Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-06-22, 04:45 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: wonderful 6 mile run, with some walking, outdoors with friends this am.
Felt good. It was humid but bearable. My friends with kids are worried as school starts next week. We all predict a Covid semi nightmare in a couple weeks but hopefully we are wrong. Have a great Saturday!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 01:05 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical + 15 minutes of yoga.

Waves to all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 05:00 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I ran an hour on the mill today which was not so bad since I was watching the latest episodes of Better Call Saul. I am now kinda sick of the character and the series because Saul is basically a reprehensible scumbag. I will finish the series though of course. If I get too disgusted I watch Call the Midwife and feel better about the world.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 08-08-22, 08:53 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in the morning + 48 minutes of cardio and light weights + 22 minutes of yoga in the afternoon.

Karjoy
- I can't root for an anti-hero. That's why I have never watched Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul. DH and I have been binge watching Longmire, and it's pretty good. It sounds like you are pretty much back to normal.

Waves to all.
Old 08-08-22, 09:05 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I went to Burn for legs tonight and then did 30 slow minutes on the mill. I accidentally caught a little of Better Call Saul on AMC ( I did not even know we had that channel till recently) and it was actually inspirational as an important character confessed to crimes and took full responsibility. Now THAT is a hero. We are getting much needed rain tonight.

Jbliff I must check out Longmire. I don’t think I will ever watch Breaking Bad. I watched a documentary of sorts called Third Eye Spies about remote viewing which was utterly fascinating. All true apparently. You’re getting in lots of workout time lately. Good job!
Old 08-09-22, 07:14 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was upper body + glutes using heavy weights + 15 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - Not sure if I believe in remote viewing. Would be something else if it were true. I looked up the documentary and some of the people involved were with the Church of Scientology, so I am skeptical.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-09-22, 08:10 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Wanted to go to Burn for Speed and Agility class but I didn’t get ready in time so I ran on the treadmill instead. I will definitely go tomorrow for UB.

Jbliff K take all that paranormal stuff with a grain of salt too. Some of it is kinda interesting though, and certainly makes treadmill miles go faster! I know almost nothing about Scientology but am going to check it out.

My latest runner friend with Covid is having a terrible time with not just the usual symptoms but she has severe nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. She is hoping she won’t have to go to the ER for IV fluids.

Our schools start tomorrow. God help us! I just heard that the US has a very low rate for Covid vaccination of children.
Old 08-09-22, 10:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Grr, still not posting regularly!

Thu 8/4 116 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga)
30 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
10 minutes (from J. Valant Thoracic Mobility Exercises - For Posture and Back Pain Relief!, YT)
5 minutes (from J. de Groot Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 9-caterpillar pose, YT) 1st time
59 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.74 mi)

Fri 8/5 157 minutes
4 minutes (from AEXEL Programming -4 Minute Follow Along PVC Pipe Mobility Routine, YT) 1st time
12 minutes (from C. Jordan Hamstring Tendonitis Pain: Exercises That Will Help Heal Your Hamstrings part 2, YT)
8 minutes (from C. Jordan No Impact Foot, Calf, and Shin Strength Exercise Video, YT)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
12 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 2)
31 minutes (from 2.28 mi for 10k trainer wk2 day3/Zombies Run S3M55)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.89 mi)

Sat 8/6 152 minutes
97 minutes (from 4.56 mi nature walk at RLSP with hubby)
15 minutes (from A. Carver 15-Minute Yoga For Thoracic Mobility, YT) 1st time
19 minutes (from Dr. Bri -Post Workout Stretches for Lower Body and Pelvic Floor, YT) I really love this one
9 minutes (from 1 dog walks .61 mi) rained most of the afternoon & evening

Sun 8/7 50 minutes D&D DAY
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
33 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.06 mi)

Mon 8/8 233 minutes
55 minutes (from trimming out of control lilac bush)
33 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
9 minutes (from J. Fairley The Source Chiropractic -Thoracic Mobility Routine Exercises and Stretches, YT) twice through
14 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 3)
36 minutes (from C. Johnson ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 1)
14 minutes (from D. Siebers Slim in 6 Slim & Limber)
60 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.62 mi)

Had my second opinion appt today for my feet. This guy seemed perplexed as to why the first guy recommended surgery. I have very little pain, great mobility, great spacing btwn the joints. He agreed that I have elevated first metatarsals but wasn't concerned about it. He said other than that and the mild bunion my feet look really good. Huzzah! I asked if I need to avoid or modify any activities and he said no, do whatever feels good. I realize two complete opposite opinions might indicate a need for getting a third one, but I just don't feel that's necessary at this point. I know the anomaly in structure exists so I can monitor any changes in pain or appearance and reevaluate as necessary. He said the orthotics and what I'm doing otherwise (I mentioned the toe yoga and wobble board) should be fine. I am so glad I went through with getting the second opinion and feel relieved that I can get on with my life now!

Good to see you, Gibbee!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 07:36 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical + 15 minutes of yoga.

Vannie - That's great the second doctor didn't recommend surgery. Seems like you've had more people recommend against it than not so I'd say your approach is the right one. Great job on the workouts.

Karjoy
- There have been quite a few documentaries done on the Church of Scientology that you can check out. Your poor runner friend. Those symptoms sound awful.

We're supposed to be under a flash flood warning today, with strong thunderstorms coming. Can't wait .

Waves to everyone.
Old 08-10-22, 08:25 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Ugh I just lost a nice post so I will catch up tomorrow. Good to see you Vannie. Happy you got good news about your feet.

Drive by: biceps, triceps, and shoulders at Burn. Already feeling some soreness.