Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-21, 03:09 PM  
Erica H.

I never have and don't intend to, but it would be helpful to know what weights I've used in the past for different workouts and also to remember likes/dislikes, etc.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 03:42 PM  
Izzy

I don't and I never have. I participate in check in at Total Fitness and that is my accountability for the most part. I log my workout and then I pretty much forget about it. I rarely ever go back and check. I just don't think it matters to me. I remember basically my distance, time, weights etc. For me, exercise is for my mind and body. It's a habit for me and I do it almost daily. I guess I don't need to reference anything that I did it.

I am not suggesting it's a bad idea or a good idea. For some people they need it to stay motivated or organized. I just never felt the need to write it all down.
Old 01-04-21, 04:16 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post

I am not suggesting it's a bad idea or a good idea. For some people they need it to stay motivated or organized. I just never felt the need to write it all down.
I should have put that in my post, too! I don't do it, but I know that many (most?) people like having a log!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 05:03 PM  
BunnyHop

The only logs I've successfully kept of my exercise habits were the notes I took of the Classical Stretch workouts I did for a long time. I'd review the episode before doing it, and make notes. Somehow, knowing what was to come made things easier.
Old 01-04-21, 05:13 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I write down my workouts, walks and dog walks into a book each day. I note time spent on each activity. I can quickly scan back if I need to know what workouts I have been doing.
At the back of the book I keep a record for which workouts I have used for working out around an injury or illness such as seated upper only to help stay off an ankle, things like that. I need to find them quickly or I might not work out.
Any information about the workout such as weights, equipment used, time or fave premixes etc is on a post it note inside the case.
Yes I am a fan of exercise logs.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 05:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
I write down my workouts, walks and dog walks into a book each day. I note time spent on each activity. I can quickly scan back if I need to know what workouts I have been doing.
At the back of the book I keep a record for which workouts I have used for working out around an injury or illness such as seated upper only to help stay off an ankle, things like that. I need to find them quickly or I might not work out.
Any information about the workout such as weights, equipment used, time or fave premixes etc is on a post it note inside the case.
Yes I am a fan of exercise logs.
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who logs my dog walks! I actually have a separate calendar for it bc we walk 2-3 times a day and I track steps, miles, activity minutes (all from my pedometer) and start/stop times as well as the weather for each walk. Hubby rolls his eyes at me.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 06:02 PM  
prettyinpink

I do. I like writing it down, but don’t do much looking back other than to see how often I missed days. I do usually keep track of cardio minutes, or minutes that would count as cardio, to make sure I get enough.

I don’t write down steps or stretching or short walks.

For about a year I have kept a separate small notebook for my strength workouts, with each exercise and weights/sets/reps. For that one, it is fun to see progress and that is the only way I can remember weights for certain exercises so that I can make progress.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 06:18 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who logs my dog walks! I actually have a separate calendar for it bc we walk 2-3 times a day and I track steps, miles, activity minutes (all from my pedometer) and start/stop times as well as the weather for each walk. Hubby rolls his eyes at me.
I only log dog walks if I go beyond my usual one dog walk a day or if I'm dog-sitting and walk other dogs.

I started my new exercise log and I am not happy with it! The squares are too small to write in my workouts and especially too small if I do multiple workouts in a day. Looks like I'll be looking for a new one.
Old 01-04-21, 07:54 PM  
DCW

My exercise instructor in December 2019 gave us calendars to log our exercise during non-class days and breaks. Well December 2020 has ended and it's bittersweet. We haven't had classes since the first week of March 2020. So my calendar is pretty full of the days i exercised solo without my exercise buddies of 20+ years.

I have started 2021 calendar and counting the days when the rec center opens back up.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 07:55 PM  
Diana3271

I have kept a workout log since I started working out. In May of last year (2020) DH and I retired and I stopped logging. I have been struggling to get in a regular routine, although I have continued to workout. I have decided to get back to logging my workouts. I have always used a full sized monthly planner that I get for $1 at the dollar store.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
logging, workout log, workout logs