Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-31-22, 05:55 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Barefoot & On the Mat August 2022: Hot August Nights!

Welcome to the monthly Barefoot & On the Mat (aka Mat Mavens) check-in for August 2022!

We are a small, cozy, and welcoming group who perform a wide variety of workouts, but we have a special love for those that are performed barefoot. If you are a fan of such workouts (Barre, Pilates, Yoga, Fusion, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, Ellen Barret, Kettlebells, etc.), or even traditional workouts performed barefoot, you are welcome. And even if you wear shoes for workouts, come on in -- we won't tell!

Our welcome mats are always rolled out, and we love hearing from new, returning, and guest Mat Mavens!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 07:26 PM  
JustSandra

Thank you for starting us.

I'll be here tomorrow with my workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 09:02 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for remember to move us over, Paine!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 09:11 AM  
cyana

Oh crap - totally spaced that today is August 1st. Even worse, I saw that Paine had started a new August thread when I peeked in last evening.

Did a copy and paste of my earlier post in the July thread (hearing "If I Only Had a Brain" from the Wizard of Oz playing in my head right now, LOL!):

A quick Happy Moan Day wave - or should I say Moan Day Condolences?

I checked the osprey nest late yesterday afternoon, and the chick was there, chowing down on a fish. I wondered if the chick caught the fish. No one there this AM.

Today will be a live streaming qi gong class with Lee and hopefully some HIIT.

Must get my work day started - waves to ALL!

Beth - I loved watching the otters when DH and I used to go to Monterey Bay. Do you watch the MB aquarium cam? https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/...its/sea-otters

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 09:14 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, yes, that's the otter feed I watch on YouTube! I know they have other cams at MB, but that's the only one I've watched.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-01-22, 09:37 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Muscle & Grace upper body strength work plus calves
Jackie's Essentrics class

Already it's very humid and hot here-- yucky.

Cyana, I also saw the chick eating a fish in the nest.
Enjoy your Holden class!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 10:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

August greetings to all the Mat Mavens! Happy Moan Day! We were gifted with very nice weekend weather before this week's heatwave. Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Walked at UCONN campus and beach
~ GYM for 10 minutes recumbent bike and 50 minutes full body weights;
~ 7,388 steps

Thank you for starting us, Paine.

Cyana - Moan Day condolences - ROTF! Enjoy your live stream today.

Animal cam lovers - I've fallen in love with a shoebill crane's channel on Instagram. s.lwata9247. This bird is bizarre, quirky, mesmerizing and lovable all at the same time.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 01:46 PM  
Twigs

Thank you Paine for starting the August thread.

Yesterday, I did Jessica's Fusion Flow Sculpt and Fusion Pilates with ball. I love the gliders and how they work my legs and abs hard but they're definitely not so knee-friendly. Every once in a while, I get a twinge in my right knee.

Today was:
- HealthBarre Zoom class from January 22 - one of my favourites
- Bellyfit's DOTM latest class - Offering of First Fruits. It was around 45 minutes and a yoga flow with Vinyasas. I think when I do it again, I'll cut it by half, so end up doing 3 rounds. It gets a bit boring otherwise, besides not being that fond of Vinyasas!
- 2 hours gardening
- ETV Alexa's class (standing only)

The otter feed sounds interesting. Thank you. Pat, I expect you have to subscribe to Instagram to see the shoebill crane's channel? I really don’t know much about Instagram. I just checked the Osprey nest and the chick is there, taking a rest. I could set up a bunny cam; we have so many at the moment in our garden and they're continuing to multiply. They really love to munch on our roses.

Waves to all! Hope it's a good day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 08:19 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: I did *all* of the lower body routines from Margaret Richard's Good For You. Basically I craved more intensity but have gone back to no weights as the knee is misbehaving again. I also did my own warmup and stretches. Earlier today I went on a 2+ hour ramble around my neighborhood! It wasn't all walking, though -- I took a break on the swings at a local playground and enjoyed a Starbucks coffee and treat.

Jeanette: However often you post is fine by us! Some of us post daily or almost daily, but as you stick with us you will meet other Barefooters who just pop in from time to time.

Paine: It is cloudy and muggy here, too, but I sort of like it as a change of pace.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 09:30 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I found this new YouTube channel I thought I'd share. I actually originally found this instructor on Vimeo under the channel name "Using Technology Better" - I'm not sure why that channel name, but the brand is actually "My Pilates Time" featuring an instructor from NZ. I liked that she wears her glasses when teaching like I do. I went to check her out on YouTube and discovered that her name is Beth too! She has a nice variety of Pilates routines, and they're all in my wheelhouse of about 15-20 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/c/BethReading/videos

I'm still alternating 1-hour Hamelin routines with Kit Rich's 5-Day challenge. I'm enjoying the HDM, finding KR to be just okay. Tomorrow will be my last Kit workout (and my first day back to work! ). After that I think I'm going to continue with Hamelin, maybe go to Barre3 on the alternate days. I've also actually been getting in a bit of CS.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
bobandbrad, kassandra reinhardt