Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-07-22, 08:39 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 6,524

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 10:00 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Mother Nature dropped about 6" of snow out there. The guys will plow my driveway tomorrow. They do businesses first. I'm usually near last because I'm 15 miles out of town.

I'm going to ride the bike or Cubii Jr today. Maybe a little of both.

Cynthia, I stopped drinking coffee 6 years ago. My neighbor used to put cinnamon in the decanter before the coffee dripped into it.

Lynn, thanks for the pep talk. The guys are very helpful but the lawn guys don't do anything without being paid. They always talk about customers who they think will remember them in their will. If that's a hint they can forget it. Most of the time I feel I was overcharged and then the guys expect a tip. I started tipping with snack food and flavored water since they eat everything in sight. My SO and my neighbor are the only ones who help without sticking their hand out. They know I'm here when they need something.

Cheryl, it must be hard for your daughter to talk with her friend but sleeping late is always great.
I get a lot of reactions like your husband and my allergy list to meds is so long I can't remember everything. But this is over the top and beyond for a drug reaction. Colitis and diverticulitis at the same time time is too much. Someday the pain will stop. I get to eat Cream of Wheat, flake cereal, mashed potatoes and pasta and Jello with a little poultry. But none of it can have fat because of the chronic pancreatitis.

Diana, one night I couldn't get Amazon video on Roku in the bedroom. A woman at Amazon and I worked for over an hour trying to make it happen. We decided that smart tv's can be pretty darn stupid.

I made my will last year. Since I have no close relatives I delayed as long as I could. A few years ago when I was in the coma with septic shock there was one bill that had to be paid by check and I was kinda out of it. There's no one around here that I trust with my money. And then the man came into my life. After meeting his kids and family I knew I had the right man for the job. I waited until I was absolutely sure he was a good person. The Medical Directive at the hospital was also made by the lawyer instead of using the hospital's wording. I found out that when I was in the coma on the ventilator, the hospital wanted to pull the plug because I had no family blah blah. My emergency contact told them I have a cat and I am the only person the cat knows and no they can't pull the plug. The cat needs me. Meow Meow and my neighbor saved my life. How do I repay her? I put the man and his entire family as my emergency contact list. If that place wants family, it's on the list.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 03:10 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Going to do a spa staycation for about a week. Beachbody on demand has lots of meditation and yoga that I haven't done. Today: day 1 meditation, and day 1 of 3-day refresh yoga. Plan also, perhaps one thing per day, to soak my cuticles in warm lotion, use a clay mask, maybe some gentle foam rolling to simulate a massage, bubble baths.

The omicron is raging around here. Church has gone back to youtube services. Singing groups have cancelled rehearsals. Going to do fun all by myself.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 03:13 PM  
seabliss

Today's workout was the 40-Minute Unilateral Leg Workout. I'm supposed to do the HIIT and core tomorrow, but we got the opportunity to go see a property that might work for us. We are renting a car to go see it (it's about 1.5 hours south). With the current restrictions going on here, the car was extremely cheap, so that's good.

Cynthia, I love coffee. We grind our beans fresh every day. Back in the U.S. I was putting pumpkin pie spice in my coffee sometimes. So good. You should try that sometime!

Linda, that's a lot of snow. Also, another reason to be glad for MM. And for your man and his family.

Diana, funny that you are tech support in your family!
Old 01-07-22, 03:16 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, I did try the pumpkin pie spice with coffee yesterday. Zapped in the blender, it was like a pumpkin spice latte; foam without milk.
Best wishes for a successful house-hunting trip!
Old 01-07-22, 06:18 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 yoga flow.

Cynthia, staycations are always nice.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 09:47 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

LindaThat's really sad that the hospital wanted to do that because you have no family. I remember when you were going through that.

Cynthia The Spa Staycation sounds great. I know quite a few people with covid right now. It's gotten crazy here, too. How long do you blend the coffee?

Cheryl Good luck with house hunting.

Check-In: 40 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-08-22, 07:49 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 11,093

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-08-22, 12:18 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I had a rough night. I took care of Meow and came to the bed. Maybe I'll feel better after a nap.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 02:26 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Linda, still holding you in prayer.

Diana, I blend the coffee just for a few seconds & it's amazing how foamy it gets. I really like it. The 21Day Fix program had a recipe for it with a little coconut oil and vanilla, and that's nice too, but the blender is harder to clean afterwards.

The staycation was interrupted this morning by maid service. LOL-- me. Had an appt with HandyKen for a few repairs, so I felt the need to neaten the place up a bit.

It's a nice sunny day, although cold. I might take a walk. Also plan to do another Beachbody meditation, and stretch with Karen Voight. I've done her Pure and Simple Stretch for so many years! I had it on VHS and also bought an audiocassette of the music so I could mute the talking on the VCR and have the same music. Tech sure is different now.

Back later.

Later. I did take a nice walk. Nothing scenic, just around the neighborhood. Then I did another beachbody meditation (they have 2 programs of meditation. The one I'm doing has a different one, with different instructor, each day for 21 days) while I soaked my cuticles in warm lotion. This is a good spa.