Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-22, 04:49 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Never cried before starting Peloton. So many emotional classes. Plus I am recovering from a near fatal car accident so I cry easily these days.
I'm so sorry to hear of your accident. I'm glad you're still with us and on the mend. Sending you wishes for a full recovery.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 04:51 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Yep. I cried like a baby working out to one of Miranda's Classical Stretch workouts where "Meditation from Thais" for violin by Jules Massenet was played. It brought back memories of my oldest son who perfected that piece on violin, performed it beautifully in a recital and he also played it privately for my mother-in-law when she was in bed dying of cancer. My mother-in-law had been in terrible pain and later she told me she felt no pain when he played that piece for her. He was 9 years old. Makes me cry every time I hear that song.
I just got teary eyed reading this! I'm sure your MIL was very touched and grateful that your son played that song just for her.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 05:22 PM  
Leonana

All the posts are so touching. I had the most tears during Jessica's video about Peanut. Then for a few videos afterwards, I choked up a bit when I did an older you tube workout with Peanut. It reminded me of my fur babies who have passed on.
Old 03-02-22, 05:48 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
More recently, Jessica Smith on YouTube crying as she works out, about Peanut.
Awww. Which workout is that?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 06:08 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I remember a Christi Taylor hi-lo video where one of the backgrounders got ill and died the next day. It was hard to do that video after knowing about that.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 07:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

So many moving stories!

I get very sad when I do a workout by Seasun Zieger since she ended her own life. She seemed to be such a gentle and vibrant spirit.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 08:01 PM  
rykram

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
So many moving stories!

I get very sad when I do a workout by Seasun Zieger since she ended her own life. She seemed to be such a gentle and vibrant spirit.
I feel the same. I saw something on twitter that brought me to her profile. I still can’t believe what happened. I had interacted with her a few times because we have kids with similar ages.

I often wonder how her boys are today.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 10:12 PM  
dnna

lilias Folan = Lillias Yoga PBS teacher. I broke down inconsolable . She reminds me so much of my mother- her size, hair, face-just very similar to my mother. I just cannot do her workouts. Especially her kindness.gets right to my broken heart.

donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-22, 09:00 AM  
kat999

I actually had to stop doing Ali MacGraw Yoga Mind & Body (with Eric Schiffman) because of the end of shavasana when he says "for love is what's left when you let go of everything you don't need." It just makes me completely sob.

It's a beautiful sentiment, and I still think of it often, but I just can't handle the flood of emotions after a yoga practice.
Old 03-03-22, 09:17 AM  
sherry7899

Yoga gets me emotional.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emotional workouts, yoga emotional