Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-22, 02:11 PM  
warriorprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I moved to a new area that has hummingbirds. I just put out a feeder and was worried they couldn't find it. I was so thrilled to see one little guy the other morning! Hopefully, more will show up.
That is so cool! Maybe I'll put some bird feeders up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-22, 06:23 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianeksu View Post
Thank you! I hope you have a great summer too. I lurk a lot and see your name in the reading thread. Hope everything is well with you. I miss our old checkin, but I mostly walk for exercise and use free weights.
We're in North Carolina now, for about 4.5 years once my husband retired. I miss the old check-in as well. I've been in the Cronies check-in for the past few years and have enjoyed it. These days I do more strength work at the YMCA and walk in the neighborhood rather than complex cardio, but I have fond memories of my adventures in cardio and that group that was so supportive.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 12:24 AM  
Dianeksu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
This is wonderful to read. My DH will have his transplant in July, if all goes to plan. From our current view, it all seems a bit overwhelming; it’s nice to read about someone on the other side of it all.
It was very overwhelming with all the information overload. Although it was a challenging recuperation it will all be worth it. Feel free to message me if I can help. I hope all goes well for your hubby.
Old 05-16-22, 07:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I was actually thinking about starting a new one. But it's fun and inspiring to go back and read previous posts.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-17-22, 05:57 PM  
gigi

I enjoyed the beauty of the sky this past weekend. We had clouds, sun, and rain which produced a glorious rainbow! My nephew was in the car with me and asked for the code to get into my phone. He played Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's Over the Rainbow and it was just perfection!
Old 05-17-22, 07:40 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Angela - I love that song and always play it at least twice. I also like his version of Take Me Home, Country Roads.

It has been a long time since I did this, but I've started eating frozen grapes. They are great and nothing settles my thirst like them. It's a small thing, but I am enjoying them.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-22-23, 12:14 PM  
imhere2dance

I'm bringing this thread back because I have updates and don't need to start a new thread. So I talked about meeting my boyfriend near the end of 2021. 2022 was a wild year that I never talked about here. lol

We decided he'd come down for another 5 day visit in January 2022. He drove this time instead of flying. But after the 5 days were up, he never went home! We lived in hotel rooms for nearly 3 months, which was difficult, but we managed to get jobs and a nice apartment in mid-April last year.

Last Friday (March 17, 2023) we got engaged! We plan to marry on our 2 year anniversary together: October 9, 2023. We'll just go to the courthouse and take a few days off work to visit some places.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 12:20 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I'm bringing this thread back because I have updates and don't need to start a new thread. So I talked about meeting my boyfriend near the end of 2021. 2022 was a wild year that I never talked about here. lol

We decided he'd come down for another 5 day visit in January 2022. He drove this time instead of flying. But after the 5 days were up, he never went home! We lived in hotel rooms for nearly 3 months, which was difficult, but we managed to get jobs and a nice apartment in mid-April last year.

Last Friday (March 17, 2023) we got engaged! We plan to marry on our 2 year anniversary together: October 9, 2023. We'll just go to the courthouse and take a few days off work to visit some places.

Congratulations!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 12:22 PM  
ChelePA

Adding to this thread. Our new puppy Finley will be joining our family in a few weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ECFC78DB-3041-4B9B-8BA8-D5F6E5489D4B.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	4848  
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 01:10 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Adding to this thread. Our new puppy Finley will be joining our family in a few weeks.

So cute and adorable!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good news