Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-15, 02:59 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Well, our entire 20 square mile county has maybe 2200 people, total. And that includes the nursing home people. So not much of an untapped market.

I do wish I had the money cause I'd buy the gym and put some upgrades in it, but alas, with putting one child through collage, and another on tap, I have no money to buy a gym.
I see your point
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 04:59 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I used to live in a rural area which I thought had no gyms, but there was a community college a few miles away that had a gym outsiders could use for a fee. The local high school might be another choice.
Old 08-16-15, 04:59 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I also really like systems like STS and Body Beast. I'd like to suggest the Daily Burn Live to Fail series. It's streaming, but Ben Booker is amazing and the workouts are tough! It's a 90 day program with 2 phases. They also have suggested menus for each day. I've only done 2 of the workouts so far but they were really super - Chest and Back and Pillars of Strength 1. Neither of these was over 40 minutes but they were tough! Ben is really motivating and the background people aren't over the top. You can sign up for a free month to see if you like it. I tried Daily Burn last year and wasn't crazy about the website, but they've made some good changes.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 05:10 PM  
rhbrand

Thanks! I might check them out. I'm planning on doing STS starting next week so maybe when I'm done with Cathe.

I was really hoping Beachbody would put out Body Beast 2. Not sold yet on Hammer and Chisel( oh that name )
Old 08-16-15, 06:36 PM  
Sharaz

On dvd for overall muscle building only Body Beast and STS IMO I also wish for a BB2.

You can learn and get ideas from bodybuilders routines. Then set rotations with dvd's. Erin Stern and Nicole Wilkins competes in the FIGURE category. This category requires more muscle development. Erin's Elite Body program is very good. I completed it and was very pleased. For example, then look range is 10, then look for a dvd workouts that falls on this rep range. Just throwing some ideas

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/erin...s-trainer.html

Edge Booty Extreme style of training is different. I believe girls can build muscle on the glutes do to high volume of training of this specific area and by extending the program longer without jumping to the Burn phase. There is cardio, but is low intensity and short for fat loss purpose. Gaining muscle on the entire body is not the goal. The girls that competes in bikini train glutes and shoulder to a higher degree than other body parts. There are girls on the FB page that dropped a great amount of weight so far, but the reason is that they started overweight. Changing their nutrition and adding the intensity of the workouts caused the rapid fat loss. The background exercises which are Edge Team members have great muscle development.

Tags
body beast, heavy lifting, sts