Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-12-22, 05:47 PM  
jetlitis

Juice & Toya:
20 Minute Full Body Dumbbell Drop Set Workout [Strength Training]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCmW1bsCMWc&t=638s

(I didn't have the energy for a longer workout, and chose this 20 minute full body strength workout on YT by Juice & Toya. J&T are very likeable and I enjoy their style of training. )
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 06:35 PM  
gigi

Sooooo, I forgot that Heather is only posting on certain days so I'm stuck to her schedule. I wish that I had waited a week before beginning the program. People are very protective of her and I guess they were taken aback that Heather posted a clarification video about when she is uploading saying that she shouldn't have to do that and people need to stop complaining. I didn't see ugly comments or complaining but just some questions and a bit of confusion when she dropped to videos on Sunday (I couldn't see Day 6 but only day 7, then I saw them both). I was excited to be able to preview and commented that I'd hope she'd keep doing that. Apparently that is a big no no...LOL! I may finish week 2 then do some other workouts starting week 3 on W so I can make it fit my schedule.

I will try to do days 3-5 Th,F, and Sat as we may get winter weather and I usually lose power. I want to have week 2 done!

I took a full rest tonight! I am one with the couch! LOL!
Old 01-12-22, 09:27 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I'm in agreement with you, Angela. I wish I started a week later. I think she posted #7, then realized she made a mistake and posted #6. I didn't see the clarification video, but I got an email. Somehow I'm ahead of her. Not sure how that happened. #8 (unilateral upper body) tomorrow, but I don't think that will be posted till later tomorrow (I work out at 5 am). So tomorrow either cardio or stretch/mobility.

I did Mossa Blast #4 today. Couldn't decide which to do so I decided to just copy you lol.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 05:39 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

My Wednesday workout was Epic Endgame #8 Back and Bis and I added on a 30 minute Courtney Anderson kickboxing workout Ignite #2. It worked well as an add-on as she didn’t include a warmup with this one and it kept up the ab work Caroline added onto the end of her workout.

My 16-year-old daughter works out with me on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. She started doing that last year. Totally her choice. She hates most of it. She isn’t like me about working out at all, but she knows it’s important for her health and wanted to start a pattern for herself when she was young. She’s a cool kid. Every once in a while she misses a workout but not very often. She’ll be all grumpy and say she doesn’t feel like working out. I always tell her it’s completely up to her if she works out or not. Sometimes she’ll still do it and other times not.

We do Caroline’s workouts together. She uses lighter weights (5, 8, 10) and I keep an eye on her form and offer correction when she needs it. She keeps an eye on the timer and lets me know if I miss the beep. She just does CG’s workout with me not the extra stuff I add on. She loved CG’s Christmas 20 minute workouts. She thought that was the perfect length. Lol.

She used to love doing Growing Annanas stuff because it’s a little slower paced and more her preferred speed. Last time we did one of those together she said Caroline had ruined Anna’s workouts because it felt too easy for her. I haven’t had her do one of Caroline’s hiits though. I don’t need to hear that teenage meltdown they’re hard enough without the extra drama. Haha.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 09:03 AM  
alisoncooks

@cjayd — that’s awesome! My teens (they’ll be 14 and 16 in just a couple months) do NOT want to exercise with me, lol. Never have, not even when they were little. I still ask they do 10 minutes with me before we start school (something easy, usually no equipment). They like going for walks, though.

Today: 15 minutes on the rower with Dark Horse Rowing
10 min stretch
Unweighted arms with the teens
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 06:37 PM  
gigi

I just finished Day 8 - Unilateral Arms. It was not unilateral. More like some alternating moves. Anyway, it was a GREAT workout.

HDW Heather is trying to accommodate more people and is posting a bit earlier for some that live overseas. I think it's hilarious how hypervigilant some of her followers are. That used to be me with Cathe...tee hee (when I was much younger). They don't seem to realize that she is making money. Yes, they are free to me, but I bet she's bringing a lot in. I'm so curious about the youtube instructors and how it all works!

It's been a busy week at school. I need to get to bed on time!
Old 01-13-22, 07:31 PM  
jetlitis

Body Project with Daniel:
Low impact, high intensity intermediate home cardio workout (30m)

Brian Syuki Focus Fitness:
Walking in Place workout (30m)

(I enjoyed both workouts -- both had easy choreography. )
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 04:02 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Alisoncooks—I agree with kids not wanting to do anything. I have three kids. They have all watched me workout their whole lives. My oldest is 22 and he loves to run. He’s working full time now but if he gets home early enough and it isn’t raining or on the weekend he’ll go for a run on his own. You know about my daughter, but my middle son (17) if left to his own devices he’ll just be on his devices all day after school. My husband gave him an exercise requirement too so he hops in my elliptical for a half hour. I’m not sure if it’s every day or three times a week. He’s also the bringer in of the firewood too. You have to do something to get them moving. Your kids might surprise you yet and join you willingly for longer.

Today was an Epic rest day. So I did KayKay’s Rise and Shine #12 glutes. It was a nice change from Caroline’s glutes. I followed it up with Courtney Anderson’s Ignite Day 6. It was tabata hiit with an ab finisher. It was a sweaty one with pairs of exercises repeated twice. I can tell you I didn’t like some moves the first time around let alone the second. Lol. I finished up with KayKay’s Rise and Shine #13 which was a 20 min stretch. I’m not a huge fan of her stretches. She’s better at mobility.

I’m also curious how they all make money on YouTube. I know likes, views, ads and followers play a role. I appreciate that most of them don’t put commercials in the middle of the workout. Heather does but it’s during a break so no biggie there. I hope they’re making more than doing personal training because that means they’ll keep it up for free to us. Haha. I’m cheap! It’s also fun to work out with people from all over the world. Caroline is in Ireland. KayKay and Anna are in Germany although KayKay might be in Dubai. She went on vacation there and the view outside her window looks similar. Anna recorded some workouts when she went to an island which I can’t recall which one now. The change of scenery was nice. Different than what we have here in the US. And being from different places they use different variations on exercises. Love the variety.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 09:37 AM  
alisoncooks

Friday:
Moving Mango floor legs with my kids
15 minute full body with Kaleigh

Kind of a lazy day today. Something’s better than nothing!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 03:12 PM  
manleym

Fun reading about everyone's kids and what they will, won't, have to be motivated to do! And love all the links, workouts being shared. I'm adding some to my "want-to-try" list. I also wonder about how the YT instructors are able to post so much, and GREAT, content out there. Cjayd, I hope it all stays free too! I love the free!

Wednesday - MrandMrsMuscle 5 Minute Warm Up Workout: Upper Body Routine - Improve Mobility + Caroline Brawny Back and Biceps Workout + Abs & Core EPIC Endgame Day 8. This was another great UB workout but I did get tired of the of the staple move - renegade row on toes. But I feel that way about that move no matter what workout. It's a great move and works every muscle. I just don't like doing it 5-6 times. Ha! There are abs at the end of this workout, and I added her 12 Minute Dumbbell Deadbug Ab Workout at Home. I really liked this one because it's very functional - all of the different variations of deadbug. I finished with Daniela Suarez 7 Min Stretching After Workout Neck, Shoulders, Arms & Back Cool Down For Recovery & Relaxation.

Thursday - CL # 378 Warrior Kickboxing 2. This was a great cardio workout but didn't seem as "fun" as some of her other KB workouts. Could have been my mood. There didn't seem to be as much lower body work, but it was worth doing and I got a great cardio workout. There were lots of UB moves, some front/back kicks, and some cardio blasts, core at the end. So I guess the cardio blasts counts for legs, but not as much kicking in this one, or so it seemed to me.

Planned for today is Caroline's Fluid Full Body Workout with Dumbbells EPIC Endgame Day 9 + 12 Minute 4x4 Lower Abs Workout at Home - No Equipment + guided by angie 10 Min Cool Down + Stretch- end your workout right!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad