - I refuse to even consider that or Twitter. But you can view things (on both platforms) without being a member; you just can't like or comment.

Happy Saturday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-21-22, 10:00 AM  
Twigs

Happy Saturday to all!

On Thursday I drove over to Wales for my quarterly health check-up, so didn't have a lot of time to get in a workout and felt like a rest day anyway!

Yesterday was:
- ETV - Julia Bentz 45 minute class. She's a new instructor on the streaming and seemed pleasant.
- Short Neighbourhood wWalk
- Katy Bowman Walking Well Bonus Flow
- Tara Styles - End of Day Yoga Wind Down

Today:
- Jessica's Walk a 5K - I did the Warm-up and Mile 1. Some of the music tracks were really good and I was able to make some of the moves more dancy, using different arms to jazz it up a bit.
- Jessica's Fusion Flow & Glow - Fusion Flow Sculpt I used a glider but you really wouldn't need one to get in an effective workout. I tried all the moves without, just as an experiment.
- Jessica's Stretch & Relax - Rise. Loved this one too.
- Walk through fields and villages local to us.

I pondered whether to buy Jessica's full set for a whole day and in the end decided to go for it. Like Pam, I love variety and lately I've been doing the same old programs and while they're effective, can get a bit boring! I also think I'd benefit from getting back into weight training and shaking things up a bit. My birthday is coming up soon too Carolyn, - Happy Early Birthday to you! - and DH said he'd treat me, which was an offer I couldn't refuse! Sandra, have you received your DVDs yet? I'm looking forward to hearing all your reviews of all the different classes. Edit: I just read your latest reviews Pam. I'm pleased it's a hit so far. I feel the same way.

Paine - Thanks for letting me know about Reacher Season 2. I think I'll do the same and read the book first just to refresh my memory.

Pat - I had to look up pistol squats. You're a mighty warrior woman. I don't think I'd be able to do of those! Your DH is a cheeky monkey - 6 for 60.

Beth - 2 months of vacation sounds awesome. Do you have any plans this summer?

Cyana - Hurrah for having a week off work. Hope you have some nice weather to enjoy it.

Wishing you all a fun weekend.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 11:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! Just in from my weekly treat of shopping at the organic coop and then relaxing and reading at the vegan cafe. Yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 20
~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W2D4
~ Lunch walk
~ Ellen Barrett Stretch 360
~ 8,626 steps

The Ellen was a sweet little practice good for end of day, with a very pretty set. The words didn't sync with her lips, but I got over it.

Margot, did you opt for Jessica's DVDs or digital? I'd like to visit Wales, but not for a doctor visit. I hope everything went well.

LOL - Beth, you stretched out the page. I tried TikTok and backed out - couldn't figure it out! Twitter - nope. Just because. If you can give me any tips on how to navigate TikTok I might try again, there are some cooks and cleaning inspiration ladies I want to follow.

Happy pre-birthday, Carolyn. Sounds like you lucked out with the Jessicas, I've been reading that they're delayed or out of stock for a lot of people.

Waves everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 03:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Oh, Pat, I have no TikTok tips at all! I just went on and searched for the name of our office to find our account, and I looked at a few other things that came up, but that was all.

Margot, the 2 months of annual leave always flies by! DH & I are traveling to Boston the first week of June for one of my niece's high school graduation. Other than than, no plans - I'll be teaching yoga, including resuming the Mind-Body-Brew series my friend and I teach starting next weekend.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-21-22, 08:01 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

No workout yesterday -- usual weekly rest day.

My two new Jessica Smith DVDs arrived this afternoon! So for

Today's Workout: I started with the Upper Body Series from Split Session Strength. Liked this one a lot! Slower pace, lots of chest and back, no ab work at all. I then chose to do Relax from Stretch + Relax. I liked but didn't "lurve" it -- a couple of the stretches were awkward for my compromised knees.

I appreciate hearing everyone else's impressions of Jessica's new set.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 08:03 PM  
JustSandra

Beth: Great Friday Funny!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 08:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today was a rest day of sorts…
~long relaxing walk through the neighbourhood & trails. It was lovely, sunny day.
~yin with a hip, quad, QL, chest opener focus, finished with supported fish

I also appreciate hearing mat maven reviews of Jessica's new set!

Pat - Count me out of both Tik Tok & Twitter too, not interested. But I do enjoy FB & Instagram.

Beth - I’d love to go to a Mind, Body, Brew yoga class!

Margot - Julia’s ETV class is definitely on my radar, maybe tomorrow.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote