Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-22, 12:07 AM  
fatkat555

I just completed Callanetics 30 day Countdown level 1, 25 minutes. Short and to the point. I’m going to try the 30 days on this dvd and maybe add in a short stretch, cardio, or strength video throughout the 30 days.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 06:10 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Today I tore off the shrinkwrap from Exhale Core Fusion Yoga Energy Flow and was surprised to find I thoroughly enjoyed this! It has been sitting on my shelf for years now, purchased with a bunch of Exhale DVDs that were on sale some years back (most of which are still in shrinkwrap).

I'm wondering what other gems I have hiding in the pile....

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 11:04 AM  
Vantreesta

Thursday I tore the shrinkwrap off Emily Kligerman's Yoga Therapy for Back Pain. My SI joints were a little twingey last week so I decided to try the short segment for SI joint pain. I was disappointed. There was nothing wrong with the very relaxing practice (during which I nearly fell asleep) but it did nothing to address SI joints. At least not for me anyway. I should have stuck with Barbara Benagh for it. And do that one right before bed to fall asleep!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 12:15 AM  
fatkat555

I tore off the shrink wrap from Barre3 Ballet Bootcamp today. I’ve been in a bit of a slump again and this was just perfect! I did add Lastics Lite at the end. I believe it was a great combo.

Last night I tore off the shrink wrap from Seane Corn Yoga detox. I picked the shorter workout on the dvd and really enjoyed the practice. I think it was a great beginner (where I am lately) workout; however, lots of woo woo talk in the beginning and end might turn off some. I will try the longer practice hopefully soon.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 05:08 PM  
wendug

Tracie Long- Grand Total Volume 1.
I've been meaning to do this workout forever, but I have been on a heavy weight lifting kick this year and doing lots of Lift w/Cee, Caroline Girvan, and Vera LaRo. For June I've been mixing it up and taking a break from heavy lifting. I have done this workout before when Tracie had it available to stream for free on her website, but that was a few years ago. I think I ordered it when Tracie started clearing out the DVD's left in her store. It is a great workout (as usual from Tracie ) and covers the whole body. Tracie's cardio doesn't look that hard, but it always has me huffing and puffing. And I'm always impressed with Tracie's floorwork. I wish she offered a DVD with all of the floorwork segments from her Focus/Longevities/Grand Totals, etc. I have most of her DVD's already and have these segments on separate DVD's, but having them all on one would be so convenient.
Old 06-21-22, 01:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Core Control from Jessica Smith's Build Balance and Inner Strength from her WS2.

This is somewhat Ellen-esque with lots of flowing movements but at an up-tempo pace.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 04:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Kettlebell Boomer with Andrea Du Cane.

She reminds me of instructor Karen Voight a bit. Andrea is an excellent instructor. I had this on my wishlist based on VFer recommendations. Then I got it in a lucky trade.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 01-08-23, 11:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

MA40 Men's Health with David Jack:

Did the the first workout on Disc 1, which i think is called Super Strength. 38 minutes including warm up and stretch.

Old 01-08-23, 11:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh, yay! It made me happy to see this thread pop up!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-23, 11:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Scott Cole Tai Chi for Weight Loss
Chris Freytag Move to Lose Vol 2

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins