Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-19-22, 10:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[B]Good morning!

Yesterday:

37 minute outdoor walk
120 kettlebell swings (2 x 60)

Kind of rainy this morning so I'll see if I get a walk in today or not.

PAT, yes I heard about that heat wave coming in

DIANE, good workouts and bike ride. I'm sure I mentioned here before I got attacked twice by bluejays while minding my own business walking in the park. They screamed and dove right for my hair.
I screamed and ran. I guess I inadvertently was near a nest.

We have knowledgeable animal lovers here so I have a question. We have tons of deer in my neighborhood and a woods right behind my backyard. When I stepped out my side door last night to bring out some recyclables I notice a tiny newborn fawn right outside my door on some pavers amidst all the recycling bins. Not a very comfortable spot for mama to give birth but there you have it. The poor thing didn't move and DS said mama should be back to feed it. Well the poor thing is still lying there today all huddled against the house because it got rather cold and rainy last night. I read the mother comes back to feed it but it's usually gone in 10 hours. It's still here and I don't know if mama abandoned it or I should give her a little more time. I don't want to call animal control too soon but if I wait too long and it's abandoned then it'll die Any insights?

Waves to DONNA & PAM.

Have a wonderful day everyone![B]
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 11:08 AM  
donnamp

I'm sorry for being MIA - between work and my home improvement projects, I have been swamped!

Anyway.....

Yesterday I just walked - I did a dog walk at "lunch" and an evening walk w/ my DD.

Today, so far, nada.

I just don't have it in me to get up early, rush to workout before the contractors arrive. I would do a workout this evening but I'm supposed to meet two co-workers for dinner.

Things should wrap up next week. They are going to finish tiling today and tomorrow, then paint on Tuesday - and I imagine finish up by the end of next week.

Then will get back on track w/ workouts!

Summer Breeze - I suggest that if you could find one, to call a local wildlife rescue, they may be able to help. My Golden once caught a bird and injured it and our local wildlife rescue helped us out - the bird was even saved and released back into the wild.

Oh, I did receive a conditional offer that is pending a financial/criminal background check - which I expect to pass. It is funny that I am an internal candidate and have to go through this but I guess they have been burned before. So I am holding off on saying anything to my boss until I have a firm offer - hopefully by the end of the week, end of next week. I have only been in this position for 4 years.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 03:56 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

Today we went to the Berkshires, Great Barrington, to a fabulous Swiss/French bakery. They sell out super fast and since I got my workout done before 7am, off we went! We got some great bread and some super yummy treats. They are pricey so I'm glad it's an hour and a half from home - no temptations!

Today’s Workouts:
Pushups
BE Good n Strong – Upper Body, 2nd program
Joanie Greggains Leaner Legs (floor work)
Tamilee’s Challenge – 3 sets of 10 lower ab lifts
Lesley’s Yoga for Sciatica – great even when no flareups!
Afternoon: 10 minute ab workout then a Bad Yogi short practice

Pat: I so miss Lesley. Her husband and one of her sons took over the practice but it’s not the same – how could it be? Robins – two of the fledglings flew off early this afternoon and one is left in the nest. I’m hoping mom and dad don’t forget about this little one! Now I’m worried!

Summer Breeze: Call a wildlife rehabber. I’ve done that many times, most recently when I found an abandoned nest of young bunnies. They will know exactly what to do. Poor baby.

Donna: Good luck with the background check – I guess they have to do their due diligence, which is probably smart on their part. Have fun at dinner tonight!

Waves to Pam! She must be off having a fun week!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

No formal workout yesterday - I am hoping to get something in at "lunch" today - it may be too warm mid-day for a dog walk - but maybe I'll do something indoors.

My bathroom work is coming along, but I'm ready for them to be done and to have my morning routine back.

Jessica's new set is showing as "out of stock" for me....hopefully it will be back soon so I can order.....if not, I may just get the digital version.

I can't do them right now anyway - so I don't mind waiting a reasonable amount of time, LOL!

Now - off to get more coffee! LOL!

Donna
Old 05-20-22, 09:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Kept it low key yesterday - the DOMS in my quads from Cee's pistol squats reached epic proportions. After work I kept rubbing them with arnica and rested with a heating pad over my lap, tea and a book. In the morning I managed:

~ Kassandra Yin Yoga & Affirmations for Health
~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 19
~ 3,737 gimps for the day

My DH is really cute. I told him about the 40-4-40 plan and he told me "But you need a 6 minutes for 60 year old plan."

Summer Breeze, oh no. If the mother hasn't come back I recommend asking around about wildlife rescuers. They are licensed by type of animal - you might find a list on the NJ Dept. of Environment website. Or call Animal Control, they may know what to do. What has happened since you posted?

Donna, that's too bad about your new set being held up. Ugh, here comes the heat!

Sounds like a nice bakery, Diane. Whenever we were near Queens we'd drive to our old bakery. Sometimes we would meet people who also drove in from CT. The bird should be okay, there's always a runt. Fingers crossed!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 09:51 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Since we’re going to be in a massive heatwave tomorrow – 90 degrees+ and humidity, we made sure to get out today. I wasn’t in the mood for biking so walked instead. Beautiful cool day but very humid!

Today’s workouts:
Jenny Ford Step – from Amazon Prime
Tamilee’s Challenge – 4 sets of 10 – Chest Flys, Tricep Dips, Reverse Ab Lifts, Bird Dogs
Quickie 10 minute yoga stretch
Walk in park: 2.67 mile walk while DH ran
Afternoon: Getting my second Covid booster at 3pm so we’ll see how I feel.

Donna: It’s almost over and you’ll have a new bathroom!

Pat: Good news on the baby. He/she was still there this morning and then I saw a shadow flying by and mom or dad was there with a big worm ready to feed! I was so relieved! This bakery made a matcha amaretti cookie that was to die for! My husband wants to go back and get a dozen! LOL!

Summer Breeze: Any news on the fawn?

Waves to Pam! Wish me luck on my second booster. I have my Tylenol ready post-booster!

Diane
Old 05-20-22, 09:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday DD and I spent the day monitoring our fawn by the side of the house. I did some research and it seemed best not to interfere at first. We did see mama in the woods in the morning watching so we knew the fawn wasn't abandoned. He was huddled by the house foundation and I felt bad but it's the way it is with newborns. He was crying in the afternoon and when I checked he looked stuck in the fence. Mama was on the other side and it seemed he was trying to reach her. I was going to call animal control to help the fawn get out of the fence but he was apparently just resting because a little while later mama figured out how to get to our yard and they trotted off together. So sweet.

PAT, thanks for your suggestions. I saw the video you posted on the Barefoot check-in. I lurk over there sometimes. That's exactly how things unfolded here so I'm glad I didn't intervene too soon

DIANE, thanks for your suggestion too. I'm glad things resolved in due course

DONNA,it's nice to know the bird was rescued and released. These rescue organizations do wonderful work. Exciting news about the job offer and the renovations being done soon.

Hi PAM.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 10:27 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Summer Breeze, DOH I guess I posted to the wrong check-in. Thanks for reporting and I'm so happy things went well! Thank you for caring.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 01:12 PM  
amoodygirl

Just an FYI - I am now a REAL Empty-Nester! The last baby, after being fed this morning, took off to the skies! We had 3 babies!

I cleaned up and now am waiting for the next family to park on my porch.

My husband thinks I'm insane. That's OK. I'm harmless!

Diane
Old 05-21-22, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

The tile guy had to come today to finish up - so no workout this morning. I'm definitely feeling the effects of being more sedentary.....so I hope to get something in this afternoon.

Yesterday at "lunch" I did a short Burpee Girl workout w/ weights - it actually made me sore! I think it is the style of workout - it is more endurance based.

I am thinking of following one of the Essentrics challenges - and adding on some walks or short strength workouts.

I still haven't been able to order Jessica's DVDs!! I am glad the sale is extended to June 30th, hopefully I can order before then. They show out of stock for me. I may end up just ordering digital. I have time to decide....

My background check came back clear, so I should be getting a formal offer soon and then I have to tell my boss....but I think it will be a good move. Nervous as always about change but I am hoping for a better work-life balance and less chaos.

On the wild life front - rabbits are invading my DH's vegetable garden. I'm surprised, we usually don't get rabbits in our yard b/c of our dogs...but I have seen some here and there and I guess they feel the garden is worth the risk.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga