Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-25-22, 12:31 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Some updates - my doggie does have some type of kidney disease - most likely due to age (she is probably around 13 years old - which is a good old age for a Lab) - the vet said they could do more testing but she seems pretty confident that this is age related. So, she is on a special diet - low protein, low sodium, low phosphorus and hopefully that will slow things down. Fortunately since she is a Lab she is having no problem eating the prescription food.

And, my DD's BF has COVID. He was at our house on Friday and she was with him all day on Sunday - so....just waiting for the inevitable. Both of them are vaxed and boosted and her BF had COVID once before! Fingers crossed.

Anyway, I had a poor night of sleep - my Lab was up needing water and to go outside at 2:00 a.m.! If it isn't one thing it is another to keep me up at night.

So, today was another Ellen day -

Ellen - Moving for Beauty

I will try to get more in later.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 02:21 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've just been doing random workouts this week. Things are crazy at work and I've only had time to workout in 15 minute increments. I've been alternating strength and cardio so today I've done mile 1 of Jessica's 4 mile Power Walk DVD and I hope to do more later.

Donna, I hope your DD doesn't have COVID. Is her BF having symptoms? Is your DD over the mono? I read your posts about her decision to transfer to the CC. Has she discussed it with anyone at Maryland to be certain credits from her current college won't transfer?

Sherry, Glad to hear you're feeling better enough to do some exercise.

Pam, Decluttering is something I really need to get moving on!

Liz, Hope all is well.

Ok, back to work!
Old 01-25-22, 09:58 PM  
Leonana

Feeling pretty much normal today, yay! But still taking it easier. I did Jessica’s FITIN15 Total Body Strength. I forgot how nice this one was, she moves slowly and it’s my favorite moves. She does hinge forward from the hips for most of the moves, but you can do the moves without bending.

Donna, Lauren just did some 10 minute workouts, there is one for upper and lower body. It could be an easy option for you to add more strength. I’m sorry to hear about your lab, but I’ve heard the proper diet can extend their life. I’m sorry you’ve all been exposed, that is stressful. My dd and her roommate (K teacher) have been exposed frequently, but have never had symptoms or tested positive. They both did get their boosters finally. Hopefully, all of you won’t get it.

wishiwasinhawaii, good job at fitting in the workouts. I hope the work pressure eases up soon for you.
Old 01-26-22, 10:18 AM  
Leonana

Haven’t done my workout yet, but thought I’d post this before I forget. Justina Ercole posted a video on Pilates and interviewed two certified instructors. It was really interesting. One of the instructors has a channel with 100’s of videos, but I’ve never seen her mentioned here. Her channel name is Margaret Elizabeth. Here is Justina’s video.

https://youtu.be/nfMALE8WdoE
Old 01-26-22, 12:09 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Lively Ladies - Bodyweight Cardio (1/21/22 upload)

Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates - Day 1 - which was Level 1 Pilates

Last night after a long day of sitting I did a CS episode - it may have been 1223 but I'm not sure

My DD says she has a scratchy throat, is fatigued and has come congestion but she seems fine - hopefully that is as bad as it gets. Her BF is not terribly sick from it. Hopefully those vaccines will do their job!

Sherry - thanks for that link, I will watch it later.

wishiwasinhawaii - my DD did end up transferring to CC - I just hope it all works out. They are doing virtual classes until Feb 6th - I do hope they go in person after that.

Donna
Old 01-26-22, 05:00 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

More treadmill workouts today and yesterday. I'm behind on Cee's strength workouts, but that's okay...no rush.

Donna, sorry to hear about your dog's diagnosis, as well as DD's boyfriend getting Covid. Hope your daughter continues to be as well as can be expected. I just got word yesterday that my BIL's girlfriend is sick with Covid. They were trying to get my MIL out of a group home into assisted living, since she has Parkinson's (and keeps falling) but that's been put on hold...for now.

Sherry, glad you're feeling okay now, too and well enough to work out!

wishiwasinhawaii, sorry you're been so busy with work, but at least you have work to do when you consider so many are without jobs. ;-) Oh yeah...with the big snow storm expected for the New England area this weekend, I've just hired someone to take care of the snow removal.

Liz, glad you're also back to working out now that you're home again.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 10:45 PM  
Leonana

I did two FITIN15 workouts, Jump Start Cardio and Cardio Party. I modified them for low impact. Cardio Party was fun, a little dancey. I also did some walking while watching some Acorn TV. I’m trying to get more steps in.

Donna, that’s good your dd and her bf aren’t too sick. I think the vaccine helped me.

Pam, the treadmill sounds like a nice low stress workout. I hope your bil’s girlfriend recovers soon.
Old 01-27-22, 11:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did a CS episode from Season 4- 416 - Muscle Chains, it was one of my first episodes!

Today, so far, has been a mix:

- Caroline Sandry - Shape Up - Upper Body - this is a nice DVD - it is filmed outdoors which is good for these winter days. It wasn't too taxing - a mix of body weight and light hand weights. A little bit of Pilates type work as well as traditional work.

- CS 1225 - This was an all standing episode

- Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs - which included Level 1 Pilates and Pilates for Posture

I will try to move around again later today - too much sitting.

I have been on a CS kick lately and I just saw that I could subscribe for 30 days for free. I will probably take advantage of that - I would like to try the new seasons. I didn't order the DVDs b/c of course when they had their sale I wasn't doing CS...and now I just can't bring myself to pay full price. I think they will have another sale over the summer....based on past experience...

So far, my DD has tested negative on the home tests but she has a PCR test scheduled for today. If she does have it - it, so far, is pretty much like a head cold - and her BF is not too sick either. Both of them have had their full vaccinations and boosters....My DH gets tested weekly and so far he doesn't have it and I feel fine...fingers crossed....#SICKOFCOVID

Sherry - thanks for the Pilates video mention - I would love to take Reformer classes, it definitely looks like it would kick things up a notch. I would love to have a Reformer, but where to keep it??? And I think they are pretty expensive. Those Fit in 15 workouts are fun - can you believe how long ago 2015 was?! LOL!

Pam - I hope your BIL's GF feels better soon.

Not much else to report - been working and sitting too much.

Need work life balance!

Donna
Old 01-27-22, 01:03 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Lift with Cee 40-4-40 (workout six!)

Hi Ladies,

I really miss my reformer. I donated it before we left Arizona. I have no space, but loved it when I had it so many years ago! I have done a few "reformer" workouts on the Total Gym, but haven't found a TG Pilates instructor I click with yet having only done a couple of them. I do like a machine that has multiple purposes/functions though, so like the TG better, in this case.

Today I was back to strength with Cee. She's posted nine workouts so far for this program, so I'm only behind by three.

Have a good day, everyone!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 12:53 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

Today's workouts were:

Caroline Sandry - Shape Up Lower Body
Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates Day # 3

I had a bad night with insomnia last night so I woke up late and had to rush more than I would have liked!

DD is not terribly sick at all - so that is good and so far DH and I don't have symptoms.

We are not supposed to get much from this storm - which is fine by me.

Pam - maybe I should look into a TG.....I need something to freshen my routine!

Donna

Tags
tablet