Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-21, 05:20 PM  
wendug

I brought my Wave out of storage and did Rock it Off! today. Now I remember why I put it away. When I use it in the curved up position the Wave tends to inch sideways a bit. I think if I use the Wave more and get used to it I would probably enjoy it more. I'm going to cycle through the Wave workouts I have and maybe it will grow on me. Some of the workout gave me flashes of the BSS2 system with the stick, where the gadget isn't used, but they incorporate it into the workout by dancing around the gadget.
Old 11-06-21, 11:29 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I brought my Wave out of storage and did Rock it Off! today. Now I remember why I put it away. When I use it in the curved up position the Wave tends to inch sideways a bit. I think if I use the Wave more and get used to it I would probably enjoy it more. I'm going to cycle through the Wave workouts I have and maybe it will grow on me. Some of the workout gave me flashes of the BSS2 system with the stick, where the gadget isn't used, but they incorporate it into the workout by dancing around the gadget.
I almost got one, but after reading reviews that it moved, I worried that I might injure myself. Be careful!
Old 11-06-21, 11:43 AM  
Karla25

Today was Vol. 2 with Janet Jones-Gretzky. I think my new favorite sentence is "Pyramid to lighter weights." Vol 2 is a 65 minute mixed impact workout. I followed it with Rodney Yee's Forward Folds from his A.M. Yoga for YOUR WEEK.

Here are some short clips with our lead instructor, Janet:

Janet's Wedding

Janet in Dance Fever

Wayne & Janet Gretsky Christmas Card Video
Old 11-06-21, 05:19 PM  
wendug

The Firm- Ultimate Calorie Blaster

I find I reach for workouts that Stephanie leads quite often. She is a great instructor and very motivating. I know her Powerfit workouts have been mentioned in this thread but I don't have any of these workouts. What level are they and where can they be purchased? TIA!
Old 11-06-21, 05:22 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I almost got one, but after reading reviews that it moved, I worried that I might injure myself. Be careful!
I got my Wave system for $15 through Craigslist along with 2 DVD's. I bought 2 other workouts for it from Ebay. So I'm not out much money for it. I use lighter weights with this system as I'm concentrating more on the moves on the Wave so I don't trip!
Old 11-06-21, 06:41 PM  
Venus

My workout on Friday was:

The Firm: Dangerous Curves Ahead with Alison Davis

Yoga with Adriene: Fundamentals of Ease 34 min

PsycheTruth: Stretches for Hand & Arm Pain Relief with Jen Hilman ~10 min

For the Firm workout, I used 5 lb. weights and did not use a resistance loop. I just created my own resistance by contracting the muscles; it worked pretty well. I got a sip of water while they set up with the loop.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 07:13 PM  
MoFirmer

I find if I use my wave on a short piece of yoga mat it doesn't move around. Hope that helps!!!
Old 11-06-21, 07:28 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
I find if I use my wave on a short piece of yoga mat it doesn't move around. Hope that helps!!!
Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try.
Old 11-06-21, 10:31 PM  
lizh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
The Firm- Ultimate Calorie Blaster

I find I reach for workouts that Stephanie leads quite often. She is a great instructor and very motivating. I know her Powerfit workouts have been mentioned in this thread but I don't have any of these workouts. What level are they and where can they be purchased? TIA!
The Powerfit are only 20 minutes and I would say they are beginner level. There are 3 sets:
1. Powerfit - which has 5 workouts on 5 dvds
2. Powerfit Harmony - has 10 workouts on 10 dvds
3. Powerfit Plus - has 2 workouts and I think it is really hard to find.

I bought the first 2 sets used on Ebay, but I think you can get them new on Amazon, too. Good luck! They are great for when you are getting back into exercise or for a low energy day.
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 12:53 PM  
kat999

For those who worry about the Wave, yes, put it on a yoga mat, especially if you're using it on carpet or very slick hard floors.

I did Hi-Def Sculpt yesterday, which is one of my favorites, as it has no cardio and you can go really heavy if you want. Annie cues you to use medium weights through the whole workout, even though she has light ones at the ready. I actually use light, medium, AND heavy (heavy in lieu of holding two mediums in one hand). The cueing on this one is a little imperfect, but it's nice to do a relatively short (45 minute) pure high-rep, no cardio workout. She also has you stretch between many of the segments, which shortens the cooldown.

I'm going to do Jiggle Free Arms today, and probably after yesterday's workout my arms will need a break after that. I'll probably do some cardio tomorrow.

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm