Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-21, 09:10 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Patrick Goudeau recently posted a photo on Instagram that included himself, Rob Glick and Jay Blahnik. I commented that I missed the old G-Force workouts and that the three of them should do one. I doubt it will happen, but I will continue to hope.
I so wish Super Step was on DVD, one of my absolute favorite step workouts!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 09:17 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I would love a 20-20-20 workout. 20 minutes cardio, 20 minutes strength and 20 minutes stretch/flexibility. This can come from Cathy, Kelly, Patrick Goudeau or Michelle Dozois.
There is actually a DVD like that, but not from instructors you mentioned.

3-in-1 Total Body Fitness with Desi Barlett https://www.amazon.com/3-1-Total-Bod.../dp/B00116RCVW

The reviews are not so glorious, but I like it, the cardio is fun, intensity wise, I would say about Kathy Smith Cardio Timesaver Workout 1, the strength portion (it is more toning than strength imo), it uses 5 pounds, most exercises are compound moves and a few isolations exercises, the stretch is pretty good imo. I did the whole thing recently and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 10:05 PM  
bfit

Wasn't the old Kathy Smith Moving Through Menopause workout 20-20-20 like that? I seem to remember cardio, strength, and stretch in that one.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-21, 02:07 AM  
laurawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
Jessica Smith: Another step workout like the one on Burn Fat & Have Fun.

Cathe: Another P30 set. Step for the cardio, moderate weights instead of heavy, and using a band in the mobility workout.

Leisa Hart: Another Fit to the Core workout with the bar. I do realize I'm probably the only person on the planet who's asking for this...
re: Cathe P30. You can make this 'moderate' if you want. I find the weights section moderate, for example. I'd prefer that she go even heavier!

Personally, I wish Cathe would release another strength split series (like STS) that incorporates a new variety of intensity techniques to the lifts.
laurawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-21, 09:01 AM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurawd View Post
re: Cathe P30. You can make this 'moderate' if you want. I find the weights section moderate, for example. I'd prefer that she go even heavier!

Personally, I wish Cathe would release another strength split series (like STS) that incorporates a new variety of intensity techniques to the lifts.
Well sure, I can modify, but I think moderate weights work better in the 30 minute format, especially trying to do the whole upper body. If it were a split, I could get more behind heavy.

And I'd be down for another STS type series as well, but maybe on a less grand (less expensive) scale!
Old 10-21-21, 10:03 AM  
BigBadBetty

I want Jessica Smith to make Lift & Shift Lite. It would be similar except no workout would be over 30 minutes. Maybe add weight and reduce reps to do it? I really liked a lot of workouts, but I only have so much time. I need time to do cardio, my physical therapy exercises, and live the rest of my life.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-21, 12:06 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I would love a 20-20-20 workout. 20 minutes cardio, 20 minutes strength and 20 minutes stretch/flexibility. This can come from Cathy, Kelly, Patrick Goudeau or Michelle Dozois.
Kathy Smith's Instant Workout had that format. I think she posted all 3 segments to Vimeo. Cathe's Body Max was 20 minutes each of step, circuits and upper body; when I got it on DVD, I used to do just the step and upper body.

I'd like to see someone do a system similar to Drop 2 Sizes, but without all the cringey body talk! Or a Butt Bible that doesn't have to be put on mute.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-21, 12:15 PM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBetty View Post
I want Jessica Smith to make Lift & Shift Lite. It would be similar except no workout would be over 30 minutes. Maybe add weight and reduce reps to do it? I really liked a lot of workouts, but I only have so much time. I need time to do cardio, my physical therapy exercises, and live the rest of my life.
I'd be interested in something like this - Lift & Shift Lite - with 20-30 minute workouts.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-21, 03:12 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBetty View Post
That sounds good!
Old 10-21-21, 06:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
I'd be interested in something like this - Lift & Shift Lite - with 20-30 minute workouts.
I would too. More than 30 minutes of challenging lifting or cardio isn't happening at my house anymore.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout wishes