Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-09-22, 01:37 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by….

Todays workouts:
~ETV: Jenny B’s live all standing
~Moon Salutations (Five Parks Yoga YT)
~300 meter swim - first time in the water in 2 years, it felt sooo good! I used my hand paddles for most of it so might feel my triceps tomorrow.
~Long walkabout, racked up over 15,000 steps

Summer breeze - I hope your back is okay after shoveling! Yikes, glad you stayed away from your friend, some people just don’t get it!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 06:46 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

All is well here. Expecting sleet, icy rain, some snow today. Looking outside I can see it's very icy and glad I don't have to go anywhere.

Yesterday's workout was:
Four sets of pushups
Bad Yogi Perfect Body Yoga Program (PBYP) week 1, day 4. A nice 30 minute backbend flow

I had hoped to get to more in the afternoon but life took over. Today's another day!

Summer Breeze - it's great to have good neighbors. We're always helping each other out here. Some of my neighbors are pretty elderly so we're always on the lookout to lend a hand if needed.

Pam - great workouts - hope you're enjoying!

That's it for now. Hey Donna and Pat!!! Have a wonderful day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 01:04 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday so I'll catch up today. I have been on an Ellen kick~

Saturday - Ellen - 4 Elements Flow; Yoga Mat Work

Sunday - Ellen - Upper Body Blast, Inner & Outer Thigh, Affirmative Flow

I keep saying i need to do harder workouts, but I really find it hard to motivate myself to do so - so Ellen it is for now.

This coming week is likely going to be painting - probably towards the end of the week so I will have to make my workouts fit around the chaos. I'm glad to be getting this stuff done though - we postponed it for a long time - working from home makes it easier b/c I'm here to keep an eye on the dogs.

At some point I need to refresh my bathrooms and kitchen.

Diane - we just have some cold, miserable rain.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad the shoveling didn't set you back too far with the pain. My DD got her booster last week, I think on Wed. They were out of Pfizer so gave her the Moderna booster, she did well - a sore arms was all she had.

Pat - that is crazy about the grocery store - i just don't get it!! I like Chris Freytag, too.

Waves, Pam!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 01:10 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Whew it was a cold one yesterday. I had a gym workout, 15 minutes treadmill then 50 minutes of weight machines and dumbbells. At home I did my own yin yoga practice. And 6,500 steps for the day.

I saw a fun idea, a friend on my other check-in started having a Margaret Monday. I'm going to copy that day and call it Margaret Moan Day!

Pam, yum there's nothing like pineapple fresh on the island. Please have some papaya soon and maybe a little guava cake, if you like that. The first time I tried it at the office, I thought "ew," but it grows on you.

Diane, yikes that's a lot of pads. I guess it's out of the question to ask a senior cat to wear a diaper, like a dog?

Summer Breeze, good thing the shoveling didn't hurt you too much. I hope you are okay today. It all froze up here - please be careful.

Good morning Donna, hope all is well by you.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 09:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Barefoot Cardio
Yoga w/ Kassandra - Monday Morning Gentle Yoga and Affirmation - this is part of her new 7 day series - 15 min of yoga and 5 min meditation/affirmation. I did enjoy doing this today!

Yesterday for an add on I did the Walk and Stretch from Jessica's 4 Day Plan - I can't remember the name of the DVD - but it has Tred and Shred, HIIT, and a Core Workout. I enjoyed doing the 15 min cardio plus the 15 min stretch for some extra activity.

It is going to be cold here, YUCK!

And our painting work begins on Thursday - so I'll be planning my workouts around the chaos. It will be good to have it done.

Pat - I like that - Margaret Moan Day! LOL!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Donna
Old 01-10-22, 12:18 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterdays workouts:
~Non Stop Standing Flow (Bad Yogi YT)
~400 meter swim
~2 long walks, 21,000 steps

Pat - We’ve been enjoying half a papaya with a squeeze of lime every morning for breakfast. So good!

Diane - I enjoyed the Bad Yogi & will definitely look at more of her practices.

Donna - I am looking forward to Jessica’s new workouts, hopefully they’ll be released soon.

Waves to summer breeze!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 12:23 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! Yesterday featured:

~ Shakti Warrior class 10, Seal the Deal
~ YWK Liver & Gall Bladder Yin Yoga
~ 2,325 steps

It was another slug fest day. The cold must be doing it to me. We're going below zero this week.

Donna, I see you started on the new Kassandra challenge, thanks for the reminder!

Pam, I've never had lime juice on my papaya but it sounds good.

Good morning to Diane and Summer Breeze!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 05:34 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey everyone!

It is freakin' FRIGID here and tomorrow will be worse. These are the days I'm happy I don't have a dog and I so want one! Our driveway, albeit a short one by upstate standards, was totally iced over. And, of course, we were out of ice melt. I ran around last night until I found a store that had some - our local Price Chopper. I was so, so happy and the young man there was helping me fill up my cart. I told him to stop as I didn't want someone else searching for it to be as disappointed as I was until I got to Price Chopper! Ice SUCKS!

Workouts:
Sunday - Body Electric Series 1700, Show 1 (Bis, Tris, Obliques (did my own), Inner Thighs and Glutes)
Jenny Ford Montana Step and Weights
Bad Yogi's I Am Challenge - I Am Creative

Monday - Gilad Targeted 15 - Buns & Thighs
Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Yoga Program - Total Body Balance

In the afternoon, I just did a Lesley 20 minute Yoga practice

Donna - I can deal with cold but cold, miserable rain is something else!

Pat - Margaret Moan Monday! LOL!!!! As far as a diaper is concerned, it won't work for an animal that has mobility. My friend's dog, Angel, is not mobile at all and she can wear her doggie diaper without any complaints. Christopher rolls and spins wherever he wants to go so a diaper won't work. But how I wish it would! He's almost back to 100% so I'm thankful for that! Tomorrow morning will be negative temps so we can commiserate on how awful winter is. I miss the spring, summer and fall and my bike rides!

Pam - I'm so glad you liked your Bad Yogi practice. I really like her but I didn't renew my yearly subscription this year just to give myself some other options. I have so many of her practices downloaded that I think I'll be good for at least 6 months. Then I may resub. We shall see!

Sending big hugs and waves to Summer Breeze!

Have a good night everyone! Off to the vet in the morning for our Cooper's yearly vaccines and check up. Thankfully a healthy visit!

Diane
Old 01-11-22, 09:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday at lunch I added on Jessica Valent's 15 min beginner workout for lower body. It was a very basic routine - squats, lunges, calf raises, deadlifts and step ups - 10-12 reps, repeated 2X.

Today was:

Lively Ladies - Fun Walk w/ Light Weights (1/7/22 upload) & Daily Stretch

I hope to fit in something else today.

Pat - did you do Margaret Moan Day?

Diane- it is cold here as well, although probably not as bad as where you are!

Take care - gotta run today!!

Donna
Old 01-11-22, 05:27 PM  
amoodygirl

When I tell you this is the tundra, I’m not kidding. Everything is frozen over and salting driveways and walkways has done nothing! We had to take Cooper to the vet this morning for his yearly and shots so I was happy to be able to get out of my garage without sliding down the driveway. I also took care of Angel (friend’s dog) and thankfully she wears a diaper because I tested the back steps where she does her business, assisted, and it was too icy for me. I didn’t want to chance falling with her in my arms. It doesn’t help that the house’s backyard faces north. Not a lot of sun and therefore a lot of ice!

Workouts:
Four sets of pushups

Body Electric Series 1800, Show 13 – in this show, MR seemed very, very lethargic. She started the show saying that this was Body Electric’s 18th year, and the entire show wouldn’t require any equipment and all exercises would be performed on the floor. Consisted of pushups, triceps (I did my own – I opted for dips), abs, and then quads and calves, which I didn’t do because the exercises didn’t seem very effective. Very strange!

Treadmill Run – 33 minutes.

Yoga – I chose the Gaiam production of Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Power With Giancarlo Stanton and did the 9 minute slow stretch.

In the afternoon I continued with the Gaiam dvd and did the Power, Strength & Movement segment. I was totally impressed that a big guy like Stanton (6’4”) and very muscled had so much flexibility. It helps he’s a NY Yankee (my team) and, pardon my rudeness, has the highest and tightest buns on the planet. I marvel at this every time he comes up to bat!

Have a great evening, everyone. We may be headed to the Berkshires tomorrow if it at least warms up into the 30s!

Diane

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga