Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-05-22, 08:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Penny 12/27/21 - 30 minutes;
A nice low impact routine done poolside in Arizona.

Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates Basics
A quick routine from Jessica. I liked it but it did feel a bit hurried. But, my body sure did feel good doing the moves. I wish I could figure out a little more time to exercise. I know I need cardio and strength, but pilates makes me feel good.

Return to work wasn't too bad. We already have 2 or 3 teachers out with CoVid. It's just a matter of time until we all have it in this state that refuses to mask (or anything). We don't have a very big substitute pool - many of our long time subs decided that they would just retire in light of CoVid, so the real question is whether we can keep kids in the classroom through January and February. Time will tell.

I was super busy and will be busy again tomorrow reviewing the audit before auditors present it to our finance committee tomorrow afternoon. Then I've got to get some stuff done for the feds, and then payroll. January is not a month in which I have much breathing room, so I really don't want to get sick.

Oh gosh Donna, I don't think I would subscribe to Beth's site as long as you've got Jessica's membership active. You can only do so much pilates in a month.

Dana - I'm hoping the Happy Hips challenge has a bunch of short-ish workouts, like 15 to 20 minutes tops.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 09:33 AM  
buffmama

Balanced to the Core Day 4/21 Pilates Strength Challenge - activating the glutes and hips with a magic circle - great!
Old 01-06-22, 11:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I slept in this morning and have been a bit behind as a result. I did need a good night's sleep though.

Plumbing work is done - woo hoo! Although, a funny story, they forgot to turn the power back on to the hot water heater before they left - so I thought I had another emergency on my hands this morning - but fortunately it was an easy and no cost fix, LOL!

Getting painters lined up for the painting job and repair work is next. It is a friend's company that we use.

Anyway....

Today's workout was:

Lively Ladies - Strength & Cardio Using Light Weights - this is one she uploaded on Monday. I enjoyed it - I like this instructor, the word "comforting" comes to mind whenever I workout with her. This was a pretty challenging workout - it reminded me somewhat of the Firm's 4 Limb stuff.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga - I think she uploaded this one on Monday as well. It was a nice short session to add on this morning.

I do want to get something in this afternoon at lunch for some extra steps and activity. I didn't get anything extra in yesterday between work and then putting the house back together after the plumbers.

We are also supposed to get some snow here overnight.

There is so much free on You Tube it is hard to justify spending money on a streaming service!

I am thinking that maybe I'll do 3 Lively Ladies workouts per week - Trish uploads on Mon-Wed-Fri. So I can do those and then on the in-between days do whatever strikes my fancy. I am just not good w/ following a strict plan. I think the LL workouts will help me to get back into some sort of shape for doing more advanced work - she often blends cardio/toning into each workout. They are probably not "enough" for a true strength program, but I need to take baby steps, LOL!

Carol - There are so many staffing issues these days - around here they are having trouble retaining bus drivers. And so many people are taking part in the "great resignation" where I work - particularly people who are close to retirement and may have considered working longer but for the pandemic and the stress. I agree, I think having Beth's membership and JV's membership at the same time would be overload. I'll probably drop JV in the summer and then maybe do another membership for awhile w/ someone else. Although there is so much on You Tube!

Dana - those are nice workouts from Chris!

buffmama - good job as usual!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 02:52 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Thurs: 30 min. walk/read; Jessica's 15 min. Walk & Talk from a month ago

It was sweet to finally hang out with Jessica again. I'm really looking forward to her new material. And I'm looking forward to having my workout room again. It's our small family room and it's a bit of a mess at the moment. I used a tiny corner of it for the walking workout with my laptop, but the main area and the TV are blocked right now. Ugh.

Donna, yay for updated plumbing!!!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 06:54 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I haven't done anything yet. I'm sitting here drinking coffee and trying to decide what I want to do this morning. The real feel temperature outside is now -18F and it's going to be very cold all day but sunny. I'm good with that!

Lindsay Brin is launching new program on the 17th. It's a 5 week Balanced Pilates and it will be high energy, full range of motion pilates with light dumbbells and this description totally appeals to me. She's got 7-day free trial and her subscription is only $14.95/month. I think I will subscribe for couple of months and will give this a try. Below is full description of this upcoming program.

Balanced Pilates begins on January 17th. Pilates with variety! A combo of high energy pilates, strength & cardio with dumbbells, Mat Pilates and Boxing Pilates. Just 30 minutes, 3 times per week.

This program is three days a week (Monday's, Wednesdays, and Fridays) with workouts under 30 minutes. Monday's are high energy Pilates workouts incorporating standing Pilates and mat work with weights. Wednesday's will make you sweat - choose between Boxing Pilates or Strength & Cardio with dumbbells. Friday's are all about Mat Pilates. Our calendar also includes an optional fourth day for cardio.
Link: https://studio.momsintofitness.com/b...rce=newsletter There also is a coupon code for 30% off the first month at the top of the page.

OK, now I have to pick what I'm going to do this morning and actually do it. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-07-22, 07:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Lively Ladies - Total Body Cardio - this was from Wed 1/5 - this was body weight exercises done at a cardio pace. it was easier than the workout I did yesterday w/ weights.

Man Flow Yoga - Mission: Daily Yoga - Beginner's spinal essentials. I enjoyed this one - slow paced, good instruction, longer holds.

Dana - that program sounds good - I may look into it. Enjoy your cold temps. We had snow here.

Brenda - glad you got back into the groove.

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!

Donna
Old 01-07-22, 08:05 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Checking back with GHUTV Cardio Kickboxing 5 -34min. I'm not feeling it this morning so I'm going to stop here. For some reason this workout, which I've done before, was a struggle for me today but at least I did it.

Waves to all!
Old 01-07-22, 08:46 AM  
buffmama

Balanced to the Core Day 5/21 Day Pilates for Strength - flow

Usia - Feel better.
Old 01-07-22, 10:12 AM  
donnamp

Good job, Dana on getting it done - some days are just like that! I checked the link on the challenge, it looks good - I may try the 7 days and see what I think.

Painting is supposed to start on Wed/Thurs of next week it will be good to have that done.

I do need bathrooms remodeled, maybe I'll get estimates in Feb and try to get it done in the spring.

Donna
Old 01-07-22, 07:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I didn't get a workout in yesterday because I had to stay late for a Finance Committee meeting, but today, I did

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength with Penny 12/17/21 - 30 minutes;
This definitely felt like a step up from Penny's Intermediate Strength workouts. I don't know exactly what made it tougher, but it was. This one combined bodyweight and dumbbells.

Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Leg Workout - 10 minutes
I enjoyed this one from Jessica.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote