Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-08-22, 08:14 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Fit Split Push Day (weights portion only).

Karjoy - That's interesting about the patient with chronic congestion. I've been hearing about the "flurona". Sounds like a miserable combination. Enjoy your run this morning.

Cher - It's pretty cold here too. This morning the low was 19 and the high today is in the low 30s. Our snow banks are fairly intact but at least the roads are pretty clear.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 09:52 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys had a great run this am. It was a lovely 38 degrees at the start. We had about 8 people but we soon broke up into smaller groups. I ran with a woman named Emily and we were about the same pace so that was nice. She only wanted to do 10 miles so after we finished I be went home and did 3 more miles on the treadmill.

Jbliff my friend Judi in northern Virginia ran this am too and even at 10:00 it was a pretty brutal 22 degrees. She and her running partner ran on a paved trail and Judi said it was so icy in places they could have used crampons.

Hey guys, I lived in Cheyenne, WY, for 7 years growing up and I read today that they had to close parts of 2 interstates due to very high winds and blowing snow.
That’s amazing because Wyomingites are tough and just don’t close down unless conditions are really bad.

Night all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 08:16 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was a Leslie walk and Cathe’s Upper Body Add-on from Basic Step and Ball Stretch #1 from her Total Body Stretching.

I had preordered the new KCM workouts and I received 2 of each instead of 1 which is what I ordered and I was only charged for 1 of each. I emailed Kelly to to let her know.

JBliff - Good news that your roads are clear. I still can’t imagine being stuck on that freeway like that.

Karen - Wow, that is a pretty chilly morning for you guys down there.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 11:13 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk + 35 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - Kelley sure comes out with a lot of workouts. Let us know how you like the new ones. Too weird about the extra copies of the DVDs.

Karjoy - I can't imagine how bad it must have been for Cheyenne to close 2 interstates.

Our snow is continuing to melt but a lot of the sidewalks are still pretty packed with snow. On my walk yesterday I had to walk on the side of the road a fair bit. We are going to have pretty cold weather next week. Tuesday's high is going to be 28 with a low of 10!

Stay warm, everyone.
Old 01-09-22, 12:03 PM  
Vantreesta

2 above with real feel -19 here right now. Starting Tue it will be warm in the 30s for a few days. Such weird weather all over.

I thought the start of a new year and clean slate would help but I still can't seem to find the excitement to workout. I had set out a schedule for this month but have dread when I see the long list of short workouts and challenges. I tried revising it yesterday but couldn't get my brain to think differently. I'll try again today. I'm not happy with how my body feels and my eating and digestion have been off for a few months. I worked out Mon, Wed and Fri but most was very easy.

Karen, do you know what brand of plyo boxes your gym has?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 09:57 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys did upper body with Cathe band today and tried a 10 minute barre strength workout from Peloton which was actually quite good. It was all lower body on the floor with a mat and no props. We did clam shells, several types of bridge work and weird Supermans with legs abducted and no arms. Despite the short time I felt it was worthwhile. I won’t be going back to Burn till Omicron eases some. So these Peloton add on will be good.

Vannie hope you get your full Mojo back but easy workouts may be just what you need right now. 19 below real feel!

Night all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 08:27 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Lean Legs & Abs. I should have done some yoga but just didn't have it in me. I've been fighting a sore throat for a couple of days and of course my mind went immediately to COVID, since my niece reported she got COVID about 5 days after she visited us. She is a party animal and also works retail so who knows where she got it. My throat feels a lot better today, thank goodness.

Karjoy - That's good the Peleton add-ons are good workouts since you can't go to the gym.

Vannie - That is some serious cold weather. Maybe you can cut back on the number of challenges you set so it's more doable.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 01-10-22, 09:19 AM  
Vantreesta

I keep trying to pare it down. I'm awful at prioritizing.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-10-22, 10:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I did day 1 of Kassandra's new yoga and meditation challenge, day 4 of Yoga With Bird and Qi Gong, and PT stuff: hamstrings with Caroline Jordan, plyo calves from Aztec Athletics, bulletproof knees from GuerillaZen, and piriformis with Helen Clare. I ran out of time for the main workout!

Old 01-11-22, 08:14 AM  
JBliff

Drive by checkin: 35 minutes on the elliptical + 30 minutes of yoga with weights.

Waves to all.