Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-13-22, 06:02 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I just did Day 5 Arms and Abs, which was great! The ab section was non-stop and a great little add on to other workouts. I fell a little behind schedule but like being able to listen to her intro the night before and preview the exercise list. If I do it as she’s releasing, I don’t have time in the morning to do it since I work out before work.
I'm more behind than you Kathy and perfectly fine with it. I get up at 5 to get ready for work. I wish I could workout before work. I will do day 4 tomorrow. Those manmakers at the end will be tough. I'll be happy if I can do 2 to 3 repts! I used to be sto strong and could do manmakers. I'm learning to accept where I'm at now. I like previewing too, so I can mentally prepare and just know what's coming. I will do day 5 on Saturday! i really can't believe such high quality workouts are offered on youtube at no cost to me! #winningwithCGrightnow
Old 04-13-22, 06:39 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Hmmm. I've been bored lately, and I think I'll give Caroline a try. I'm looking for complete upper body workouts. I didn't spend much time looking, but does she have many? I found one so far.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 07:48 PM  
Helen

You can search within someone's YouTube site - to the far right of the
Home Videos Playlists Community.... line.
I seached for "upper body" and found these.
contain Upper Body
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 08:54 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I did Iron Series Day 1: Legs. I LOVED this workout! This is the type of weight workout that I always wanted from Cathe. I used 30"s (only twice I think), 25's, and 15's. The pace allows you to work on form and to focus on the muscles being worked. My heart rate got quite high a few times and I took extra time to rest. I am just getting back into a routine after a couple of months off and on. I wanted to do a cardio workout after, but I was too tired after this workout. This workout and the workouts that I've previewd in week 1, will allow one to increase weights over time. Super excited for the Iron Series!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I previewed this workout and like it very much. I, too have been looking for a slow paced lower body workout using dumbells where I can really heavy up over time. Going slow like that really allows you to work on your form if you struggle with that on faster reps (like I do).
I too liked this workout alot. It was a good pace. Not too fast and not overly long breaks like Lift with Cee. I don't think I am going to do this program 5 times a week (I am doing another program and walking) but I like this style and will probably do this 3 days/week.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-22, 07:19 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
You can search within someone's YouTube site - to the far right of the
Home Videos Playlists Community.... line.
I seached for "upper body" and found these.
contain Upper Body
Thanks. I'm looking for a complete UB workout rather than just some muscle groups per workout, but they should all be in that group. I might try one today.
Old 04-14-22, 03:23 PM  
jackie7

I love that her workout times don't include a warm up or cool down. So you know that the workout times are actually reflecting the workout time.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-22, 05:53 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I too liked this workout alot. It was a good pace. Not too fast and not overly long breaks like Lift with Cee. I don't think I am going to do this program 5 times a week (I am doing another program and walking) but I like this style and will probably do this 3 days/week.
I've tried Lift with Cee and while I like her and think on weeks that I just want to keep my muscles worked, she is great. The long rests drove me nuts though. I also think she is great for anyone new to weight lifting or looking to maintain. I could see myself using Lift with Cee if I want to include 2 full cardio days as most of her workouts are done 3 to 4 times a week.
Old 04-14-22, 05:57 PM  
gigi

I have to say that I really liked the 9 minute warm up from Heat. It felt very complete and more dynamic. Today I did day 4, Full Body Circuit. It was such a nice change of pace from the full body circuits that I usually do. Caroline's is done at a slower pace with heavier weights, yet the heart rate does get up there. Of course my "heavy" weights were not as heavy as CG's "light" weights. The finisher was killer and I didn't complete half the reps that blond little beast did (said with a little jealousy, but mostly admiration). So far, the Iron Series continues to be a hit for me.

I'm not sure I could or would want to do her other programs at this point. I just cannot do HiiT cardio in a heavy lifting workout. Nope, nada, no can do.
Old 04-14-22, 06:00 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Thanks. I'm looking for a complete UB workout rather than just some muscle groups per workout, but they should all be in that group. I might try one today.
I don't see complete upper body workouts. I see them grouped by chest & triceps, back & biceps, and shoulders.
Old 04-14-22, 07:21 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I don't see complete upper body workouts. I see them grouped by chest & triceps, back & biceps, and shoulders.
I thought I saw a couple and was going to try one this morning, but I got bored by her standing there talking for 5 minutes about what she was going to do.

Tags
caroline girvan, girvan, peripheral heart action, youtube channels, youtube instructors