Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-22, 05:40 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross Trainers JANUARY 2022!

Good morning!

Welcome to New Year and new check in! Just starting us off, will post my work out later after my designated spot of 6am CST! Happy New Year to all!
Old 01-01-22, 08:21 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Happy New Year - let's hope 2022 is a good one.

Thanks for starting us off, Dana.

Today, so far, I have done:

Silver & Fit - Advanced Yoga w/ Stacey Lei 12.30.21

I may do something else later....maybe some strength....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 08:55 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Checking in this morning with:

GHUTV Power Walk - 20min
GHUTV Barre Strong: Sculpt & Shred - 35min
. Killer workout but oh so good!

Wishing everyone Happy New Year! I was fast asleep by 10pm last night but did wake up to some fireworks in the park across from us.
Old 01-01-22, 10:25 AM  
buffmama

Happy New Year to all. Today was leg day and some easier pilates and yoga.

The Girl with the Pilates Mat Christmas Mixed Ability - 33 min
danielpt fitness KB Leg Attack - 33 min
Yoga with Kassandra Yin with Affirmations - 34 min

I think I'm starting the year with MVMT with Cailin's 30 day challenge - tomorrow apparently.
Old 01-01-22, 02:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Madeleine 12/29/21 - 30 minutes;
This one was taught add on style; I actually worked up a sweat with this workout, which is not typical for me during a Silver & Fit workout.

Pilates & Yoga with Katja - Let's Begin with Your Breath - 25 minutes
This was a new to me instructor. I liked her and really felt the ab work. She has a playlist for the month that I may follow.

Nice workouts everyone!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 09:27 AM  
buffmama

So much for starting with Caitlin. . Her second workout was legs and I will do better picking and choosing to balance my workouts. So...today was Balanced to the Core Day 1/21 Day Challenge. It was breath focused, felt great, and wasn't intense at all. Apparently I will continue mixing and matching. Have a great. day everyone!
Old 01-02-22, 02:00 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I also managed to do:

CocoLime Fitness - 30 min Cardio Tone - Suzanne from CL Fitness offered another special $1 for your first month - so I signed up again. I wouldn't subscribe at full price - $14.99, but these $1 months are good for me. If her price were lower - like in the Ellen B range I'd probably subscribe regularly but her stuff is nothing I want to do regularly, if that makes sense. For me, I guess if I'm paying for a site I want to use it most of the time..... anyway, this was a cardio/body weight routine, nothing too taxing.

Man Flow Yoga - Yoga for Herniated Disc - this was on You Tube a nice add on.

Today, so far, has been:

CL Fitness - 30 Min Full Body With Weights

Man Flow Yoga - Yoga for Sciatica - I did this one a few days ago. It really hits the spot for me. Ironically, the pigeon and figure 4 type poses tend to really irritate something. I do better w/ working on opening my hip flexors rather than stretching the piriformis.

I may do Annie Pilates PT - piriformis exercises w/ the band - those hit the spot for me too as it works to strengthen my glute/hip area.

VERY dreary weather here....

We are having some major plumbing work done here this week - it is going to be a major PITA, but hopefully will be worth it to avoid emergency plumber calls. Then, at some point we are having some painting done. January is going to be a pain with all of this going on but hopefully it will be worth it.

For now my only real "plan" for working out is to do Man Flow Yoga's Mission: Daily Yoga - plus whatever else I feel like doing.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday, unfortunately, back to work for me tomorrow.

Carol - I found that cardio from Madeleine to be a little more feisty! I enjoyed it.

buffmama - good luck juggling your challenges/rotations.

Dana - so glad you are getting such good use from GHUTV!

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 06:28 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Sunday: a bit of stepping

I spend the last bit of December sick for the first time since Jan 2020. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the big C--no lung congestion, no fever--but I still felt lousy during the week that was supposed to be a nice break. It was nice to spend the time reading and generally doing nothing. But I'm ready to be healthy again. I'm on the upswing but not normal yet.

In other news, my new washing machine is supposed to show up Friday. I've been doing laundry at our rental house where my older boys live for the last month.

Donna, you'll be so glad you got that done. Our house is old (1963) and had lots of plumbing issues for the first few years we lived here. The old plumbing didn't want to drain right and we often found things leaking under sinks. We finally were able to fix everything and it is SO nice.

Happy New Year, everyone!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 08:22 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! I took Sunday off. I am going to try to be more intentional about scheduling rest days this year. In the past, I've been afraid to take rest days, for fear that they would turn into rest weeks. We will see.

We had our first really cold day of the season on Saturday, along with a touch - probably not even measurable - of snow. Yesterday was in the 40s and felt warm by comparison.

I'll be back later with my workouts ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 08:55 AM  
buffmama

Kait Coats Love Your Body Challenge Day 1

So much for a plan, this is where I landed. I did 2 of her yoga workouts last night since I was sitting most of the day. Standing Morning Yoga for Back & Shoulders felt great. I need to get back to doing cow face pose arms daily. Have a great day everyone.