Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-16-22, 10:55 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thank you, Tammie! I'm sure it helps that it is HER idea to go! She realizes, too, she needs to have a sale since she's taking the basics and there's so much of my dad's things there yet that needs to go. It'll be sad, though, to see all the stuff go. They had some of those things since Day 1 of their marriage!! I guess you get to that point that she feels it's ok to let some things go... She slept in her guest bed the last few nights to make sure that mattress will be ok to take since it's smaller than her king in her main BR! I thought that was a good idea. Nothing worse than sleeping on a smaller mattress and one that doesn't feel as good either!

Elsie, I will be going thru my parents' stuff too, packing for a move, etc., so we're twins!

Helen, don't sweat it...we all have weeks that are worse than others. When does your DH get home?

Hope everyone is hanging in there!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-22, 12:53 PM  
amg

Sorry that I went MIA this month. Crazy stuff happened at DH's job and we decided to make some major life decisions. We are listing our house for sale since the market is selling super fast and prices are high in our area. We had been contemplating moving for a few months but his job was our main reason for staying. I feel like his job changes gave us the courage (even though part of me is still nervous) to make changes we want but were afraid to make.

So, we have been crazy busy cleaning up around the house and making it ready to list. Now, we are just waiting to see what happens with the house.

AMD - Glad your mom is going to AL. I understand the sadness in it too so hope the transition goes well for both of you.

Elsie - I feel your pain with getting rid of stuff. We are downsizing a ton so hoping we can sell some furniture with our house.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Old 02-17-22, 06:57 PM  
Elsie

Best of luck with it AMD! That is a major shift for your Mom and I commend her moving forward ... not easy to come to such a decision!! We are going back over to the condo tonight. Big Sigh! Lol. I hope she isn't a semi-hoarder like FIL.
April, yes takes so much courage to accept that things won't work and something needs to change right? I'm wishing you every success in selling your home! We are looking for something when we buy with some furniture as it'll be easier to quarantine after the trip. So, there are definitely people who would want that. Makes things easier. Will you be moving very far?
ASAS, hope you feeling a bit better?

Hello All!
Just a quickie here as a very busy week. Take good care.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-22, 11:58 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, congrats on completing your rotation and for such great results!!

AMD, I see the sadness in it too. But as you said, it is good that she took the desicion, so she doesn't feel obligated to do so. I hope everything goes smoothly for her and that she will like her new place.

April, sending good vibes your way, I hope everything goes well for the sale and future projects.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 12:00 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Elsie, sending good vibes your way too, I hope you'll find the perfect place, and things keep going well with all the rest. // Thanks for thinking on me

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 02-18-22, 12:03 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

It was supposed to be one post, but I keep getting the 500 error every time I try to post.

Waves! Take care you all.

Old 02-18-22, 11:45 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thank you, ladies! I'll be anxious to see how my mom will do at the new place. She is loving the fact that she can just push a button when she needs help with something (as opposed to calling one of us and waiting till we get there, LOL).

Elsie, that is really hard when there is so much "stuff" to go thru. When my parents moved to this condo, they had an estate sale then and got rid of quite a lot, and in fact, we are since wondering if my mom has enough FOR an estate sale! My sister thinks they can just have a garage sale to sell everything.....we'll see....

April, thanks so much for checking in!! Wow, big decisions have been made and you will have lots of changes. I sure hope everything goes smoothly and you will be very happy. Have you found a house yet and if so, is it very far from where you are now? [Will you be moving from the ideal weather conditions???]

ASAS, sorry about the 500 errors...that's maddening!

I wish our other MIA's would check in to let us know they are ok......

Have a great weekend, everyone!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 12:53 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Still getting the dreaded 500 error, I was trying to update in my "progress"... Still sick, though. I will post more when the system would let me.

Old 02-18-22, 01:11 PM  
T2B

Happy Friday everyone!

We got snow, not a lot, just the neighborhood streets were a mess this morning. Interstate and access roads are in great condition.

AMD - It’s great that your Mom has you and your sister to help her transition to the ALF. I hope it goes well and that she loves it, with as much social activity as she wants. I know it’s sad for all, your Mom sounds like she is so practical about the matter.

amg - good luck with your house sale and move! Lots of change ahead for you and your family.

Elsie - Hi!

ASAS - the dreaded 500 error. Ugh, I find that sometimes when I get that error that if I omit bold text and color that I’m able to post. It’s so random though. Sorry you are are still dealing with your cold. No worries if you can’t start the rotation on the day you thought you would. I’m going to start on Sunday or Monday. I have a 3 day weekend ahead so plan to lie around and do nothing this weekend…

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 02:01 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Feb-17/ Just a quick update, when I started to feel better from the cold, a throat infection kicked in, in full forced, it started around Sunday night, by the next day it was awful, making it painful to swallow even water, I could feel in my ears too. Last night was the first night I could sleep a bit, the cough and the pain made it impossible at first. I went to the doctor yesterday, kind of a waste of time since he took a test for the lab, and told me he would call when he gets it back if I need antibiotics, so he told me to keep taking Tylenol or Advil for the pain, water salt gargle, which I was already doing, I am also taking honey and my SO got me Betadine spray for the throat at the Pharmacy. I did two covid test, three days apart from each other, and thankfully they were both negative. So there is that.

Feb-18/ I woke up with a little stye today.

Feb-19/ the stye is bigger today.

Tags
just the workouts